Massachusetts teen dies after eating spicy tortilla chip

MoonGoodandHappy

A 14-year-old boy from Massachusetts died unexpectedly a short time after he ate a particularly spicy tortilla chip.

The chip from US brand Paqui comes individually wrapped and its website says it is made from two of the hottest chilli peppers in the world - the Carolina Reaper and Scorpion.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/sep/05/massachusetts-teen-dies-spicy-tortilla-chip-pacqui

https://news.sky.com/story/massachusetts-teenager-dies-after-taking-part-in-viral-spicy-chip-challenge-popular-on-tiktok-12955273

Terrible.

spacer.png
Not a skull being on the packaging :rip:

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

there are no results from his post mortem examination so this could be a wild coincidence.

may he rest in peace. 

47 minutes ago, ChapelHooker said:

there are no results from his post mortem examination so this could be a wild coincidence.

may he rest in peace. 

So his death will just remain unsolved? This is so sad. RIP.

5 minutes ago, SimpleKindofLife said:

So his death will just remain unsolved? This is so sad. RIP.

i forgot to type "yet". there are no results yet.

while it is technically possible to die from spicy food, its not because of the "spiciness", since thats just a reaction in our mouths, but more likely from preexisting gastrointestinal or cardiological issues. 

Edited by ChapelHooker

1 minute ago, onapearl said:

Food in the US is garbage, generally speaking, but this is more of a novelty item that is specifically labeled as not for kids. 

Yeah I get that, just wanted to remind everyone of how poisonous food is in the US and everyone should be more aware of the fact that other countries don’t feed to their people what America does to their own

I had to stop one of my dummy friends from trying to eat one. It's not even worth it. You're only going to hurt yourself.

7 hours ago, LCTV said:

rip tho :(

you tried to drag me to hell for laughing at this or what.....

RIP to the poor boy, and the bag literally has only 1 chip....

So intense.

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.