will Post Malone get Katy Perry'd by the Grammys?

tili33

will Post Malone get Katy Perry'd by the Grammys?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. will Post Malone get Katy Perry'd by the Grammys?

• yes
    • no

massive hits no wins and now with a commercial decline... will he win a Grammy in the next 5 years? what do you think?

Grammy Awards 2019 Beerbongs & Bentleys Album of the Year Nominated [26]
"Rockstar" (featuring 21 Savage) Record of the Year Nominated
Best Rap/Sung Performance Nominated
"Better Now" Best Pop Solo Performance Nominated
2020 "Sunflower" (with Swae Lee) Record of the Year Nominated [27]
Best Pop Duo/Group Performance Nominated
2021 Hollywood's Bleeding Album of the Year Nominated [28]
"Circles" Record of the Year Nominated
Song of the Year Nominated
2023 "I Like You (A Happier Song)" (with Doja Cat) Best Pop Duo/Group Performance Nominated

2009 "I Kissed a Girl" Best Female Pop Vocal Performance Nominated [45]
2010 "Hot n Cold" Nominated [46]
2011 "Teenage Dream" Nominated [47]
Teenage Dream Album of the Year Nominated
Best Pop Vocal Album Nominated
"California Gurls" Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals Nominated
2012 "Firework" Record of the Year Nominated [48]
Best Pop Solo Performance Nominated
2013 "Wide Awake" Nominated [49]
2014 "Roar" Nominated [50]
Song of the Year Nominated
2015 "Dark Horse" Best Pop Duo/Group Performance Nominated [51]
Prism Best Pop Vocal Album

Yes, they both always deliver great singles and mediocre albums overall so that’s a fair comparison

• Like 1

Given that the 2021 Grammys spread out their winners and he still went home empty handed, yes. Not only that but they literally only invited those that were nominated since it was still during the Pandemic era without vaccines. So the fact that he was invited and then went on to see basically everyone else but him win, yeah, he's basically already there. 

8 minutes ago, sunbathinganimal said:

you mean deservedly not win one?

Sunflower and Circles both were deserving of something. Not saying they necessarily should've beat what eventually beat them, but I am saying the were both Grammy worthy. I cannot say the same about Katy's. 

• Thumbs Down 2

Will? He already got katy perry’d in every aspect

always has been, otherwise he would've had won one by now

Idk because a year ago ATRL would have laughed if you said Kim Petras would win a Grammy in 2023 so anything is possible

Yes, but don't count him out yet. He could easily get a genre category win since he has more crossover appeal, having had hits in pop, hiphop, and r&b. He also consistently puts out features so maybe a pairing with a Grammy darling could win him a trophy in the future.

Katy's only chance is in the pop category and she hasn't been nominated in nearly 10 years so I don't see it for her. The fact that the Grammy's could've thrown her a pity 'Best Music Video' Grammy several times and never did shows how much they hate her.

He is vastly deserving of one, but I wouldn't be surprised if he never ended up with one. These awards felloof.

I feel that they're similar in that many of their General Field Grammy nominations were due to the existence of Blue Ribbon panels as opposed to getting in on a straight vote, so it led people to think that there was more passion for the artists by Grammy voters than there actually ever was. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.