Which Avril Lavigne song could be considered one of her "signature songs"?

undermyskin

Which can be considered a more "signature song" by Avril Lavigne?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Which can be considered a more "signature song" by Avril Lavigne?

• My Happy Ending
    • What the Hell

My Happy Ending

What the Hell

1 minute ago, supertiffany said:

even her fans hate WTH hahahaha or is that GF

but MHE is that >>>>>

her fans hate it but it's a streaming classic and did way better than MHE 

Both songs can't be signature songs. MHE was a hit on the time, but no one remembers it. What The Hell was her releasing Girlfriend version 5 or 6. What The Hell is mashed together with Here to never Growing Up and the other flop she released before or after and also that other upbeat single from the Girlfriend album.

I re-thought: both of them can be signature because they represent Avril career and persona: try hard, fake, boring, re-packaged and never going to hit again.

• Thumbs Down 2

11 minutes ago, Antikythera said:

Both songs can't be signature songs. MHE was a hit on the time, but no one remembers it. What The Hell was her releasing Girlfriend version 5 or 6. What The Hell is mashed together with Here to never Growing Up and the other flop she released before or after and also that other upbeat single from the Girlfriend album.

I re-thought: both of them can be signature because they represent Avril career and persona: try hard, fake, boring, re-packaged and never going to hit again.

So which one do you think is her signature song

Complicated, Sk8er Boi, I’m With You and Girlfriend to a degree are her signature songs. 

1 minute ago, undermyskin said:

So which one do you think is her signature song

My Happing Ending can sound like a good time and funny, things she isn't. So, I guess "What The Hell" that most go with her attitude "Hello Kitty? What the hell, sounds good, lets do it!" "Dressing and acting like I am a permanent 13 years old? What the hell, why not!".

• Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, nostalgic said:

Neither of these. Complicated is her signature song.

I agree. My friend and I agreed Complicated, Sk8er Boi, I'm With You and Girlfriend are her signature hits. I said My Happy Ending as well, he argued WTH over My Happy Ending so I'm trying to see what the world has to say.

3 minutes ago, The Man Who said:

Complicated, Sk8er Boi, I’m With You and Girlfriend to a degree are her signature songs. 

I agree. I was in a conversation with my friend and we agreed upon that, I also mentioned that MHE was one of hers and he argued for WTH over MHE so I created a thread to see the opinions of other people.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, undermyskin said:

I agree. I was in a conversation with my friend and we agreed upon that, I also mentioned that MHE was one of hers and he argued for WTH over MHE so I created a thread to see the opinions of other people.

I love both WTH and MHE but I’m not sure if they’re signature songs. I’d say there’s more room to argue for MHE as WTH wasn’t as well known with the GP. I know most of my family will have never heard that song, but will be familiar with her classics. 

On 9/2/2023 at 6:16 PM, The Man Who said:

I disagree on I'm With You. I've never seen that song go viral before.

On 9/2/2023 at 6:18 PM, Antikythera said:

My Happing Ending can sound like a good time and funny, things she isn't. So, I guess "What The Hell" that most go with her attitude "Hello Kitty? What the hell, sounds good, lets do it!" "Dressing and acting like I am a permanent 13 years old? What the hell, why not!".

A permanent teenager? Like T-Swift?:toofunny2:

OT: Neither song is. MHE is just a fan favorite, and WTH was a cute TikTok moment.:gaycat:

Edited by HBK-79
  • Like 1

My Happy Ending

Girlfriend

S8ter boi

Complicated

My Happy Ending or Complicated

33 minutes ago, I54X said:

I do not know any of these songs and quite frankly have no idea who she is. 

:toofunny2:

ot: her signature song is Complicated imo

2 hours ago, HBK-79 said:

I disagree on I'm With You. I've never seen that song go viral before.

I don’t think a song has to go viral to be considered a classic. After all, something being popular online doesn’t always translate to it being known with the GP. 

I know all of my family know that song (which says a lot lol) and I’ve also seen it being performed on a variety of talent shows before. It’s definitely one of the songs that comes to mind when you think of Avril. 

• Like 1

On 9/2/2023 at 3:02 PM, supertiffany said:

even her fans hate WTH

Not this lie! It’s a straight bop! 

MHE is for sure her signature. It’s highly expected to be performed when she tours! 

Complicated is her signature song only. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.