Who should work with Kid Harpoon / Tyler Johnson next?

KatyPrismSpirit

As some of you guys know, Kid Harpoon and Tyler Johnson are the writers and producers behind the global mega smash-hits “As It Was” and “Flowers”. Both were the greatest hit singles of their respective year of release (As It Was, 2022) (Flowers, 2023).

Harry and Miley were able to get massive hits from their Kid Harpoon & Tyler Johnson produced mega hits. Who should they work for next and get the biggest hit of 2024? 

2 minutes ago, ugo said:

I could see Olivia doing it. I kinda want to Lana to try.

Olivia would slay it. Tbh the trend seems to be that they mostly work for artists that are under Columbia. Since Halsey just signed with them I can definitely see her comeback be a song produced by them.

• Like 1

Sam Smith & Tyler Johnson has worked together before for one track, “One Last Song” from The Thrill Of It All, I wouldn’t be mad if they collaborated again 

Edited by Yog

19 minutes ago, DeepEnd said:

Gaga would kill it :jonny:

Yeah she definitely has a Flowers in her :ghostface:

The duo is basically Harry's creation. They met through Harry.

Harry worked with Jeff Bhasker for his first album, and Tyler was Jeff's protege. Harry had known Kid since 2011 but they only worked on one song together for his debut album (Sweet Creature). Tyler didn't produce and doesn't have writing credit on Sweet Creature.

While Jeff Bhasker produced a couple of songs in Fine Line (Cherry, She, Treat People With Kindness), he wasn't present for most of it. Tyler was instead. And Harry brought Kid along as well. The three of them worked on 7/12 songs together. This includes Watermelon Sugar, btw. They solidified this working trio with Harry's House. 10/13 tracks were written by the three of them alone, including, of course, As It Was. 2 of the remaining tracks were just written by Harry/Kid (Late Night Talking and Little Freak), and the last one was Harry and Sammy Witte (Cinema)

I think Columbia suggested them to Miley, and they worked on a few songs of Endless Sumer Vacation (Flowers, Red Colored Lenses, Thousand Miles, River, Wildcard, and Wonder Woman).

I do think it has a lot to do with the artist they work with tho. I give Harry and Miley their flowers (pun intended). Tyler and Kid don't ghostwrite for artists, the artist has to pull their weight. So I think whoever it is, it has to be someone who truly has a pen, like Olivia or Gaga.

They're currently working on Harry's fourth album, but I look forward to seeing what else they can accomplish. I hope they get nominated for POTY soon, because they deserved with HsH already.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.