Weakest discography: Nicki vs Beyoncé vs Rihanna vs SZA

OnikaSlays

Weakest discography: Nicki vs Beyoncé vs Rihanna vs SZA?  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Who has the weakest discography in your opinion?

• Nicki
    • Beyoncé
    • Rihanna
    • SZA

Sza

Her latest album was trash and people pretend it's good, only because it got some success :bam:

• Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OnikaSlays

• istan4badgalriri

• rihannafan

• ScorpiosGroove

2 minutes ago, OnikaSlays said:

what's confusing? @istan4badgalriri @rihannafan

spacer.png

Singles are still part of an album and Rih has multiple smash singles per album 

Just cause certain girls don’t have hits or filler free albums doesn’t mean we get to criticize Rih’s albums because she has 40000 hits from them! :flower: 

Nicki still doesn't have an album on the level of Anti, Ctrl, or Ren/ST so her

1 hour ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

i like rih lol

doesn’t change the fact that she doesn’t have an acclaimed discography and isn’t an album artist either 

Anti went from a 73 on Metacritic upon release to becoming one of the most critically-acclaimed albums of the 21st century so like...

& the album artist part is subjective. Rolling Stone said she had become an album artist in their Anti review.

People calling Ri's discography the weakest are wild when she has the most diverse one! SZA imo would have the weakest discography regardless of how solid her 2 albums have been, she's going to need to put out more bodies of work. After SZA I'd say Nicki, because quantity doesn't always equal quality. The following weakest would be Rih, and then Bey. 

• Thanks 1

SZA, better than Rihanna?:ahh: Rihanna has Umbrella, SZA is never touching that timeless classic. And I'm not even a Rih fan. 

SZA doing well by catering to straight men with references to Scarface and Tarantino doesn't make her superior. 

Edited by EmailMySwift
  • Thumbs Down 1

Ole girl has the worst discography…Y’all really set her up. :hoetenks:

39 minutes ago, OnikaSlays said:

what's confusing? @istan4badgalriri @rihannafan

spacer.png

The whole "filler" argument is just entirely subjective, and has never really made sense. Folks started pushing that narrative when her success in the singles/hits department became unparalleled. "A Girl Like Me" is the only album of hers that has a significant contrast in quality between the singles and deep cuts.

50 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

& the album artist part is subjective. Rolling Stone said she had become an album artist in their Anti review.

if you need 8 albums to do that for the first time you’re not an album artist :rip:

if you make it fair by only counting their first two albums, it’s Rihanna. But overall it’s SZA. I hate Nicki’s shenanigans but her discography is amazing 

All I know is Bey is not the answer. Have fun arguing about the rest.

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

22 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

The whole "filler" argument is just entirely subjective, and has never really made sense. Folks started pushing that narrative when her success in the singles/hits department became unparalleled. "A Girl Like Me" is the only album of hers that has a significant contrast in quality between the singles and deep cuts.

I just personally can’t play an entire Rihanna album front to back, besides ANTI like I said. Even TTT, which is my second personal fave, has a few songs that I could never get into and almost always skip. It’s nothing against Rih though, cause she definitely is the hitmaker of our generation.

Rihanna has only ONE good album? Her first two albums are forgettable outside of the singles, I'll give you that, but her entire run from GGGB to Anti (even though it's not my favorite) is nearly flawless, even in the deep cuts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Nicki.

SZA shouldn't be included here. Bey, Rih and Nicki are not her peers.

• Like 2

SZA tbh, only because Rihanna, Nicki & Beyonce is big and has heaps of hits and bops! as SZA only had the 2 albums. 

Obviously Nicki who has the weakest hits in quality and no cohesive album. All the other girls have multiple albums better than Nicki’s best 

14 hours ago, Post Malone said:

Nicki is iconic for her features/certain singles, but her albums are completely useless 

This 

Some takes on this thread are so f*cking dumb (Besides the ones that are hating on Nicki)

On 8/20/2023 at 7:23 PM, istan4badgalriri said:

It’s without a doubt between SZA and Nicki (even though they both have solid discographies)

The narrative that Rihanna only has 1 good album is hilarious.

Rihanna's music is very uniform, if you enjoy one of her albums you will probably like the others too to a certain degree. :michael:

OT: Nicki. 

23 hours ago, nostalgic said:

Rihanna has only ONE good album? Her first two albums are forgettable outside of the singles, I'll give you that, but her entire run from GGGB to Anti (even though it's not my favorite) is nearly flawless, even in the deep cuts.

Exactly 

Comparing a female RAPPER to 3 other pop/R&B SINGERS…makes sense 

• Like 1

SZA by default.

But her discography is still strong. The other girls are just…. stronger :michael:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.