Did ARTPOP age better than PRISM?

BussC,XOXO

?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Well, yes!
    • Well, no

Back in 2013, the Gaga hate train was running full steam and everyone was #TeamKaty. Now that we’ve all grown up and let both albums marinate our systems, did ARTPOP stand the test of time or are you still #TeamKaty? 

spacer.png

Edited by Bussea

Neither aged that well imo so this thread will go nowhere and will be super subjective lol.

I think PRISM aged slightly better due to the latter half of the album being more adult contemporary pop, which has historically aged better than other types of pop music.  But even with that lean, I don’t think PRISM aged all that well.

ARTPOP aged terribly basically besides Venus, G.U.Y. & Applause & don’t come for me Monsters I’m a fan of Gaga lol.

• Thanks 2

ARTPOP is a messy album but it was better in 2013, is still better in 2023, and will remain better in the future.

Applause alone > PRISM

tumblr_inline_n01eo06zBa1qffoiw.gif

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

Not even close 

Legendary lovers alone > artpop and joanne

• Like 4

No, it did not.

I find most of Gaga music before 2018 did but age well sadly! 

Katy won. :heart2:

ARTPOP is a better album but it was dated on arrival.

Prism was way ahead of the disco/house revival and still stands out with some of the best tracks to come out of that trend.

Pretty sure Artpop will always be better

what u talking about, sweetie? :bibliahh:

I remember in 2013 lots of little monster said Artpop is “ahead of its time”. Now it’s 2023 but it still sounds like the noise, probably 2033?:gaycat1:We’ll wait and see

• Haha 3

Sonically? No. But I think in terms of revisitability, 100%. Prism is really just Teenage Dream Part 2 but far more conceptually bankrupt and not as good. Outside of the singles, there’s nothing that gives “essential listening”. Artpop at the very least, is interesting and if you didn’t live through it is at least worth giving it single play through - at best it is very messy and one might enjoy it, at worst it symbolizes to her very public downfall and contextualizes how we got Joanne through ASIB. For this reason, honestly I would even say Witness is more worth a listen than Prism.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

ARTPOP > Prism

Artpop isn't as bad as ATRL makes it out to be. 'Venus', 'Donatella', Swine', and 'MANiCURE' are amazing songs. The only filler on AP is 'Dope' and 'Aura'. 

PRISM is a great quintessential pop album, so no. :heart:

ARTPOP is nonetheless a great album too except for the dud “Jewels”… :-*

58 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

ARTPOP is a messy album but it was better in 2013, is still better in 2023, and will remain better in the future.

Applause alone > PRISM

tumblr_inline_n01eo06zBa1qffoiw.gif

it did not but it's still better.

mind you Prism is Katy's best album. 

ARTPOP has Aura, GUY, Sexxx Dreams, and Applause so yes.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.