Did 2012 have some of the best hits ever?

Big Bad Wolf

Some Year End songs from 2012:

Somebody That I Used To Know

Call Me Maybe

We Are Young

Lights

Glad You Came

What Makes You Beautiful

Wild Ones

We Found Love

Some Nights

Take Care

Titanium

Good Time

Blow Me (One Last Kiss)

Domino

Ho Hey

Die Young

Diamonds

Adorn

And many other great pop songs! I have such nostalgia for this year and I literally only see feel good classics. There was something in the pop waters that year. Was 2012 one of the best years for popular music ever? Discuss! 

Good year for R&B (Miguel, Frank, Usher), hip hop (Kendrick, A$AP Rocky, Cruel Summer) and Lana Del Rey, terrible for everything else.

Edited by Virgos Groove
  • Thumbs Down 1

a very fun year for pop music indeed! one of the few years where i feel like i know every single hit song.

on another note, it’s insane to me that all of these songs were year end songs and sonically representative of the current sound, the same year Lana released BTD/P. putting that into perspective she really came out with a record that subversed everything people liked about pop music. idk why this was the first thing i thought of when i read that list :celestial5:

6 minutes ago, helpthomas said:

a very fun year for pop music indeed! one of the few years where i feel like i know every single hit song.

on another note, it’s insane to me that all of these songs were year end songs and sonically representative of the current sound, the same year Lana released BTD/P. putting that into perspective she really came out with a record that subversed everything people liked about pop music. idk why this was the first thing i thought of when i read that list :celestial5:

She completely revolutionized and revitalized pop. :clap3:

• Haha 1

it's fun but 2011 and 2013 were even more and that made 2012 feel less impressive. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.