Kanye West - Jail | Appreciation thread for this grammy winning anthem!

naval23

Honestly one of his best tracks ever. I remember hearing this for the first time and shook at how amazing it was

I probably haven't loved an album track of his this much since "Street Lights" 

The way it snatched a Grammy for Best Rap Song with no promotion and just talent :superman:

Rolling Stone on Twitter: ".@kanyewest and Jay-Z win the Best Rap Song Grammy  Award for "Jail" all #GRAMMYs winners so far: https://t.co/EFNBpGHniV  https://t.co/bqxfj5BQlz" / Twitter

TAKE WHAT YOU WANT 
TAKE EVERYTHINGGGGGGGGGGG

Guess who's getting 'exed?
You made a choice, that's yo' bad, single life ain't so bad
But we ain't finna go there, something's off, I'll tell you why
Guess who's going to jail tonight?
What a grand plan to sell you out
I COULD SCREAM AND SHOUT, LET IT OUT

Agree?

Edited by naval23
  • Thanks 1

Donda is undeniably a mess, but it has some fantastic tracks throughout. If Kanye wanted to, I think he could easily make another masterpiece, though obviously his recent controversies have soured a lot of people on him (myself included).

Everybody remembers where they were when that Jay verse played for the first time :tornado:

Absolutely OUTSTANDING opening track. The synths/chord’s absolutely melt your brain, it’s ethereal :falcon:

Donda in general was heavily misunderstood & overhated just bc it was Kanye. Other artists wish they could release tracks as good as Jail, Pure Souls, Praise God, Off the Grid, Hurricane… I can keep going on. 

Edited by luckythisway

An absolute Anthem 

when jay said Donda I’m with your baby 

we- 😢😢

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.