Dua Lipa is the only new MPG who is ambitious, why?

k4rmabutterfly

Doja, SZA and Cardi already made us sure that their careers are not their priorities with their constant meltdowns.   

Olivia and Billie already achieved so much with their debuts, they are just chilling rn without caring too much about comercial success.

I feel like Dua is the only one who wants to on TOP. Why is that? 

Just now, shinri said:

I've expected a better thread from someone with Tiffany Young as pp :emofish:

We need her to comeback to music so I can promote her :emofish:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, shinri said:

I've expected a better thread from someone with Tiffany Young as pp :emofish:

:dies: 

2 minutes ago, k4rmabutterfly said:

We need her to comeback to music so I can promote her :emofish:

Waiting for yours "Tiffany might've dropped the best song in 20xx, why?", speaking it into the existence :biblionny: 

On a serious note, I always wonder how the being an immigrant / moving at such a young age impacted her drive and work ethic. I think she has put a lot of (overall good) pressure on herself to succeed and constantly churn out a lot of different projects.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Subversive said:

On a serious note, I always wonder how the being an immigrant / moving at such a young age impacted her drive and work ethic. I think she has put a lot of (overall good) pressure on herself to succeed and constantly churn out a lot of different projects.

Good point :clap3: I feel like her being from Europe also helps her (and her team) to see beyond the USA, which is an advantage for her. 

30 minutes ago, Subversive said:

No doubt it instilled a lot of gratitude and work ethic. You can tell she really loves her craft and is happy to have the career and fame that she has achieved, unlike say, Doja (who I love).

35 minutes ago, Subversive said:

I think its because she knows her sights are on cracking the U.S. full time and becoming a force domestically, add to her immigrant background and being an 'outsider' (European) who had to kick down doors just to make sure the U.S. didn't see her as a one hit/era wonder, I think that's why her drive is so high.

Compare that to Adele whom the U.S. basically co opted as their own from 21 onwards, Dua had to make herself known because her music was absolutely Euro-dance inspired. 

There is nothing worth being ambitious for. Awards have no prestige anymore. Charts are more a question of how much u pay for playlisting. Every who can do a stadium tour.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

I don’t want to compare the struggles of immigrants with those of black women in the US, but I will say that Dua herself hasn’t achieved the immediate “overnight” success that some of her peers have, and that there are doubts to some of her performance skills and artist merit that she seems to recognize and overcome. It’s sometimes easier to push forward when there are discernible and achievable goals ahead. 

15 minutes ago, Antikythera said:

There is nothing worth being ambitious for. Awards have no prestige anymore. Charts are more a question of how much u pay for playlisting. Every who can do a stadium tour.

Maybe, but Dua doesn’t seem to care about this :clap3: she wants the traditional pop star trajectory.

I don't think the other girls you listed aspire to be pop girls

2 hours ago, k4rmabutterfly said:

Maybe, but Dua doesn’t seem to care about this :clap3: she wants the traditional pop star trajectory.

she isn't American, so it is different. For the Americans show business is a given, the industry is much smaller let's say in the UK, so I get her wanting more and more, she has too if she wants to stay a worldwide popstar because the UK can be very bad to their girls.

2 hours ago, dumbsparce said:

It's easier to have time to be ambitious when everything else is planned out by others.

That's bullshit and pretty ignorant - maybe low-key sexist - tbh

Edited by ahauntingnearu

Is she still ambitious though? I think her team does a great job getting her together, marketing her well, making bops and putting them on the right playlists but honey she's just having a good azz time :laugh:

spacer.png

Because she wants to be  pop superstar. She wants to be like Britney, xtina, Rihanna, Madonna and Kylie Monigue are as pop royalty she wants to be seen as one of the greats. The other girls are willing to settle for less but Dua isn’t like that. She truly wants to create and empire and lane for herself. 

There are so many reasons most of our faves are lazy and borderline retired, but I will say this.  Most of our faves are SCARED of the studio because they don't want to make bad music.  There is immense pressure on our faves to deliver quality (unless you're Katy), and the fear of putting out mediocrity is very real.  Dua doesn't care, she understands that hard work is required to make something great, or at least look great, and the GP responds well to this.  She's also young and has more energy and things to prove than our older faves who are sort of just like... "I did that too when I was 22".

Edited by Archetype

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.