Rachel Stevens vs Geri Halliwell

khalyan

Rachel Stevens vs Geri Halliwell  

39 members have voted

1. 1. ??

• Rachel Stevens
    • Geri Halliwell

• ATRL Moderator

Which former Y2K group member turned successful-in-the-UK soloist had the better career or better music?

--

According to urban legend, their careers crossed in the early 2000s. "Some Girls" was written by Richard X with a multitude of possible performers in mind for the song, such as Girls Aloud. He was asked to give the song to Geri Halliwell or to Rachel Stevens, with Rachel ultimately being given the song. Geri Halliwell was so distraught at the decision she locked herself in a car and proceeded to blow up Richard X's phone out of anger and frustration for losing the song.

Both amazing but Geri takes it

Scream if you wanna go faster, It's raining Men and Look at me

• Like 1

Is this even a question? Be it as part of a group or as a solo artist, Geri did and had more than Rachel. Rachel’s got two solo hits, Geri had Look at Me, Raining Men, Latina, lift me up, bag it up, scream if you wanna go faster etc. 

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, PoKiTaurus said:

Geri 100%

4 consecutive UK #1s and a #2 was impressive. 

While not as impressive, Rachel got three top 3 hits and two other top 10s so she did pretty well for herself as well

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, Joesuxx said:

Is this even a question? Be it as part of a group or as a solo artist, Geri did and had more than Rachel. Rachel’s got two solo hits, Geri had Look at Me, Raining Men, Latina, lift me up, bag it up, scream if you wanna go faster etc. 

Sweet Dreams (My LA Ex) - #2

Some Girls - #2

More More More - #3

So Good - #10

Negotiate with Love - #10

Rachel's solo career was pretty good! And the quality of music was better :-* 

Rachel is more talented and has better songs imo. Come and Get It is a classic album. 

I like both but Rachel takes it easily. Geri was too camp for her own good.

Rachel and Richard X will attest to that :coffee:

I was just so horrified by this idea of that song going to Geri – no disrespect to Geri – but I wasn’t a great fan of ‘Geri pop’. 

“I was like, ‘This is just gonna be awful.’

Edit: Mess didn't see you mentioned this in the OP, but the quote cracks me up. The thought of her screaming in her car :deadbanana2: 

Wasn't Geri's solo career kinda over by 2004 anyway...

Edited by glitch

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, Saint James said:

this song and video are awful :deadbanana:

That's my favorite song of hers :chick3:

17 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

Some Girls is better than anything any of Spice Girls did solo.

• ATRL Moderator
19 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

Some Girls is better than anything any of Spice Girls did solo.

Is it better than I Turn To You (Hex Hector Radio Remix)?

The answer is yes it's still better but Mel C put up a better fight :clap3: 

• Like 1

No one expected much from Rachel's debut and then she delivered one of the best pop albums of all time. Come & Get It is amazing too. Queen Rachel :clap3:

• Like 1

Went back to Geri’s discography last week actually. She had some bops for sure. Kinda ahead of her time in her uniqueness tbh.

Edited by Infatuation_Junkie

Geri's musical career was more successful and has more interesting moments (in terms of lore, drama and memes) but Rachel's music was way better and more consistent. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, khalyan said:

Sweet Dreams (My LA Ex) - #2

Some Girls - #2

More More More - #3

So Good - #10

Negotiate with Love - #10

Rachel's solo career was pretty good! And the quality of music was better :-* 

Not a single no.1 in the shadow of geri’s 

16 minutes ago, khalyan said:

Which former Y2K group member turned successful-in-the-UK soloist had the better career or better music?

--

According to urban legend, their careers crossed in the early 2000s. "Some Girls" was written by Richard X with a multitude of possible performers in mind for the song, such as Girls Aloud. He was asked to give the song to Geri Halliwell or to Rachel Stevens, with Rachel ultimately being given the song. Geri Halliwell was so distraught at the decision she locked herself in a car and proceeded to blow up Richard X's phone out of anger and frustration for losing the song.

Never understood the love for Sweet Dreams My LA Ex (right up there with my puzzlement about the weird fervor ppl here have for the Gaga lost track Nothing on But the Radio), so all that drama over that song is very WTF to me. :rip:

Anyway, Geri has more of an it-factor, but Some Girls blows every Geri song out of the water. 

omg this song >>>> gives us more bops like this, Queen!!!! :WAP:

I prefer Rachel.

56 minutes ago, leyaris11 said:

omg this song >>>> gives us more bops like this, Queen!!!! :WAP:

Taste :clap3:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Joesuxx said:

Rachel had 5 top 10 hits

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.