Is P!nk over charts wise?

Dom

?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. ?

P!nk has been going hard for years now and getting a hit from time to time, but ever since streaming era came none of her singles chart well.

her last hit was What About Us, and that is outside USA.

do we think P!nk will ever score another hit, or is she over and will remain only touring act?

Cover me in sunshine was a hit and Trustfall was a moderate hit

• Like 2

Yeah, but it’s okay. She outlasted 90%+of the artists from her generation, and she’ll still be making fat $$$ touring 

I think she will surge again of course if she is asked and accepts doing the Super Bowl. Her entire catalog will get a boost and if she is smart, she would put debut a new single/album right after. She still has potential. 

Trustfall did quite decently for her gen. I think only Bey and Shakira are bigger in chart performance from that gen

• Like 1

She’s over with music. She stopped growing for over a decade now. :celestial5:

Yes, despite her touring power, her new music failed to make people interested. TTAL remains her last success.

In the US? Yes

WW she randomly scores hits here and there. I think Trustfall did ok and CMIS and Walk Me Home were decent sized hits too.

Not that it matters though. Up until Beautiful Trauma, every era of hers has been successful sans maybe Try This which still sold ~2.5M worldwide i think.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

In the US definitely. In my country she still has gotten some hits since WAU. They still love her a lot and I see her getting more hits in the future.

What About Us: #2

A Million Dreams: #6

Walk Me Home : #15

Cover Me In Sunshine: #6

Never Gonna Not Dance Again: #4

Trustfall: #7

if u look at Trustfall peaks they’re respectable.

shes over for the most part but definitely still possible to get another hit, i wouldn’t rule her out.

Charts in the US? Maybe, she has gotten random hits in many other countries since What About Us tho

Even in the US she got the One Too Many country collab that charted for 34 weeks in 2021 and Walk Me Home charted for 20 weeks in 2019 so it's too soon to count her out yet

By herself, she seems to be over getting hits with hard work, and she'd rather earn hundreds of millions on tour, but she could snatch a tiktok viral moment or a successful collab at any time

Probably 

she needs to release that GH vol 2and promote that hard and she can get another multi platinum album 

1 hour ago, blown away said:

In the US definitely. In my country she still has gotten some hits since WAU. They still love her a lot and I see her getting more hits in the future.

What About Us: #2

A Million Dreams: #6

Walk Me Home : #15

Cover Me In Sunshine: #6

Never Gonna Not Dance Again: #4

Trustfall: #7

Trustfall smash era :clap3: 

On the charts, yes. However, She’s flying over my head in a harness belting as I type this 

she's still charting top 10 in random countries so no I guess.

if this is the case (not all charts are the same but charting is charting I suppose) then all of our older faves are safe as well  :cm:

If she comes back with the right love ballad I feel like it could do well even on streaming and radio would welcome her back with opens arms. But until then, yes. 

Kinda. She's been pandering to white suburban moms for almost a decade now. But I believe she can still put out great music if she wanted to.

She has one hit ballad left in her for sure. She's just been releasing the wrong stuff. Like, no one wants synth-pop from P!nk and no one wants leftover music from the 2015 Trolls soundtrack from anyone. We want "Who Knew"

3 hours ago, blueberries said:

Cover me in sunshine was a hit

I still remember being absolutely floored her label didn't push that to US radio. All labels are clueless at this point, but most of them still have the reflex to push whatever song the public chooses. In that case, they flat out said nah, we'll sit this one out. And she ended up with a #74-peaking lead single instead

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.