Better vocalist: Lady Gaga vs Beyoncé vs Ariana Grande?

Riverbank

184 members have voted

1. 1. better vocalist?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jjang

• Not Like The Movies

• mons†er

• Trainwreck

Beyonce > Ariana > Gaga

• Like 14

They’re pretty even tbh. I think technically (and someone who knows more about vocals can correct me on this) they’d rank as Beyoncé > Gaga > Ari.

• Like 1

Beyonce, sweetie...

11 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

They’re pretty even tbh. I think technically (and someone who knows more about vocals can correct me on this) they’d rank as Beyoncé > Gaga > Ari.

This.

Beyoncé > Ariana > Gaga [4]

36 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Like lbr, anyone putting Ari ahead of Gaga is doing so because they believe whistle notes = better vocalist :skull:  

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 4

They are in practice equals imo, there are things one does that is better than the other.

For one, Ariana has access to decent whistle registers, smth none of them can do. Bey excels at rap singing, vocal runs and melismas, Gaga can project like ******* hell :jonny:

48 minutes ago, Domination said:

Like lbr, anyone putting Ari ahead of Gaga is doing so because they believe whistle notes = better vocalist :skull:  

Beyoncé > Ariana > Gaga 

:heart:

• Like 1

between Ari and Gaga, it really comes down to preference. Gaga has access to an emotional resonance and rawness in her voice that can be very powerful and can make her voice fit any genre, but Ariana has the better vocal range/control and just has a beautiful tone overall.

Beyoncé is simply clearing them both though.

• Like 2

Beyoncé probably can do the most technically.

Ariana has a beautiful tone, amazing range in pitch and can belt effortlessly, but I don't think we've seen her tackle multiple different styles and emotions the way Beyoncé has. Meanwhile Gaga has an underdeveloped area in her head voice, but the sheer power of her belt still gives me goosebumps and she's demonstrated lots of different styles / emotions.

All 3 are incredible though and I'm glad we can listen to them all!

• Like 1

They are all amazing in there own ways. I can't just choose one. 

• Like 1

Gaga and Ariana are good singers, sometimes even great but they don't have as much experience and virtuosic skill as Beyoncé. Bey has been fine tuning her instrument and honing her craft for the vast majority of her 41 years. She's also more creative and becomes more equal parts impressive and expressive with each passing year. At this point, I really look at her more as a vocal artist who paints with her voice rather than just a traditional or run of the mill vocalist. 

• Like 2

Bey > Ari = Gaga

Beyoncé has the strongest voice and can control emotions the best, Ari and Gaga are pretty equal. All 3 of them are one of the best vocalists in pop music. 

Beyoncé is technically perfect... then Gaga, with her amazing control, and then Ariana who has a nice but thin timbre and who is quite lacking on the technical side.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.