Which Artist Released The Best Music At Their Peak?

GraceRandolph

Poll  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Best Album?

• Britney Spears - “Baby One More Time”
    • Lady Gaga - “The Fame Monster”
    • Madonna - “True Blue”
    • Beyoncé - “Lemonade”
    • Taylor Swift - “Midnights”
    • Katy Perry - “Teenage Dream”
    • Adele - “21”

Which artist released the best album at their peak?

Edited by GraceRandolph

I’d have to say Lemonade, from this list. It’s a truly essential album. I like all the rest, and I even prefer Midnights to Lemonade subjectively, but Lemonade is the best album here.

I voted for Madonna, although I wouldn't exactly consider True Blue her peak; or at least not her only peak, considering Like A Prayer, Ray Of Light and Confessions exist. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

Sasha Fierce is Bey's peak (and would be the worst one here unfortunately). Of the list TFM is the best with Teenage Dream right behind.

• Like 1

shes not listed here but i think janet is the best example. the albums she released during her imperial phase are widely considered to be her best. 

but out of this list, definitely madonna. bey if we're considering lemonade as her peak even though renny screams TABS 

• Like 3

Lemonade is an awesome album but to me it’s always been too inconsistent to listen front to back every time. Voted for TFM.

Beyoncé, with Lemonade. I still think she has yet to reach her artistic peak, though. She's only becoming bolder in her craft.

Voted for Beyoncé. She might not be my favorite artist out of those, and I don't vibe with Ren, but I was impressed by how much I loved (and still do) Lemonade.

28 minutes ago, Daddy said:

Y'all only know 10 artists and it's exhausting.

I've noticed the same and it is tiring indeed. I'm convinced that some of the girls straight up refuse to listen to anything that doesn't smash on the BB100 or whatever. Not to mention how dismissive of good music ATRL Can be just because it isn't 1. smashing and 2. not released by A-listers. :zzz:

OP: Gaga and Madonna.

Also, since when is Midnights Taylor's peak?

Edited by Avariko

33 minutes ago, Daddy said:

Y'all only know 10 artists and it's exhausting.

I’m talking about female artists with massive commercial peaks.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Avariko said:

I've noticed the same and it is tiring indeed. I'm convinced that some of the girls straight up refuse to listen to anything that doesn't smash on the BB100 or whatever. Not to mention how dismissive of good music ATRL Can be just because it isn't 1. smashing and 2. not released by A-listers. :zzz:

OP: Gaga and Madonna.

Also, since when is Midnights Taylor's peak?

My other favs beside Gaga are Cupcakke and Rebecca Black, as well as Carly & Kylie. Smaller artists don’t have the massive peaks that this thread focuses on though. 

• Thanks 1

Out of those the best one is 21 followed by TFM :michael:

11 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

My other favs beside Gaga are Cupcakke and Rebecca Black, as well as Carly & Kylie. Smaller artists don’t have the massive peaks that this thread focuses on though. 

You real with the Rebecca Black stanning. Did her music really improve that much from "Friday" :eek:

• ATRL Moderator

Would 25 not be Adele’s peak? :skull: I feel like the massive success of 21 lead up to the peak of 25 

2 minutes ago, khalyan said:

Would 25 not be Adele’s peak? :skull: I feel like the massive success of 21 lead up to the peak of 25 

Nah, 21 was bigger by some 10M units. 25 just had better first-week sales.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.