Disney has no money to release 100% completed show, now selling it to other studios

Psylocke

Maybe they could try not creating  Marvel TV shows that nobody asked for.  :heart:

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Disney is swimming in cash at the moment

Maybe they want to get rid of projects that are not worth the time and effort to focus on more expensive ones 

• Like 4

Is there anyone Who pays for Disney plus? Every Person i know has It for free cause they have a subscribtion to another service (including myself). 

5 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Is there anyone Who pays for Disney plus? Every Person i know has It for free cause they have a subscribtion to another service (including myself). 

I do :emofish:

I never understood how making it 100% and nit releasing it makes sense :ghostface: how is the release cost that high? More than production??? Same thing with Batgirl? I just dont get it

• Like 1

"Due to cost-cutting reasons" I wouldn't immediately take as them having no money. Disney and all their sub-divisions give them a lot of financial freedom and leniency to be able to put this out if they wanted to.

I read this as they're more concerned the profit margin on it being a D+ release is going to be too low, they'll probably try and break even by selling it to another studio at a price they comfortably feel matches what they put into it, and also ask for a cut of shares based on how well the project does at another studio to make up for what they fear they're going to lose putting it out on their platform.

And if no one bites I guess this'll just fade into a realm of being unreleased. Which is a shame since a Spiderwick show would have been cool, but it's also I think more on the niche side of things, so probably explains Disney's decision on this.

Netflix should snatch it up. It would be a hit for them.

• Like 2

well ig that's better than zaslav erasing the existence of completed projects for tax purposes

• Like 1

Seeing them struggles brings such a joy to my heart. I hope they continue failing their way into bankruptcy within the next 10 years. The GP are saying no to those Marvel shows, shitty live actions, and their try-hard woke animations.

• Like 7
  • Thumbs Down 7

Hundreds of billions of dollars is the same as "no money", i guess. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Disney has BILLIONS of dollars to spend. The ****?! :ahh:

47 minutes ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

I never understood how making it 100% and nit releasing it makes sense :ghostface: how is the release cost that high? More than production??? Same thing with Batgirl? I just dont get it

They haven't made it. Paramount made it for them and they were meant to air it (buy it from Paramount) but last minute they decided they can't afford it so Paramount will try to sell it to somebody else now.

"Can't afford it" = they have limited amount of money (like we all) and they chose to allocate it to projects that could generate more viewership. Not that they literally cannot pay for it

Batgirl on the other hand :deadbanana2: It was just creative accounting. Warner was merging, they needed to take a hit so that pre/post merger comparison would look better and justify the decision

Edited by aaron511

55 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

I extended my yearly subscription 2 months ago and I wish I didn't after watching Secret Invasion :rip:

going back to p*rating next year :fan:

THERE IS A SPIDERWICK REBOOT?!!!!!!

What the **** I didn't even know :biblio:

Dude the field guide was my gateway to fantasy. 

71favldQHIL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

These creatures live rent free in my mind. 

1 hour ago, vale9001 said:

My boyfriend got six month free of charge from his cable company and we stopped using it after 3 days :rip:

Nothing to watch or nothing worth to watch

• Like 1

Maybe they should charge more on Disneyland :swan:

“Has no money” Y’all need a crash course on business administration lol

• Like 2

Disney having no money? :eli:

2 hours ago, vale9001 said:

Nnn I pay for the annual subscription :skull:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.