Is Lover having no #1s the universe's way of punishing Taylor for releasing ME?

naval23

Which one?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Is Lover having no #1 the universe making Taylor pay for her sins by releasing ME! as a lead?

• Yes - the universe never forgets or forgives that easily
    • No - Lover is an excellent album and Taylor just got bad luck

Lover era:

ME! (#2)

You Need to Calm Down (#2)

Lover (#10)

Cruel Summer (#3) 

Meanwhile, 4 albums since including Red (Taylor's Version), evermore, folklore and Midnights all snatched #1s with All Too Well, willow, cardigan and Anti-Hero.

Cruel Summer looked like it was going to break the "Lover" curse and become a #1 once they released it as a Summer single. But Summer is almost over and it is peaking in points. 

Is the universe still making Taylor pay for her sins of releasing ME! as lead single of the Lover era?

Edited by naval23
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I wouldn’t celebrate so soon! Taylor still has the Sabrina Carpenter remix in her bag!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Taylor fanboy said:

I wouldn’t celebrate so soon! Taylor still has the Sabrina Carpenter remix in her bag!

I hope Cruel Summer can make it - it really looked like it would a month ago.

I'm going to scream if it peaks at #2 too though bc Lover having 3 #2 singles would just be :rip:

Honestly if the GP was going to make any track on that album a smash hit the title track would have been it. :emofish:

1 minute ago, naval23 said:

Lover having 3 #2 singles would just be…

Symphony to my ears! :smitten:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Century said:

Honestly if the GP was going to make any track on that album a smash hit the title track would have been it. :emofish:

Lover is actually 5x plat already and it does great recurrent 

So it's actually a big hit 

CS is doing great and gonna become one of Taylor's biggest hit if trajectory continues

Me and YNTCD are just embarrassing 

4 minutes ago, naval23 said:

I hope Cruel Summer can make it - it really looked like it would a month ago.

I'm going to scream if it peaks at #2 too though bc Lover having 3 #2 singles would just be :rip:

Would three #2s from the same era be a record? :dies:

8 minutes ago, truthteller said:

She needs to give CS whatever treatment she gave to Anti Hero, Cardigan and Willow. :giraffe:

it's not the song's first week tho so.

anyway, taylor not making an effort is more like her way of punishing for not letting me go #1.

Voted No by mistake. But yes Loser is a horrible album and doesn't deserve this success. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Galaxy said:

Would three #2s from the same era be a record? :dies:

I think so lmao. Queen of breaking (the wrong) records

• Like 1

It’s because Karma is her boyfriend 

she called that album lover and then dumped her lover 

Nah, Taylor is mad that she is forced to hate ME!th which is her real favourite song on the album and thus don’t want to do something for Cruel Summer to go #1

• Haha 1

It’s karma for the swifties not her

CS deserves #1 but the rest got what they deserved. It's good as I think this is what made her challenge herself and put out the two best albums of her career. 

Maybe we shouldn’t have bullied her into removing “spelling is fun” from ME! She knows our hatred for ME! so much so that she have not performed me on the eras tour at all, despite it being her “huge lead comeback single from the new record label” lol. Thankfully folklore happened and she won back the goodwill of the public. 

yes. i don't know what was going through her head when she released ME!. I honestly don't get why no one in her team told her it sucked, and why her label even allowed her to release that as her comeback single when there are far better tracks on Lover. 

3 minutes ago, thetea said:

yes. i don't know what was going through her head when she released ME!. I honestly don't get why no one in her team told her it sucked, and why her label even allowed her to release that as her comeback single when there are far better tracks on Lover. 

They had just signed Taylor Swift, do you think they would have started things by forbidding her to release what she wants? Especially with the BM/masters mess? :rip: 

Sadly yes. It's what she deserves for letting ME! and YNTCD led the promo campaign. Cruel Summer should've been the lead and followed by Lover

2 minutes ago, Squall said:

They had just signed Taylor Swift, do you think they would have started things by forbidding her to release what she wants? Especially with the BM/masters mess? :rip: 

girl, it's not that deep. but surely they could've suggested another single, it's her worst single she's released. it's truly serving nursery / kids bop vibes

Just now, thetea said:

girl, it's not that deep. but surely they could've suggested another single, it's her worst single she's released. it's truly serving nursery / kids bop vibes

Well, you said you don’t understand how they allowed her to release this. Of course they could have shared their feelings towards it but still, in the end they probably just didn’t want to mess up with her (or they liked the song?).

It is karma for that album cover and the existence of ME! and You Need to Calm Down.

• Thanks 1

Yes. IT nearly ended her career, and for good reason. It's just such a huge outlier for someone as usually savvy as her 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

yes.

ME!th is one of the worst songs ever.

also don't count CS yet, it can top the chart in one of the slower weeks or when taylor actually decides to do sth, like a tour video or acapella version or anything..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.