Which is the better album: B'Day, Beyonce or 4?

DR0GO

Which is the better album: B'Day, Beyonce or 4?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the better album: B'Day, Beyonce or 4?

• B'Day
    • Beyonce
  2. 2. Which is YOUR FAVORITE album: B'Day, Beyonce or 4?

• B'Day
    • Beyonce

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Now that Renaissance has been out for over a year, the consensus seems to be the it and Lemonade are Beyonce's strongest bodies of work, both among her fanbase and the general public.

Which of these 3 albums would you say deserves a spot in Beyonce's holy trinity? While ST is the most critically acclaimed of the bunch, the love and praise the other two records get is immense (including from Beyonce her self, saying "4" was her favorite album).

Which of these 3 is the stronger album?

spacer.png

Edited by DR0GO

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DR0GO

• mons†er

• Jai

• smoore95GAGA

Top Posters In This Topic

1. BEYONCÉ

2. 4

5/6. Bidet

Spoiler

:fan:

• Thumbs Down 1

Beyonce > B'Day (Standard) > 4

Beyonce > 4 > B'day (Deluxe)

I never understood the distinction between better album and favorite album. If it's my favorite album then it's also the better album for me

• Thanks 1

Only one of these albums has Haunted which is her best song. So that one. :gaycat4:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

B'Day is WAY too disrespected considering it shares being her most evergreen/highest replay value + most spotless record with Rennie.

SaBLg1x.thumb.gif.461794c2876717df37bf9f

• Like 1

based on ammount of skips from me: 4 > B'Day > BEYONCÉ

Self titled clears. 4 is a great album but can't stack up track for track. B'Day is good as far as early Beyonce goes but is not a super strong album overall (I'd say it's good, not outstanding). That is if we're talking the standard edition...the deluxe edition takes it from a good record to a really painfully mediocre one because all of those deluxe tracks except Beautiful Liar are giant shoulder shrugs of songs. 

• Like 1

I don't understand why the poll has the same question twice

• Thanks 1

spacer.png

Periodt.

• Like 1

ST > 4 > B’Day

all 3 are classics tho 

B'Day > 4 > Self-Titled. 

The 'B'Day' slander has to stop. That album is her magnum opus.

CxSy-v.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Galaxy said:

I never understood the distinction between better album and favorite album. If it's my favorite album then it's also the better album for me

some people tend to be a lot more open-minded and unbiased. 

ex: Album 'A' is my favorite but Album 'B' has better material and a better album overall. 

• Confused 1

4 is my fave album of Bey, one of my fave albums of all time even. B'day comes next, then I'll go with ST. I don't vibe with every song on that album.

It goes:

B'Day
>
Beyoncé
>
>

>

B'Day is just that girl, she was the first visual album in her discography, has a crazy energy maintained basically till the end, has so many fan-favourites and is basically the blueprint of the Beyoncé sonic DNA: sassy, brassy, feminist, crazy in love, crazy out of love. And the fact that it's a concept album about what she wished Deena Jones would have said in the film... it's a yes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Galaxy said:

1 hour ago, rihannafan said:

I don't understand why the poll has the same question twice

THANK YOU!! I just wanted to write that. Like, taste is subjective. Being objective isn't possible when it comes to defining what's ''better''.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.