1. 1. Do you like 'Yours Truly'?

• Yes, her (one of her...) best album
    • I enjoy it.
    • I only use a couple of songs.
    • Nope.

it's her 3rd best album 

DW > Sweetener > YT

• Thanks 1

Of course. It's her best album for a reason. 

• Thanks 2

Tattooed Heart, Honeymoon Avenue, Baby I, The Way, Right There, Daydreamin', You'll Never Know, and Piano are all classic Ari songs and among her discography highlights. You are not a real Aristocrat if you don't love Yours Truly, or at least have it above My Featurings in your ranking :sorry: 

• Like 1

Not anyway close to her best albums Sweetener & Positions but I use a couple of songs from it (Piano, The Way, Baby I, You'll Never Know, Right There specifically) :lakitu:

Edited by Billionaire

• ATRL Moderator

It’s her best album so, yes. 

• Thanks 1

It's my favorite album from her with along with Sweetener.

When i listen to it, i feel like being in a 90's retro bubble. The production is really well crafted, her vocals are charming.... 

Edited by Bencharmer

I really enjoy it but I think the fans claiming it’s one of her best albums ever are reaching just a bit (this is obviously purely subjective lol). It’s cute doowop but I’m glad she strayed far away from this sound later on.

It's a great debut album, hasn't aged for me, the only bad song is Better Left Unsaid. I don't listen to it a lot because I find it a bit juvanile but it's still a good album. Has career highlights such as Tattooed Heart, Honeymoon Avenue and The Way.

Edited by ariananext
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I enjoy the soulful vibe but i like her later albums more. I only use a handful of songs.

Single choices were messy though.

Yes, what’s not to like?

10 minutes ago, ariananext said:

It's a great debut album, hasn't aged for me, the only bad song is Better Left Unsaid. I don't listen to it a lot because I find it a bit juvanile but it's still a good album. Has career highlights such as Tattooed Heart, Honeymoon Avenue and The Way.

I have mixed up feelings with BLU.

The EDM infused chorus doesn't fit the vibe of the album (it really sounds like something from 2012)

But ... As a final track, after a whole smooth album, it kinda give a little final push, like "that's all folks! Let's party...." 

Edited by Bencharmer

Definitely has some career highlights like Honeymoon Ave and Tattooed Heart. And Right There/ The Way are still bops. It’s still better than the majority of the obnoxious yuh-yuh garbage on TUN. 

• Thanks 1

The doo-*** and '90s inspired songs are great, but the inclusion of that half-baked EDM song being the closer still puzzles me

• Thanks 1

Yes, I think it's a great r&b/pop record, especially for a debut.

You'll Never Know, The Way and Baby I are the highlights for me. 

• Thanks 1

It was a solid debut, some great songs along with some weaker songs like Almost Is Never Enough (thanks to Nathan), Piano and Popular Song. I'd rate it the same as Positions.

The Way, Baby I and Tattooed Heart are career highlights though. Especially Tattooed Heart, which also gave us this great performance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My fave album from her. But I think as an album, Sweetener is better. YT is just si refreshing ugh lemme listen to it in full!!!

It isn't an album I revisit often, but it was a favorite at one time and has some classics. I'm personally not a big fan of that doowop vibe, but I do think she better conveyed it on Dangerous Woman with tracks like Moonlight and Jason's Song. Those feel more elevated and mature.

I've been listening to it a lot more recently after not streaming it for awhile and it's so much better than I remember! Her voice is incredible and the production is still tight

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.