Bigger at their peak: Britney Spears, Lady Gaga or Taylor Swift?

Wildcat

Blonde Icons  

419 members have voted

1. 1. Bigger commercial peak:

2. 2. Bigger cultural peak:

4 minutes ago, unclefloprry said:

acc to THAT site? how long? 2 years less? Ok it took Taylor 15 years surpass Britney's 5 year peak. :clap3:
acc to official certificacions? lmao maybe in 2027.

This could go other ways too. Taylor's earnings from March 2023 to August 2023 are more than Britney's lifetime networth (even if she was paid properly)

Edited by Saintlor

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raspberries

• EmailMySwift

• Avenger

• Badgalbriel

Gaga and Taylor debuted around the same time, she absolutely cleared her in every way that someone can be cleared, please stop the nonsense. :ahh: 

Britney for all :gaycat2: During her peak she was literally everywhere, plus you simply can't deny her impact on other girlies :gaycat: 

• Thanks 6
  • Confused 1

Taylor commercially, Britney culturally. 

Gaga's peak was still VERY huge tho. 

I don’t know much about Taylor but I think Britney was everywhere in the late 90s/early 2000s. Like people were dressing up in her school girl outfit for Halloween and everyone knew her songs. I don’t hear about Taylor unless I come in this site. :deadbanana2: It feels like the GP knows who she is for everything but her music. 

Edited by Onyxmage

Taylor>Britney=Gaga

But those are 3 out of the 4 biggest peaks of recent times. We don't have to define which one is bigger cause they were all huge. Of course Taylor is more impressive cause she's the only one of those that actually had a career outside of their peak eras. 

22 minutes ago, Onyxmage said:

I don’t know much about Taylor but I think Britney was everywhere in the late 90s/early 2000s. Like people were dressing up in her school girl outfit for Halloween and everyone knew her songs. I don’t hear about Taylor unless I come in this site. :deadbanana2: It feels like the GP knows who she is for everything but her music. 

She's literally the most consumed artist of current times. If they don't know her music, then they don't know any music at all. 

4 hours ago, Ramirodri said:

i've lived all 3

there was a thing called television, no trends, britney was there everything everywhere all at once. she is the 2000s.

gaga was really great too. her youtube's videos were massive. she was really different from everything. obama. we can understand if someone chooses her.

taylor is a commercial miracle. but it's other times, really hard to dominate cultural industry as was in britney's era. it's niche. i can go weeks without listening to any taylor anywhere. not the same with britney and gaga's ages.

you said it best

Taylor has the biggest commercial peak. 

Britney has the more cultural peak. 1999-2007 Britney is unmatched 

Taylor commercially, she’s on Mj level honestly, she will be the most successful artist all time

But Britney was still more famous and still had more impact influence. Her peak was still bigger

I think Taylor will eventually pass her, her next albums are going to be insanely big and at some point she will have more cultural impact that anyone in history is she keeps like this

6 hours ago, Klein said:

Commercially, it's definitely Taylor. She's moving more units than the other two ever could and is having the biggest tour in history. 

Culturally, I'd give it to Gaga. The end of monoculture inevitably prevents Taylor from having the same reach (though she pretty much maxed out what can be reached in the current era), and I didn't really experience Britney's peak so I might not really fathom the heights it went to. 

I feel For you….it was EVERYTHING :WAP:

:rip:

Taylor's album sold 1.5M first week, hasn't left the top 10 since release, obliterated almost every streaming record, occupied the entire hot 100 top 10, got her entire discography smashing, embarked on the highest grossing tour of all time and is about to turn it into a box office hit all in the past year alone and with her 10th studio album. The only people that think this is remotely comparable to a flashy new artist that's tabloid/goggle search fodder are geriatric gays who can't let go of the past

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

3 are all massive in their respective ways but I have to give it to Ms. Spears. She has both at her peak, everyone were perched for her. 

• Like 1

Taylor, Gaga and Britney all hit insane commercial + cultural peaks now but one thing that sets Taylor apart is she's doing this while being seen, treated and respected as an actual musician. People are flocking partly bc its her and also another portion is her music, the other 2 almost definitely did not have that aside from 2-3 singles.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Badgalbriel said:

She's literally the most consumed artist of current times. If they don't know her music, then they don't know any music at all. 

Well I dont live in Texas or Alabama so maybe that has something to do with it. :cm:

3 minutes ago, Onyxmage said:

Well I dont live in Texas or Alabama so maybe that has something to do with it. :cm:

And you clearly don't live anywhere on earth, for sure. 

4 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

And you clearly don't live anywhere on earth, for sure. 

I live in Southern California. :dies: Like you really think people be blasting her music out here in these streets? :ahh:

Just now, Onyxmage said:

I live in Southern California. :dies: Like you really think people be blasting her music out here in these streets? :ahh:

Thank God they don't. Imagine listening to music out loud. :biblio:

• Like 1

Peaks:

Britney > Taylor > Gaga

Overall:

Taylor > Gaga > Britney

16 minutes ago, Onyxmage said:

I live in a red state and I can confirm that her music isn’t as ubiquitous as Gaga at her peak or any other pop star. But to be fair Love Story and You Belong With Me were colossal 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

Taylor, Gaga and Britney all hit insane commercial + cultural peaks now but one thing that sets Taylor apart is she's doing this while being seen, treated and respected as an actual musician. People are flocking partly bc its her and also another portion is her music, the other 2 almost definitely did not have that aside from 2-3 singles.

How is Gaga not seen as an “actual musician”? Please be serious

Nobody over the age of 25 sees Taylor as some artistic genius. She’s  respected for her business savvy, but most music fans find her corny

Edited by barbiegrande
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ramirodri said:

i've lived all 3

there was a thing called television, no trends, britney was there everything everywhere all at once. she is the 2000s.

gaga was really great too. her youtube's videos were massive. she was really different from everything. obama. we can understand if someone chooses her.

taylor is a commercial miracle. but it's other times, really hard to dominate cultural industry as was in britney's era. it's niche. i can go weeks without listening to any taylor anywhere. not the same with britney and gaga's ages.

Wouldn’t it be more impressive to be as ubiquitous as Taylor in an era where it *is* easy to avoid things you don’t like? If my corporate overlords give me no choice but to listen to someone back in the early aughts because what determined that was label money, then of course they’ll be hard to escape

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.