👑 The Ultimate TABS S2 is...... (results at page 339)

Yvess

On 11/8/2023 at 6:23 PM, Yvess said:

HcMcGyT.png

SURPRISE! SURPRISE! SURPRISE!

vgJ8NNj.png

Related image

THIS ROUND IS ALSO THE WILDCARD/COMEBACK ROUND

calling the attentions of

@Moonlightbae @Born to Run @Insanity @thecptz @dejmieeen @Devon Robot 

@Psycho @Jai @Invisibility @Julia Fox @fiercE

(this is not mandatory but if you want to try it out, we will appreciate it)

What to Do

PHOTO

Send in 2 photos of your artist that represents how they can show versatile looks.. It should be two looks or two different concepts it depends on you.

Score: 4/4

SONG

Send in 2 songs of your artist that represents versatility as an artist. It should be two different genres or song meaning/concepts it depends on you.

Socre: 4/4

EXPLANATION

Send in an explanation to justify your choices

Score: 2/2

How does the Judging Work in this Round?

The judges will be scoring each entry from a mini round from 1-10. They can give an 11 to the most perfect entry for each ELEMENT category.

SAMPLE ENTRY:

BEYONCE (this entry was from TOUCH IT of S1)

Reveal hidden contents

giphy_s.gif&ehk=a3SLmc3iMprChKxJ4cQLvCZB      5xhhvpyfs256.jpg

beyonce shows true versatility throughout her whole career. she’s able to serve many different concepts and here are two different examples that are very different from one another.  she was able to pull off a dark evil queen in one picture and the exact opposite in the next photo where she’s viewed as an innocent woman full of many different colors around her.

blow & daddy lessons

throughout the many years of beyonce’s musical career, she created many songs under the pop and r&b genres but still has a lot more versatility. even within the genre of r&b, beyonce has experimented many different genres within it. blow experiments with both disco and funk while still staying true to beyonce’s signature r&b sound. with daddy lessons, it shows a whole other side of beyonce where she experiments with both folk and country and sounds perfect doing it.

PRIZE:

THE TOP-RANKING ENTRY EARNS A SLOT BACK IN THE GAME

AND GETS TO ELIMINATE AMONG THE BOTTOM TRIBUTES OF THE CURRENT TOP 8

UPDATED DEADLINE:

NOVEMBER 9TH, 7:00 PM EDT

(please ask for an extension before the deadline is up and we will give it to you, just let us know tysm)

Well I totally forgot to do this

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yvess

• Kern

• Year of Shadow

• khalyan

Top Posters In This Topic

But honestly would Nick Jonas even stand a chance :gaycat7:

If I remembered I wouldn't even had bothered to try

6 minutes ago, Insanity said:

But honestly would Nick Jonas even stand a chance :gaycat7:

If I remembered I wouldn't even had bothered to try

Hi hru :-*

1 minute ago, Kylie Verzosa said:

Hi hru :-*

Hey there 

35 minutes ago, Insanity said:

me and @stupidjock to you:

antm-tyra-banks.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Invisibility said:

Yas stan

She saw Madonna wearing a kimono and said let me get me some of that

she borrowed the kimono that's why Hey Dude entry got a headshot only lmao

5 hours ago, Insanity said:

I was actually thinking about you lol

but you left the flop group chat

10 minutes ago, stupidjock said:

Hell yeah I'm pregnant!!! With #SJCrits 

ARE U WELL FED? :duca:

PHOTOS + EXPLANATIONS

@Dessy

You nailed this part - Ciara looks convincing enough in both photos as a tomboy and as a elegant woman. Even her face expression is different in both.

@Legend E

I like the first photo, she looks confident even if this naughty look is not on brand for her so she pulled this off. The second photo provides nice contrast since she's almost fully covered but that also workes as a disadvantages because you can barely see her. So mostly this is a good entry but I wish the second photo showed more of her.

@Hey Dude

I'm not entirely convinced about this. I wish you chose photos from different eras since she has so many. Also what does 'ability to manipulate her facial structure as she finds fitting' mean - is she an alien? She looks similarly delicate and enlightened in both photos but fortunetly the looks are different enough to make it not bad entry

@Kylie Verzosa

I like the theme of showing different cultural inspirations in both looks so this is very clever idea. First look is cute, turistic and dreamy while the other is sexy and fierce. I kinda wish the second photo was more striking but that's okay as it is

@ZORBIT

While I think you went with interesting idea and def nailed it in some ways I kinda think the first photo is also giving alternative. Not in the same caliber as the second but still not enough to make it perfect entry. That second photo is stunning btw.

@Queen.

I see that you went with fragile versus hardcore looks and the second photo def nailes its part. The first one... okay, I can take this, her expression is what wins me here even if the outfit is a bit weird.

@blackoutbaby

Very good entry, there's a lot of thought that went into it to make it stand out and not be too obvious. The only problem I have with this is that I wish we could see a bit more vulnerability in the second photo because both photos are showing her as this powerful leader woman but it's not a big deal for me I guess idk 

@Overprotected

Oh I love this! I love the idea of using such similar photos with totally different vibe to show how Mariah can pull different looks with the same pose. I think this might be my favorite entry here.

@Invisibility

Damn those photos are sick, she's really the queen of alt. While I personally would went with something more like 'fka pulling a basic look versus alternative look' you going with more emotional approach is not too bad too. I just wish we could see more of her on the first photo (but it's still stunning tho, like I would hang in on the wall or wear this on a tshirt)

@Julia Fox

I love this, very good and deep going inspiration, good essay and both looks are showing efortlessnes while being so different from each other. This is the other perfect entry for me.

@Yvess @MusicLoverDude @CBC

Edited by stupidjock
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, stupidjock said:

spacer.png

@Jai 

and yet she was robbed in this wicked game

she didn't try to join the wildcard :!ohno: :weeps:

ROUND 13 - YVESS CRITIQUES

vgJ8NNj.png     

beyonce.gif

SONGS

@DessyCiara
First off, picking songs from the same album is such a risky take but will definitely work so well if done properly. And you simply snapped with it, the thematic and sonical contrast were very evident. Great job!

@Legend EKelly
Ooooooooh wow, those two songs were not just great but I felt that it highlighted some parts of Kelly's artistry that we don't usually see from her. Both songs made it to my greenhearted list! Work, Idol!

@Hey DudeMadonna
Devour me and everyone with your magnificent singles! Like A Prayer will always be GOD-TIER while Don't Tell Me will always be a TIMELESS single, both songs exhibit Madge's versatility. Overall, this portion of your entry feels like you don't really want to be taken as a lesser threat in the game and I am here for it. Thank you for reminding us who you are!

@Kylie VerzosaRosalia
Hey, Queen! Girl, you have done it again, constantly raising the bar for us all and doing it flawlessly. I’d say I’m surprised but I know who you are. I’ve seen it up close and personal. Girl, you make me so proud, and I love you,

@ZORBITTinashe
I love love love Hopscotch so I am very delighted seeing its appearance on this game. Matching it with Gravity is a match made in R&B heaven! Versatility in her vocals and production is spot on! Good job!

@Queen.Niicki Minaj

I am very pleased with this! You went with such great songs that do not really sound the same and in my opinion, it is hard to do so with rappers! So, yeah this cemented how Nicki is indeed the queen of rap! Her amount of versatility and mastery in the genre can't be questioned!

@blackoutbabyRihanna
You didn't come to play with your song selection for this round. The lyrics, theme, sound of those two are so palpable and it even works well with your photos. Such a mastermind methinks. Girl, you ate!

@OverprotectedMariah Carey
MISS MA'AM, YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO OBLITERATE US HARD! Speechless with your song selections for this round, you represent Mimi very well in this round and you should be so proud of it!

@stupidjock

@MusicLoverDude

@CBC

@lacy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ROUND 13 - YVESS CRITIQUES

vgJ8NNj.png     

beyonce.gif

SONGS

@Invisibility

Those songs you chose were truly ahead of its time. Only the intellectuals and true lovers of music will understand why songs like this will make anyone with it under her belt have a solid discography. Great job!

@Julia Fox

Can't find any single flaw with those songs you picked! The side of Shakira I am not so aware of and her side that established her being a global pop icon making appearance once again in this game is an epitome of versatility. A very satisfied customer here!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stupidjock said:

spacer.png

@Jai 

and yet she was robbed in this wicked game

SZA won life in the end indeed.

CURRENT LEADERBOARD

R1-R12 COMBINED

umgIk2c.png

7JT4fVs.png

@Overprotected rises to #1

@Legend E jumps 3 notches to #2