• Sza
    • Dua
  2. 2. Bigger Hits?

• Sza
    • Dua
  3. 3. Bigger Artist?

• Sza
    • Dua

Which New generation MPG is bigger, SZA or dua?

SZA

Dua Lipa

SZA by far. Dua has hits but the GP still doesn't know she is, just like Rihanna before Umbrella.

• Thumbs Down 1

Dua for everything bar "artist" in the US, SZA has a bigger loyal audience in the US. 

Dua and it’s not even close. SZA is a bigger album seller in the US but worldwide SZA only has one hit where she’s the sole lead artist.

SZA has a bigger and more devoted following in the US, but that's it. Dua is the bigger name, hitmaker and artist everywhere else, by far. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, joannna said:

SZA by far. Dua has hits but the GP still doesn't know she is, just like Rihanna before Umbrella.

What determines whether the GP knows an artist or not? She sold out a tour grossing 100M last year. And don’t say ‘debuting high’ because Rihanna never debuted high either before ANTI

• Thanks 2

It’s hard to measure SZA’s success cause she releases so sparingly but she definitely has more hype when she releases

Dua’s is bigger number wise tho 

7 minutes ago, Love Again said:

What determines whether the GP knows an artist or not? She sold out a tour grossing 100M last year. And don’t say ‘debuting high’ because Rihanna never debuted high either before ANTI

oh debuting high is a great indicator of hype, impact, and recognition by the GP. FN got 29m streams on its first day, SOS got more than double that. 

Dua Lipa is massive globally so her. This isnt even a question…

• Thanks 1

Dua has no album as organically successful as SOS. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

Why compare an rnb singer-songwriter girlie whose grown a niche following to a dance pop girlie whose hits are literally made for radio and to be mass consumed :toofunny3:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joannna said:

oh debuting high is a great indicator of hype, impact, and recognition by the GP. FN got 29m streams on its first day, SOS got more than double that. 

At the time, Future Nostalgia entered the top 5 most streamed female albums on its first day with 3 songs in the Global Top 10 and 9/11 songs in the Top 50, Spotify tripled its users since 2020  :biblio: 

OP: only people from the US would say SZA, we know that globally she can't compete with Dua on anything. Nothing against her, but SZA has like ONE global hit and can't do a real WORLD tour.

Edited by unclefloprry

1 hour ago, Jonver said:

outside the US sza only has one hit.

Definitely not true:rip: Y'all be saying anything

• Thumbs Down 1

37 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Definitely not true:rip: Y'all be saying anything

I'm from Europe and literally the only song I know is "Kill Bill"... and that's because I explicity listened to it on Spotify because I saw it was #1. Nobody here knows who SZA is, while Dua has been big for half a decade now.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Moonturn said:

I'm from Europe and literally the only song I know is "Kill Bill"... and that's because I explicity listened to it on Spotify because I saw it was #1. Nobody here knows who SZA is, while Dua has been big for half a decade now.

She literally headlined the Wireless Festival in London last year.

You clearly don't speak for "everyone":rip: 

She's currently huge in the UK, Philippines, Indonesia, South Africa, Malaysia & Oceania

Album: SOS
  • Thumbs Down 1

Hard to compare the WW success of a pop and R&B act, Dua is much bigger but SZA is killing it right now. Not only in the US, SOS is a global success.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.