Has Mandy Moore lowkey had a bigger career than Christina Aguilera?

blackoutbaby

Mandy Moore’s music career obviously was….less than successful.

But she has since made a name for herself in Hollywood with successful films, including The Princess Diaries, A Walk to Remember, and the biggest of all, Tangled.

Meanwhile, Xtina has struggled to maintain chart success, not having a solo top 10 hit since the Bush administration, and her attempt at a major film performed decently with Burlesque, but overall doesn’t compare to Mandy’s.

So, despite her almost non-existent music career, has Mandy Moore lowkey seen more success than Christina Aguilera? :celestial5:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Thumbs Down 2

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• blackoutbaby

• orange22

• La Reina

• leyaris11

Top Posters In This Topic

Atrl is the only place where artists of that generation maintain a shred of relevance. 

• Haha 8
  • Thumbs Down 4

I don’t think so tbh. 
Christina was overshadowed by Britney and Beyoncé but she has a very very successful music career. 

Remember Christina got paid more for one season of the voice than Mandy got paid for all her 100+ episodes of This is Us combined. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I love Mandy, but I’m not sure if she has gotten out of B or even C list status yet.

Her career has been more consistent over the years, but even with This Is Us and A Walk To Remember, I just don’t think she’s on the Genio Atrapado chanteuse’s level. 

The lengths this site will go to try and discredit Xtina :deadbanana4:

Nobody cared about Mandy Moore again until she had a comeback with This Is Us. Do you really think people care about who voiced Rapunzel in an animated movie? :bibliahh:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mordecai said:

The lengths this site will go to try and discredit Xtina :deadbanana4:

Nobody cared about Mandy Moore again until she had a comeback with This Is Us. Do you really think people care about who voiced Rapunzel in an animated movie? :bibliahh:

Well, yes

well-yes-well-yes-tokyo-toni.gif

• ATRL Moderator

This is better than anything in Christina's discography

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

I think This Is Us helped put her back on the map as that show received high viewership and was critically acclaimed throughout its run, but musically, Christina will always be more relevant. I view Christina as a singer who sometimes dabbles in acting and Mandy as an actress who also releases music. I know Mandy originally started out as a singer but I feel like she’s more known by the GP now as an actress. It’s hard to compare their careers as I think they’re both known for different things nowadays.  

Let me give this song a stream though:

:WAP:

5 minutes ago, Kodak Energy said:

Remember Christina got paid more for one season of the voice than Mandy got paid for all her 100+ episodes of This is Us combined. 

this is true. Xtina comes to mind as one of the most well known talent judges, comparable to the original idol lineup.

NUP_153128_0634.JPGd6ed5b1a068895647ee93f48865a31e3.jpg

• Like 1

it's always a member with a mariah or a digimon avi. not even britney's stans hate on Xtiane like them.

epBetnu.gif

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, orange22 said:

Let me know when Mandy does this!

Wait, no, ‘cause this is a bop :katie2:

And the rap verse? Werk :katie2:

Yes. Mandy is a bigger star and also a bigger actress so yes she has ended up having the bigger career than Xtina.

Mandy also has had many of her old songs that weren't hits like "Candy" going viral on Tiktok and Twitter again, so even those are remembered now even without doing anything on radio back in the day :clap3:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

overall career no, but more successful than xtina now, for sure. in fact she's had more recent success than all her peers thanks to This is Us. 

This is such a weird comparison, like they’re different lanes. This is like asking who’s had a more successful career? Donald Trump vs Hilary Duff

2 hours ago, blackoutbaby said:

Mandy Moore’s music career obviously was….less than successful.

But she has since made a name for herself in Hollywood with successful films, including The Princess Diaries, A Walk to Remember, and the biggest of all, Tangled.

Meanwhile, Xtina has struggled to maintain chart success, not having a solo top 10 hit since the Bush administration, and her attempt at a major film performed decently with Burlesque, but overall doesn’t compare to Mandy’s.

So, despite her almost non-existent music career, has Mandy Moore lowkey seen more success than Christina Aguilera? :celestial5:

Why do you keep trying to make Jessica Simpson and Mandy Moore happen in 2023?

Xtina will always have the bigger career. There's a thread here from July about how Mandy gets paid PENNIES for This Is Us. And Xtina? Paid $17 million per season of The Voice.

Give it up deelishis.

Edited by La Reina
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, shyboi said:

I liked that Shark movie she did years ago

47 Meters Down? Yes, queen was excellent in that horror movie. Versatile actress :clap3:

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.