Avril's label gave her 6 months to record "Under My Skin". Shook?

naval23

On 8/22/2023 at 8:27 AM, Robburro said:

mhe would be the only successful song of the era

Lol all of her albums expect for LG has had only one memorable song.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hiatus

• naval23

• WavesOfLust

• Eat The Acid

On 8/21/2023 at 2:00 AM, PoKiTaurus said:

Honestly my least favorite from her :doc:

The chorus for most of the tracks should have been doubled. Together, Forgotten, Who Knows in particular seem like they only have half a chorus. 

How Does It Feel is so slow that Avril herself said she doesn't do it live because she straight up thinks the audience would be bored. 

The fact MHE is the only track to have a unique producer (all the others are by someone else), and that one is considered the best on the album, + the fact DTM is a Let Go reject (also one of the better tracks on here), speaks volume on the state the album was in. 

Also, why was this not on the tracklist? Hands down the best from UMS sessions.

Wait is this true???

21 minutes ago, MaxMartin said:

Wait is this true???

Avril apparently said the lyrics were done before Complicated was made.

I also know that Darlin' from Goodbye Lullaby is a track she wrote before she even got her record deal. :soda:

And apparently Everything Back But You was made for Under My Skin :soda:

It's intetesting cause it's almost like these tracks were the foundation for their albums. 

I love this album & era. Avril normally always have poor single choices or order but overall her debut & sophomore album goes unmatched!

Well, it's still her best album so thank you Arista

and we got her best album :clap3:

but yeah, in fact than Avril was right & MHE became almost the only hit from UMS :rip:

On 8/21/2023 at 1:07 AM, PoKiTaurus said:

Did she talk about the drama around Avril's writing credits for this album? I remember a few people from UMS production apparently tried to sue Avril because they were shocked to see her in the writing credits on the album :deadbanana4:

Not even a little bit true. Chantal was bitter that Avril didn’t write with her on TBDT. Avril clarified that she didn’t want to work with Chantal again because her and Chantal didn’t have the chemistry to write hits and that’s why none of their songs ended up as singles. 

Then when the TBDT Tracklist came out,  Chantal accused Avril of robbing a song that they worked on together for UNS called Contagious. This was not the same song at all and Avril threatened to sue Chantal. Chantal was forced to issue a public apology admitting she was a clown for jumping to conclusions. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.