Oliver Anthony deserves an apology from ATRL?

Carrie-is-no-1

Many leftist gays on this site love to frame all male country artists under one chauvinistic, racist and homophobic bucket. Bro literally came out and said this song is about all politicians and scoffed at the conservatives for using his song. 

it’s also a reminder that being too far on either left or right serve you no good as it clouded your judgement. 

now, go stream Zach Bryan’s new album.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 8

The song isn't good regardless of who he targeted it too. 

2 minutes ago, MusicLoverDude said:

I think they mean assuming he’s racist

yes, he's itching at his gay neck waiting for esteemed pop forum ATRL's apology.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Atrl being delulu thinking this website is that relevant. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

um

doesn’t he like literally have antisemitic conspiracy videos on his YouTube playlists or something tho

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The song has a good message people are overreacting cause he fits a stereotypical MAGA. It's better than the Try that in a small town trash

Edited by punisher
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Cruel Summer said:

um

doesn’t he like literally have antisemitic conspiracy videos on his YouTube playlists or something tho

Yes. Plus the welfare queen fear-mongering

He literally has a YouTube playlist where he liked videos about Jewish people being behind 9/11, so no, we will continue to treat him like the backwoods racist he is :rip:

• Like 4

uhm i gave him a chance a split second after reading that other thread and in the same thread, his youtube playlist got exposed 

and that does not explain a lot of the lyrics: 

24 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

Yes. Plus the welfare queen fear-mongering

7 minutes ago, Headlock said:

He literally has a YouTube playlist where he liked videos about Jewish people being behind 9/11, so no, we will continue to treat him like the backwoods racist he is :rip:

:cm: 

Everyone falling for this when in reality he just wants to have a mainstream career like Morgan Wallen instead of being known as the weird MAGA cult guy with a song about fat welfare queens or whatever that song is even about. 

• Like 1

The fact that he managed to send such a staunchly anti-establishment song to #1 is legendary behaviour and it will probably never happen again tbh 

Of course the soy-fed metrosexuals of ATRL are SCARED hahaha

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, MusicLoverDude said:

this.

No, the song is horrible. Literally one of the worst songs I’ve ever heard….

But, it’s hilarious watching Conservatives think he made a song tailored toward them, when he flat out says it isn’t :rip: I can’t lie. 

But ATRL is irrelevant anyway so I’d highly doubt he cares lolololol 

24 minutes ago, playboi said:

Of course the soy-fed metrosexuals of ATRL are SCARED hahaha

Did you really think this would… help your argument? :rip:

who the hell is this????? i swear yall make people up every day 

• Haha 1

i personally didn't say anything about the song (because i didn't care, nor do i like country music) but even if i did say something negative, i wouldn't be apologetic about it now. with all of the other racist country artists going #1 recently, it was fair to assume that this song was made for the same reason those other songs were made (promoting right wing ideology and spreading hatred). 

idk who that is and idk what is going on but I don’t like it 

• Haha 1

No, he deserves jail time for taking the #1 spot during the two weeks that Cruel Summer was peaking and within several points of the two songs above it. Her team could’ve squeaked out a #1 with some remixes or something if Miss Anthony hadn’t swooped in and catfished the GOP. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Taylena said:

Everyone falling for this when in reality he just wants to have a mainstream career like Morgan Wallen instead of being known as the weird MAGA cult guy with a song about fat welfare queens or whatever that song is even about. 

My thoughts exactly. I don't know if what he really means is what he said on the song or what he's saying right now, but building a career on being The Republican Guy is not a very good idea especially when half of the US is definitely not into that.

Albeit him not really being a very good songwriter, I do believe he's a more talented guy than Jason Aldean, but I feel like he'll have a harder time getting out of the shadow of that song and the republicans that hyped it as the best thing ever, because he did not have a career before this song blew up. He, unlike Jason (and Morgan Wallen, for that matter), maybe does actually owe them a career, he doesn't have anything to fall back on.

But the truth is that the republicans don't actually really care about him either. It was useful to have a #1. hit that expressed things like that from someone like him as a form virtue signaling, but even if he continued to represent MAGA-type people, will that lead to a fruitful career at all? Maybe they'd buy his album if he released it right now, but a second one, and the one after that? And if he starts talking more about his personal life instead of making songs with the vaguely political commentary they approve of? Again, not a very good idea, just from a business perspective.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.