Hilary Duff - Metamorphosis | Turns 20

naval23

This absolute classic - the debut album by singer and actress Hilary Duff, when she was just 16 years old.

It was a mega success - debuting at #2 and ascending to #1 the following week on the Billboard 200 and ended up selling 4 million in the USA alone, and was the 8th biggest seller of 2003 despite being released in August.

It was certified Platinum in Australia and 4x platinum in Canada.

Singles included Why Not, So Yesterday and Come Clean

• Like 1

It baffles me how she was only 15 when the album was released, she seemed so aware of everything. Legendary debut.

Legendary debut :alexz:

Please acknowledge Come Clean and make it a viral autumn classic!

• Like 1

Insane Debut album. Not only was it massive and Jumpstarted a new Era of Teen Pop Disney Princesses. But it also was just good music. Especially for the time when pop rock was reaching peak mainstream status. :jonny6:

Why Not and Come Clean are still my faves. Anywhere but here is also a Gem cuz it reminds me so much of early 2000’s teen movies and Suburbia. Little  voice and Working it out are still fun bops, and Metamorphosis (song) was a precursor to Dignity. Ugh, I miss songs like this

• Like 1

Is this album any good outside of the singles? I love Come Clean, So Yesterday, and the title track but haven’t really been a big fan of anything else I’ve heard. 

48 minutes ago, BraveNewSeth said:

Is this album any good outside of the singles? I love Come Clean, So Yesterday, and the title track but haven’t really been a big fan of anything else I’ve heard. 

Sweet Sixteen is MTV classic.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, BraveNewSeth said:

Anywhere But Here is beautiful. Metamorphosis is great. I’m waiting for it to go viral with a make up transformation video. It also has Where Did I go Right? and Love Just Is

Ah and it has Why Not! 

Edited by PieceBy

1 hour ago, Fastlane said:

After 20 years I've found that "Anywhere But Here" has an official music video. :eek:

Yeah it’s a performance video, it’s not the same version as the album one. There’s also an acoustic come clean video (MV). They both are part of the Hilary Duff All Access Pass DVD. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, godmess said:

We need an expanded version with now you know and crash world :jonny6:

Those + (I’ll give) anything but Up belong to the self-titled album. We need European and Australian version combined on Spotify with girl can rock & a day in the sun. They could add the performance version of anywhere but here and come clean acoustic as bonus tracks. 

• Like 1

This is a solid debut album from a Disney teen superstar. 

A blueprint for the next Disney pop stars. 

Excuse me but this was her debut album

Hilary_Duff_-_Santa_Claus_Lane.png

Metamorphosis is iconic though, of course. 

12 minutes ago, prettyinpink940 said:

Excuse me but this was her debut album

Hilary_Duff_-_Santa_Claus_Lane.png

Metamorphosis is iconic though, of course. 

i refuse to count a Xmas album!

BEST album of all time, and I dare anyone to propose any other contender. 

:alexz:

7 hours ago, Fastlane said:

After 20 years I've found that "Anywhere But Here" has an official music video. :eek:

wtf :deadbanana2: i had no idea of this :dies: its giving very “Raise Your Voice” :deadbanana2:

Iconic masterpiece. Wish she could do something to celebrate it. Maybe a Hilary's Version? :p

just realized that it's now been the same amount of time since BIBO was released, as the amount of time in between Dignity and BIBO....and we thought THAT was a grueling wait :rip:

The way she had me in a chokehold with the 1, 2 punch of Why Not and So Yesterday. I didn't want to admit I liked a Disney stars music back then at 12, but Miss Duff had me hooked and secretly bopping :katie2:

Not even an Instagram post... sis is dead

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.