• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Odette Violet

• orange22

• BOOMBAYAH

• Virgos Groove

Witch but tbf the comics were much better than the show. Not like Winx was bad they also served hard in the show and video games :clap3:

We stan both of these legendary franchises tho

ezgif.com-resize(3).thumb.gif.b743ca6ef9

• Like 5

i never actually watched the W.I.T.C.H. cartoon but i loved the comics.

• Thanks 2

W.I.T.C.H. was maybe Disney’s biggest fumble :ghostface: no live action or an animated reboot? they didn’t even try with the original series at all

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Winx. Period. 

I wish they didnt ruin the live action show.

I couldn’t bring myself to even try it after the trailers and clips started coming out :redface: hideous to even look at 

• Thanks 1

W.I.T.C.H is great but Winx is Peak  Pop culture. They were like the 2nd coming of Sailor Moon globally during the 00's

When you have the 00's hottest pop stars and actresses in a group then you  got the biggest western magical girls of 2000's. Winx serving CVNT and peak  fiction since day 1

Winx Club Enchantix GIF - Winx Club Enchantix 3d - Discover & Share GIFs

Edited by Odette Violet
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

Is this a joke? :skull: Winx.

Have you even watched Witch? It's far better. 

I love Winx, the designs and aesthetic were so cool at the time, and it made them become such y2k icons! But the show itself is really puerile and silly that even as a kid I remember being baffled by it.

Witch is not as flashy but has far superior plot, storylines, characters and world building. I think you can tell even just by watching the first episode of each series.

The difference is night and day.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, AxelFox said:

Have you even watched Witch? It's far better. 

I love Winx, the designs and aesthetic were so cool at the time, and it made them become such y2k icons! But the show itself is really puerile and silly that even as a kid I remember being baffled by it.

Witch is not as flashy but has far superior plot, storylines, characters and world building. I think you can tell even just by watching the first episode of each series.

The difference is night and day.

Not you using the butchered Nick version. This is a better comparison  :redface:

As for the character, plot and world building.  Winx had great diversity within the cast ( you have a latina, east asian and black woman in the group ) the world building fused fantasy with sci-fi whereas W.IT.C.H followed the common fantasy settings we see in most fictions and medias :cm:

• Thumbs Down 1

• ATRL Moderator
20 minutes ago, orange22 said:

W.I.T.C.H. was maybe Disney’s biggest fumble :ghostface: no live action or an animated reboot? they didn’t even try with the original series at all

Literally.... they dropped the ball so hard!!!

• Like 2

Omg both…I can’t pick. Kind of off topic, but I was talking to my friends the other day about how we (all gay men) grew up watching “girls” cartoons and shows and we were having a randomly deep conversation about how watching those shows as young kids was probably for the best even though we all got weird looks for it because so much of it was about kindness, love, friendship, and a strength that we don’t really get from a lot of “boys” cartoons and shows. I remember watching these shows alongside Sailor Moon, Mew Mew Power, etc. and having anxiety of anyone catching me nnn.

• Like 5

• ATRL Moderator

Loved both of them. I was a bigger W.I.T.C.H. stan though - the four elements aspect inspired my username (as did Avatar)!

• Like 2

Just now, BOOMBAYAH said:

Omg both…I can’t pick. Kind of off topic, but I was talking to my friends the other day about how we (all gay men) grew up watching “girls” cartoons and shows and we were having a randomly deep conversation about how watching those shows as young kids was probably for the best even though we all got weird looks for it because so much of it was about kindness, love, friendship, and a strength that we don’t really get from a lot of “boys” cartoons and shows. I remember watching these shows alongside Sailor Moon, Mew Mew Power, etc. and having anxiety of anyone catching me nnn.

+ gave me that entry level feminism at 8 years old 

i.thumb.gif.40074f95a2aef7cfabed5a7961a9

Liking W.I.T.C.H. was the first thing I got called a *** for :heart:

Edited by sbenci
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, sbenci said:

Liking W.I.T.C.H. was the first thing I got called the *** for :heart:

I remember watching it and my cousin walked in with his girlfriend and was calling me out for watching “girls” cartoons only for his girlfriend to go off at him and tell me there’s nothing wrong with it :ahh: a queen and ally 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, BOOMBAYAH said:

The straights loved Totally Spies, Kim Possible, etc. too don’t sleep :dies:

1 minute ago, Odette Violet said:

Like how can W.I.T.C.H top this? ENCHANTIX alone clears  :gaycat3:

Everything post-Enchantix got very tacky I fear…

Just now, Odette Violet said:

Like how can W.I.T.C.H top this? ENCHANTIX alone clears  :gaycat3:

The universal gag when Bloom got her Enchantix…the “Valtor will never win, ever” opening line…the dragon enveloping her body…the FENTY BEUATY eyeshadow…everyone knows where they were and what they were doing at that moment.  

• Like 7

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.