• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GlamSlam

• Jjang

• kimbo

• LOTF

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Queen is above Madonna and Elton.

Out of Elton and Madonna I'm not sure who's got the upper hand though.

However those 3 are easily part of the top 5 biggest acts of ALL time so there's that 

• Haha 2

Elton recently had a worldwide hit song. The same cannot be said for Madonna.

Plus Elton has the highest grossing tour ever.

Edited by Assassin
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 4

Queen has proven to have a very resilient discography in the streaming era. They're pulling in more streams than even The Beatles and Michael Jackson.

Probably Queen

Most SPS, most remembered discography as well in terms of spotify despite not having recent collaborations with hit artists. 

Queen-19.6B 

Elton-11.6B 

Madonna-6.2B

The fact their tribute movie almost grossed a billion dollars is absolutely insane. 

All 3 are in the top ten biggest artists of all time though, so can’t really go wrong with any choice. 

Madonna. I doubt most people from my generation are super familiar with the catalogue of any of the three but we know Madonna the best (well me being a pop culture stan ofc I know Madonna’s whole discography in and out:jonny5:but you get the point).

1 minute ago, kimbo said:

Madonna. I doubt most people from my generation are super familiar with the catalogue of any of the three but we know Madonna the best (well me being a pop culture stan ofc I know Madonna’s whole discography in and out:jonny5:but you get the point).

Only gays are super familiar with Madonna's catalogue, rest of the GP are more familiar with Queen's (his film's success proves it) and Elton's who just had a huge hit recently.

• Like 4

Madonna had the most impressive career when all is taken into context. 

Queen has the most consumed catalog esp. post their retrospective acclaim throughout the years. 

I’d say Queen > Madonna > Elton. 

That being said, both Queen and Elton had significant boosts from their biopics. Madonna hadn’t had hers yet. In the streaming era daily consumption stats could literally all be flipped in a matter of days so really in the future we might have a post Madonna biopic catalog resurgence which could change everything. 

I think it is Queen. Queen is way more popular now than they were back them, so either them or Madonna. Miss Elton I don't know

Queen > Madonna > Elton

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Loco said:

Only gays are super familiar with Madonna's catalogue, rest of the GP are more familiar with Queen's (his film's success proves it) and Elton's who just had a huge hit recently.

I’d say people born in 2000s (what I meant by my generation) are definitely more familiar with Madonna than Elton or Queen, straight or gay. Even before I got into Pop Culture, and although I was born decades past all their peaks, Madonna’s music was always the more familiar to me as a kid, versus the 3 songs I knew from Elton or Queen growing up. And across all ages GP I’d still say Madonna but I’d agree they’re more close to each other and could understand people having different opinions.

• Thumbs Down 1

Queen has had one of the biggest lasting impacts of any artist, ever. 

So many classics, so many iconic albums, and so much appreciation among the GP. 

They WON I fear 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mr. Loco said:

Where did this narrative came from that only gays know Madonna? lmao...if Madonna was a gay act only she wouldn't be the most successful female act in history, period. She also wouldn't be able to fill stadiums like she does. (and if you ever go to a Madonna show you'll see there's a lot more than LGBT+ people in there)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Queen > Madonna > Elton

tbh t's impressive to me that Elton doubles Madonna on daily streams, even without that remix album with Cold Heart and HMC.

3 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

Where did this narrative came from that only gays know Madonna? lmao...if Madonna was a gay act only she wouldn't be the most successful female act in history, period. She also wouldn't be able to fill stadiums like she does. (and if you ever go to a Madonna show you'll see there's a lot more than LGBT+ people in there)

I think the GP is familiar with Madonna and her music. 

I think the GP prefers Queens music and the streams kind of prove that 

Queen duh 

23 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

I think the GP is familiar with Madonna and her music. 

I think the GP prefers Queens music and the streams kind of prove that 

Honestly i feel that male artists in general connect with the GP better than women unfortunately...Queen, Elton, Guns and Roses, most rock acts have multiple 1b songs at this point while legacy women...don't. 

Edited by tiagol88
  • Like 1

Madonna overall even though Queen as a meme act is more remembered by the basic GP nowadays.

• Haha 1

As of 2023 I would say Elton > queen > Madonna 

but when her biopic gets released I’m sure she will make it ahead of them 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.