Is Billie shaping up to have a massive next album?

alestevens

You can't deny that following up WWAFAWDWG?, HTE had a lot of things tarnishing it, from a big social media backlash and poor single choices making the album fail to meet expectations. But the album, after a long and successful world tour, ended up being big enough among her fanbase, even booking one of her signature hits along the way with the title track.

Now she's smashing with her song for the Barbie soundtrack, and in her interviews she seems more glowing that she has ever been. She exudes genuine happiness and excitement over both her career and life in general.

She's also at her very best vocally, which is also promising for the next album to be recorded

What do you think? Will her next album take her back to the top echelons of the music industry?

• Thanks 1

100%. To think people were saying she was over after the useless bad publicity she was getting during HTE's rollout :rip:

Edited by rebeltwat

I'd love for her to invest in full a** band in the next cycle. It would give more dynamics to her live performances and honestly I'm really tired of these acoustic sets with Finneas.

• Like 3

Both WWIMF? & HTE were huge hits and undoubtedly brought a new audience to check for her, several of her older songs have gone viral post-HTE, people will generally be seated for what she has to say post-Jesse/Matthew breakup and she'll also likely be experimenting with new collaborators/producers (which could go either way). 

Unless she has another disastrous HTE-like rollout, this next album is absolutely shaping up to be massive. Her RED methinks :mandown:

Edited by Billionaire
  • Like 5

JohnWayneHolland

Regardless of how successful it is, I feel like it will be a great album, she's one of the most interesting artists nowadays because she's not afraid of trying new things, so I'm perched :giraffe:

• Like 2

Her voice sounded impeccable in that performance, wow. And to think ppl here had the nerve to call her vocals “weak” :toofunny3:

OT: Yes I fear, she’s an album artist and has formed a solid base that will carry her throughout the rest of her career. She always had residual goodwill from the GP but now they’re more tuned in with WWIMF?/Barbie’s success. With a proper rollout & undeniable lead, BE3 will smash 

Edited by luckythisway
  • Like 2

she needs to release the bops like Bad guys, therefor i am type of bops as singles.

Her ballad might do well, but the bops will make her have much more exposure.

HTE was a big era whether ATRL likes it or not. Acclaim, strong streams (12 songs over 100M), great pure sales, iconic blonde hair reveal, a full worldwide arena tour and multiple stadiums in Asia and Latin America...

Now with WWIMF smashing & her hype still going strong, it's OBVIOUS she's here to stay. Next era will be great, I'm excited for what she delivers next :clap3:

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, luckythisway said:

Her voice sounded impeccable in that performance, wow. And to think ppl here had the nerve to call her vocals “weak” :toofunny3:

OT: Yes I fear, she’s an album artist and has formed a solid base that will carry her throughout the rest of her career. She always had residual goodwill from the GP but now they’re more tuned in with WWIMF?/Barbie’s success. With a proper rollout & undeniable lead, BE3 will smash 

Her vocals have never been weak. They were just soft but she could reach super high notes that sounded beautiful. But she has matured a lot as a vocalist. It can especially be felt on the everything i wanted performance at Global Citizen. It's a super soft song which she used to lowkey "whisper" the low notes for. But listen to this:

12 minutes ago, wish said:

HTE was a big era whether ATRL likes it or not. Acclaim, strong streams (12 songs over 100M), great pure sales, iconic blonde hair reveal, a full worldwide arena tour and multiple stadiums in Asia and Latin America...

Now with WWIMF smashing & her hype still going strong, it's OBVIOUS she's here to stay. Next era will be great, I'm excited for what she delivers next :clap3:

I always said her career trajectory resembles Taylor a lil bit. First era that establishes her - Massive sophomore effort - Big era that doesnt hit the GP just as much. So her next era should be her Red!

It seems so, and hopefully, she's one of the most interesting artists to follow nowadays.

If her “flop” album HTE can pull out nearly 7M units WW and a completely GP organic smash hit with the one of the most disastrous rollouts ever then I don’t see how BE3 won’t be another hit album as well :michael:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, luckythisway said:

And to think ppl here had the nerve to call her vocals “weak” :toofunny3:

:deadbanana2:

If she's able to release a quality album like HTE this or next year, yeah she gonna smash.

it will be succesful but on the same wavelength as hte. not as wwafawdwg 

2 hours ago, iam1925 said:

No, she will still remain a one-hit wonder girl :cm:

How can she be a OHW when she already has several hits? :toofunny3:

Ya’ll love counting her out and she loves making you look like fools. 

If she continues to release excellence like everything i wanted, happier than ever, what i was made for, then yes.

It won’t be bigger than her debut that’s for sure. I see another HTE sized album. The three songs that smashed from the Barbie soundtrack were heavily promoted singles. WWIMF also failed to hit the BBH100 top 10 so I’m not sure how that sets up her next album 

Billie will smash and is here to stay. She has a clear point of view in her music, is unique, represents the Zeitgeist and has managed to establish a very solid fanbase. Shes genuinely talented, so its well deserved

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.