YouTube Music adds comments section. Mess incoming? New industry standard?

SoldierofLove

Until now, YouTube Music was safe from the YouTube comments feature. Will this social engagement feature allow YouTube to snatch users from the other services? Will Spotify et al add a comments feature in the near future?

spacer.png

spacer.png

Ewww. :rip: This is not aesthetically pleasing. 

• Like 1

Idk but Spotify should add the friend activity to mobile app already.

They also should add an Instagram connection instead of Facebook for activity.

I feel like part of the streaming experience Is that you only listen to music. Like you made with your CDs or musicassettes or vinyls before.

The fact you can comment or read comments It's changing the experience, making It like more a social media experience than listening to music experience (what is a streaming platform experience).

So yeah i don't like and i wouldn't use It. I don't want to read the same kind of comments i already read everywhere even there :bird:

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

I feel like part of the streaming experience Is that you only listen to music. The fact you can comment or read comments It's changing the experience, making It like more a social media experience than listening to music experience

[2]

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, lacy said:

No thank you youtube, I'd rather hear what the 30 year old gays on ATRL have to say about this song

Was this a self read?

Aren't they just showing the comments already being made on the YouTube app? Originally YouTube official music audios didn't allow the comment feature, until ~2018, but it wasn't available for the YT Music app. I'm guessing just the way you can choose to see the official video of the songs, now you can also see the comments made on them

with this feature and real time lyrics available now, youtube music is now confirmed the best music streaming app :clap3:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Onyxmage said:

Was this a self read?

I'm 21 I fear, but it wasn't shade, I genuinely do love it :heart:

• Confused 1

Comments have been available for a long time now (I think almost a year)

I mean they have comments on videos so why not

1 hour ago, lacy said:

I would like to see the birth certificate. Where were you on September 11, 2001? :giraffe:

• Haha 4

Who tf is there to read comments on YT music when that’s for YT? People use YT music to play music in the background to whatever they’re doing :rip:

Wait I didn't know this. The app is still perfectly working so I don't mind that I guess.

8 hours ago, Onyxmage said:

I would like to see the birth certificate. Where were you on September 11, 2001? :giraffe:

I was in my mothers belly, I was born about 3 months later :kitty:

12 hours ago, lacy said:

Lmao I'm 23 and I know exactly what you mean

ty ATRL w/ feeding me lingo that doesn't really work elsewhere but still makes me feel like the funniest homophobe alive :heart:

Sometimes there are very insightful comments about the meaning of the song and I love that

tumblr_nnadf7c6ri1ryqmu3o1_500.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.