How would you rank these artists in terms of artistry?

Josh

Sade

Florence and the Machine

Fiona Apple

Madonna

Mariah Carey

Bjork

No two artists on that list give the same thing so comparing their respective artistries is weird.

If you’re someone whose personal notion of great artistry centres or involves singing, then someone like Madonna probably isn’t your idea of a great artist. On the other hand, if you put a lot of stock in interesting videographies then you’re probably not going to be particularly moved by four of the six people listed lol.

Just depends on what you’re looking for.

Edited by LikeATattoo

Madonna

Sade

Mariah

Bjork

Florence

Fiona

Comparing the lane of artistry Mariah is in to the lane of artistry Bjork is in doesn’t make sense, they both have very different approaches. 

Bjork Sade Fiona Apple > Madonna/Mariah/Florence

From the list my faves are Queen Madonna and Mariah :gaycat2: the other ones are cool but they make me sleepy

• ATRL Moderator

all legends

Madonna > Mariah > Sade > Florence > Bjork > Fiona

Both Bjork and Fiona, while I do love them, are sometimes too pretentious for my liking. 

Hard for me to rank them because most of the women are not even in the same wheelhouse. There's really only vocals and songwriting to take into consideration between them and that depends on your taste because they have different creative aims, especially vocally. It would've been better to pick artists in the same genre/similar style. 

Edited by Soda Pop Queen

1. Bjork

2. Fiona Apple

3. Madonna

4. Florence and the Machine

5. Mariah Carey

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.