What do you think of Anaconda in 2023?

Galaxy

Listened to it yesterday and still remains fresh. 

Haven't heard this in a decade. I gave it a listen and it kinda sounds fresh. It's not bad, the video remains absolute trash though.

• Like 1

A culture reset moment... At 2014 everybody crazy about big booty and Nicki doing what's she doing best: Serving bops after bops. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Haven't heard this in a decade. I gave it a listen and it kinda sounds fresh. It's not bad, the video remains absolute trash though.

The video fit to the narrative of the song like Anaconda, yeah it was trashy but it's fun and colorist. Not expecting Adele' mv type for a song like anacoda. 

JLo was stellar in it, it's a camp classic.

Lake-placid-vs-anaconda GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Groundbreaking. Inspired some to use its formula :fan:

Edited by Lloyd Minaj

It’s far from my favourite Nicki song or her best. It did have everyone wanting their own “Anaconda” moment & it’s fun to recall the conservative meltdowns & the memes it spawned.

I appreciate the unconventional instrumental, but it’s too… chaotic for my taste. It also completely loses me towards the end. Not a track I revisit, but I will bop if it plays. 

The video on the other hand, is one of her best. The banana chopping scene lives in my head - it’s simple & brief, but I think shifts the sexual dynamics of a song like this. 

It's still a lot of fun to listen to. It's low-key a favorite of mine.

still a banger

anaconda walked so wap could sprint 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.