Swiftie calls Beyoncé overrated on reddit, it backfires

Space Cowboy

The following post was made in r/music by a swiftie (you can tell OP is a swiftie seeing their comment history and some of the comments int the thread)

https://reddit.com/r/Music/s/6ut9diqHD8

Why is Beyoncé so big?

Seriously, I love a lot of her songs but still can’t wrap my head around why she’s so big? Like everyone acts like she’s God or something, I personally think she’s overrated like no other. Imo she’s not THAT big and THAT iconic and THAT everything. Can someone explain? (this is just my personal opinion pls don’t get offended)

Reddit has a hate boner on Beyoncé sometimes, so OP probably expected the rest of the users to reaffirm their beliefs and call Beyoncé overrated as well. However, the most upvoted respones are all supporting Beyoncé.

Some of the responses:

Spoiler

Beyoncé has been producing high quality output consistently for 25 years. And output is not just music. It’s music, videos, concert tours, image, promotion, etc. In the music industry, that kind of longevity also requires constant reinvention to stay relevant and interesting. It also requires building a lot of behind the scenes credibility and goodwill to get top notch producers, etc. That’s really hard to do. Let alone nail for 25 years.

She's definitely got talent, but more than that she's got a crazy work ethic. She can lead a team and practice for hours so she can put on a hell of a show. She's never done anything to gain public backlash, and she seems pretty gracious overall.

When you are that consistent, and been around for so long, plus the fact that she can sing. The industry likes her and people like her. Bam, superstar

she's one of the last great, mainstream entertainers. the ones who everyone and their momma talks about, both because she's ubiquitous and because... she's actually great at her craft.

i'll be honest and admit that i've never been a big fan of hers -- even though i really enjoyed renaissance -- but she is a full-blown entertainer with a voice that can't be denied and moves to match. she's earned her flowers.

I used to be like you. I understood that she was a talented singer, but always thought she isn’t that special.

Then I saw her live.

Everything clicked for me. There is no one on this planet that has the catalogue, the talent, AND the ability to perform like she does. It’s all there. She is the complete package.

This question is so weird to me when she has proven now for 27 years she can sing, dance, entertain, and release high quality work without breaking a sweat. Like, name a current pop artist that that can out perform Beyoncé right now.

Why are swifties so threatened by Beyoncé - the eras tour/Taylor swift aren’t any less successful/popular because Beyoncé is getting attention for her tour at the same time. It doesn’t seem like this question is in good faith, especially based on your comments throughout the thread. Reddit in general is pretty anti-Beyoncé so you can always find support for the Beyoncé is overrated opinion on this platform. It’s not just you OP, it’s across social media any time there’s something positive about Beyoncé there’s swifties bringing Taylor up. Stans in general are exhausting, a number of stars can be active at once and talented/popular. The constant comparisons aren’t necessary. Enjoy who you enjoy and let others enjoy who THEY enjoy too. To act surprised she’s so huge when she’s been a star for decades and such a big part of pop culture is annoying and deliberately obtuse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

You can never deny Beyoncé's talent, never.

• Like 2

And i have read behives calling Taylor overrated.

So

spacer.png

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1

Its one thing to say Beyonce can't write songs or isn't as big as Taylor, but to dunk on her talent? That woman is probably across the board the most skilled popstar we have period. Her level of vocal prowess is on par with Mariah, Celine, Whitney + her popgirl sensibilities are up there with Madonna, not to mention her DANCE? Whew!

• Like 12

What was the purpose of this? The investigation of the post history of a random Reddit member and a thread they made? :rip:

Edited by Popboi.
  • Thanks 5

The way you can't have an opinion anymore without people going through your history and finding something to claim you're being biased because of being a stan of certain artist. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 8

Aren’t there enough Taylor versus Beyoncé Stan fights on here, do we have to import them from Reddit too?

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dephira said:

Aren’t there enough Taylor versus Beyoncé Stan fights on here, do we have to import them from Reddit too?

Yeah, i don't really get the point of creating this thread for a Reddit post with less than 2k upvotes unless they want to trigger some fights. 

To see Reddit supporting Beyoncé?!!! Well then! I'm sure the rest of her haters were just not quick enough. 

It's a weird question. Why does he mean why is she so big? Because a lot of people love her. Because since 97 she has been working really hard consistently and she minds her business, always. 

r/music calls Beyonce overrated is just another Monday to them :rip:
Also, we swifties are so relevant that ATRL is making thread about us from other social media :fan:

Not a big fan of Bey's music but you just can't deny that as a performer she's absolutely amazing and has huge talent

13 minutes ago, Taylena said:

The way you can't have an opinion anymore without people going through your history and finding something to claim you're being biased because of being a stan of certain artist. 

You must be new to the internet. This has been the case since Twitter and Stan forums were invented. 

8 minutes ago, Taylena said:

Yeah, i don't really get the point of creating this thread for a Reddit post with less than 2k upvotes unless they want to trigger some fights. 

Wait, only 2k?!?! I can get more upvotes than that on the drag race sub :rip:@ATRL Administration maybe we need a new "viral" goalpost for reddit lol!

• Like 1

Denying Beyonce's talent is delusional, but bringing to ATRL a Reddit thread with 2K  upvotes is pathetic.

• Like 4

Just now, AndThenTheCocaine said:

The OP didn't even mention Taylor in the post but go off I guess

Bud they did! This is one of OP’s comments in the same post they call Beyoncé overrated

A broken clock strikes....you know the saying

But as someone who are major stan of Bey, why the flamebait OP. That thing barely viral for even Reddit standards :rip:

4 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

Bud they did! This is one of OP’s comments in the same post they call Beyoncé overrated

And this was in response to a comment bringing up Taylor!