France to ban abayas from schools

LookinAssHittas

Maybe the garment itself isn't directly related to that disgusting religion but it was still created to oppress women. The same way we are self-re-educating the west to identify misogyny we also should identify it elsewhere. The islamophobia excuse has run its course, I fear! 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 5

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IBeMe

• Käärijä

• ctlp27

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

Europe try not to “bbbbut America bad!” whenever your racism is brought up challenge (failed)

I'm American. :rip:

What if a non-Muslim student wears a long sleeved, loose fitting maxi dress, that’s not a problem I’d assume :skull:

14 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

They can't discriminate only one religion while supporting another. 

There's a law since 2004 that banned crosses and also jewish symbols. Nice try spreading fake information! 

52 minutes ago, Windy Day said:

you can't enter school if you're wearing a cross necklass. france is very strict when it comes to that kind of thing. hope it helps xx

It’s prohibited doesn’t mean people don’t wear it 

it’s funny how France oppress Muslim WOMEN, like we all know France is anti-Islam but most of time women are targeted 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gesamtkunstwerk said:

What if a non-Muslim student wears a long sleeved, loose fitting maxi dress, that’s not a problem I’d assume :skull:

I guess that a tribunal will decide if that person decided to wear it for fashion purposes of religious beliefs. However this is where it gets tricky bc this piece of clothing isn't directly related to religion. 

Just now, Dialamba said:

It’s prohibited doesn’t mean people don’t wear it 

it’s funny how France oppress Muslim WOMEN, like we all know France is anti-Islam but most of time women are targeted 

I think its even funnier how you think that banning a sexist clothing item hurts women. Do you ever stop to think before posting? :rip:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

But muslims swore by « their country, their rules » when it came down to anti-LGBTQ laws in the middle-east and asia :celestial5:

Why are they furious at this ? Their county their rules also :chick2:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 4

Just now, Käärijä said:

I think its even funnier how you think that banning a sexist clothing item hurts women. Do you ever stop to think before posting? :rip:

So women choosing to wear a piece of clothing in a FREE country is sexiest :bibliahh: 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Dialamba said:

So women choosing to wear a piece of clothing in a FREE country is sexiest :bibliahh: 

Yes bc we all know that women choose freely to wear something that ties them to men and that was invented to make them much more of an object rather than a being with the same rights as a man. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Just now, Käärijä said:

Yes bc we all know that women choose freely to wear something that ties them to men and that was invented to make them much more of an object rather than a being with the same rights as a man. 

So your point is yes!! You should ban it because it’s sexiest !!! But the government has the right to tell women how they should dress themselves!!! Making sense. Anyway I don’t want to spread on the subject more. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

22 minutes ago, Käärijä said:

There's a law since 2004 that banned crosses and also jewish symbols. Nice try spreading fake information! 

When, then I'm all for it. Ban anything religion-related, including this abaya thing. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

This is ridiculous. I understand schools having a dress code but why on Earth does this need to be legislated? Imagine if the government issued a ban on makeup and piercings in schools :rip: Surely the department of education has more important things to be worrying about?

4 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

So your point is yes!! You should ban it because it’s sexiest !!! But the government has the right to tell women how they should dress themselves!!! Making sense. Anyway I don’t want to spread on the subject more. 

I hope you're joking cause :rip:

24 minutes ago, OmegaRidley said:

But muslims swore by « their country, their rules » when it came down to anti-LGBTQ laws in the middle-east and asia :celestial5:

Why are they furious at this ? Their county their rules also :chick2:

This take is not it and it's not the gotcha moment you want it to be. One side is oppressing **** and the other one is deciding what girls should and should not wear. Yay women rights! I guess.

OT: France remains trash. Not surprised. 

Edited by State of Grace.
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, Käärijä said:

The abaya was not invented to oppress women. Middle Eastern men basically wore the same thing :deadbanana2:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thawb

Of course it’s sexist if women and girls are forced to wear it, but modern abayas are very fashionable. You shouldn’t assume that every girl who wears an abaya is oppressed.

Edited by JoJo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, ctlp27 said:

Apparently from social influencer or anonymous accounts indicating how to bypass the ban : source 1 and source 2

From a cultural and legal standpoint making a grander argument of an indoctrination scheme off just these accounts is really weak.

Even just from a cynical political standpoint from the far-right.

There'd have to be better tracking and linking of their influence to said communities. Until that's fleshed out this doesn't help their argument.

I appreciate your links here and I'll do some further digging.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Any religion should be discriminated in a civilized society. But they have to decide how they want to do it. They can't discriminate only one religion while supporting another. 

I'm all for them prohibiting this if they also prohibit anything catholic-related. 

Yeah this is mostly 100% What I think

There is no space for an archaic religion of any type in any advanced society 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, Keter said:

I personally don’t see a problem with France setting certain rules for itself as a sovereign state. I would also expect respect to be shown to style of dress requirements in a place like Saudi Arabia, etc. 

personally I think restrictive laws are inherently bad regardless of who enforces them 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Käärijä said:

Case closed then. If it applied to other religions, it should be applied to muslims as well. They can wear it at home/elsewhere. :michael:

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

This take is not it and it's not the gotcha moment you want it to be. One side is oppressing **** and the other one is deciding what girls should and should not wear. Yay women rights! I guess.

OT: France remains trash. Not surprised. 

Yes, one side is beheading people who don't obey their rules, the other isn't :clap3:Yay human rights! I guess.

• Like 8
  • Thumbs Down 1

Usually even when I don’t agree, I see the (usually faulty) logic behind banning clothing or cultural elements.. but literally what is the point of this? It’s just pissing people off for a non-religious, harmless choice of clothing.

10 minutes ago, Talento said:

Yes, one side is beheading people who don't obey their rules, the other isn't :clap3:Yay human rights! I guess.

That doesn’t actually happen. When it did it was due to major terrorist groups killing MIDDLE EASTERN MUSLIMS themselves. ISIS and other terror groups #1 targets were muslims themselves…which shows it was never religious but more political. 99% of Muslim countries don’t do these insane punishments you guys keep saying. Though too many STILL have horrible bans and archaic rules placed on women or LGBTQ+ people of course. But things are getting a little better in that regard (especially women rights). You can go to any North African Muslim country and see women dressed however they like. The LGBT topic is still taboo but I guess it will also progress eventually. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.