👑 The Ultimate TABS S2 is...... (results at page 339)

Yvess

Thanks for the constructive critique judge MLD :gaycat4:

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yvess

• Kern

• Year of Shadow

• khalyan

Top Posters In This Topic

MLD's Critiques - Camp Fierce

9x03 Arthur Weighs In; The Law of the Jungle Gym - YouTube | Law of the jungle, Dw memes, Arthur ...

@Dessy - Ciara 

She's a very good dancer, and she has pretty decent stage presence. Her vocals could have been better though and there were times where I felt like the energy may have been lacking. One, Two Step in particular has become an iconic party anthem and Goodies was also a great song but I feel like this performance didn't completely go above and beyond with the energy like it should have. It was there, but I was wanting more than what we got. Decent, but could have been better.

@ZORBIT - Tinashe 

The beginning part with Pretend was low-key off but Tinashe looked great, sounded great and performed to the top of her ability with both songs. She really showed here that she had the potential to be a superstar and it's sad that she only had one mainstream hit. Great job!

@Queen. - Nicki Minaj 

This performance should've been a lot better than it was. Nicki can rap, yes, but her stage presence is weird here. The dancing bits didn't seem as fleshed out as they could have been as well. And then as if it couldn't get any worse, we get her remixed verse from Till the World Ends which she sounds HORRIBLE on and then we get Britney coming out with her usual lipsyncing. Given that this is a first impression, WE DID NOT NEED AN ESTABLISHED STAR COMING IN AND TAKING AWAY TIME FROM NICKI!  so yeah, not good.

@PoKiTaurus - Madonna

Oh man...Madonna's debut era was the definition of generic 80s pop. It's hard to really have a good unique identity when you have dated production as your backdrop. This performance as a result was ok, she's a decent dancer, but this didn't have the same stage presence that Kylie had with her generic 80s performance. There's a reason the Madonna we know and respect blew up for other songs after this one. Not bad, but not mind-blowing, that's for sure. 

@blackoutbaby - Rihanna 

A lot of people thought Rihanna would be a one hit wonder because of this song, and this performance sadly doesn't change that. Rihanna was still at the beginning of her career so her singing abilities and her stage presentation were not strong yet (the DJ had more stage presence than her here). What does work in her favor here though is Ellen coming and dancing with her and the dancers at the final chorus. For a brief moment it shows Rihanna's chill factor and why people are cool with listening to her and dancing to her music. Similar to Madonna, it's not bad but it isn't mind-blowing. 

@dejmieeen - Natalia Nykiel 

Brief shoutout to our host @Yvess for uploading this to google drive when Youtube blocked the performance. You're a trooper and you're working very hard to make this game happen, so please rest assured, it is much appreciated :heart2:

Now onto the critique. Unlike Madonna and Rihanna, I don't have any past knowledge about her so this really is a first impression for me. It's a bit mixed. She's pretty and has a decent voice, but during this performance it sounded pitchy. I'd also say that for having a big stage like that, given that it appears to be an Awards show, Natalia could have utilized it more and she didn't. Spending almost the entire performance standing in place doesn't really help her. I wouldn't say it's bad but it isn't good either. 

@Legend E - Kelly Clarkson

Good, someone who knows what they are doing. Kelly sounds great and she has decent stage presence here. Over the years, she has shown that she can put on a good show both with her own songs and with cover songs. This performance showed she had potential even if all she was working with was a Christina Aguilera reject. Good job this round. Given all the messy performances above you, you should be safe this round. 

• Thanks 3

Y'ALL she just re-released Drowned World remixes on Apple Music. 

The universe is trying to reassure me that I indeed made the proper move to stick with Madonna :jonny3:

1I9bdLb.png

https://music.apple.com/nz/album/drowned-world-substitute-for-love-remixes/1703027242

This is so so spooky this can't be a coincidence :jonny3:

I need to find that avi I used in January, it was a super hi-def version of the artwork.

Waiting for the next judge 

Well it’s over

I've sent all my scores for all three groups. Good luck to everyone this round.

See related image detail. Matchmaker, Match Breaker/Gallery - Arthur Wiki

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MusicLoverDude said:

My ONLY issue is that I wish they were moving around the stage a bit more and utilizing it.

mama has been old since 1993 :sosad: tysm!

• Haha 1

Miss Independent was for Xtina?? Had no idea.

all she was working with was a Christina Aguilera reject

• Like 1

Damn bruh you're obsessed :deadbanana4:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, MusicLoverDude said:

Brief shoutout to our host @Yvess for uploading this to google drive when Youtube blocked the performance. You're a trooper and you're working very hard to make this game happen, so please rest assured, it is much appreciated :heart2:

awwww thanks so much @MusicLoverDude, this made my day :heart2: 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PoKiTaurus said:

Y'ALL she just re-released Drowned World remixes on Apple Music. 

The universe is trying to reassure me that I indeed made the proper move to stick with Madonna :jonny3:

1I9bdLb.png

https://music.apple.com/nz/album/drowned-world-substitute-for-love-remixes/1703027242

This is so so spooky this can't be a coincidence :jonny3:

I need to find that avi I used in January, it was a super hi-def version of the artwork.

You're in NZ? :jonny5:

See related image detail. Matchmaker, Match Breaker/Gallery - Arthur Wiki

Not Madonna and Princess Ciara dragging :rip:

8 hours ago, PoKiTaurus said:

Last season had a team switch mid-way so be cute with how you critique tracks outside your team :eli:

Today we are enemies, tomorrow allies. :celestial3:

I think some of them are not aware they are gonna have to vote each other out after this round :lakitu: Other players decide who leaves, not the judges 

Lol I can’t walk after yesterdays training so I guess I’ll start reviewing other teams 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, stupidjock said:

Lol I can’t walk after yesterdays training so I guess I’ll start reviewing other teams 

show us ur muscles bb :-*

CGG1JDu_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium&fbclid=IwAR3o_BdFbAnbbnAw0FwEd-3MSadPa8hrbnp8g8UuNWDc_FQSL_AOu-_lmRE

stupidjock's (formerly known as the70s) essays

36w3XsQ.png @Dessy

This is from her debut era? Impressive :clap3:Especially the last part utill the end got me bopping! But as much as I liked this performance and all the hits, I'm not a fan of mixing different songs together. And I know that's how usually those kind of shows go but it ruins the flow for me. Overall strong entry.

qZkFpdv.png @ZORBIT

She's just so effortlessly cool... I love her look here and interesting backdrop at the start and them the plot twist with this turning into a whole show with choreo. I honestly can't say anything bad about this performance because it would be just nit-picking. :clap3:

HHyBFh6.png @Queen.

I love Nicki and I like some parts of this performance but not the whole thing. First of all, again songs are awkwardly mixed together and it doesn't flow well. Also, Britney should never appear here bringing, let me say diplomaticaly, different energy :mazen: But Nicki is great :clap3:

1I9bdLb.png @PoKiTaurus

This will be soo hard to score. As a Madonna stan for me this is a piece of history but the performance itself always felt weird to me. The choreo is giving NPC and doesn't fit well with the song. It's like the performer here is more important than the choreo or even the song because of her energy and iconic look. It gets better towards the end tho, when's kinda running around.

wjBRCep.png @blackoutbaby

not the DJ screaming :redface: Can't believe I'm saying this but Ellen saved this performance from being too boring. Idk what to say about this, it's kinda typicall beginning - ok, nothing special, it's just kinda there.

AVSzFxJ.png @dejmieeen

Natalia Nykiel our polish queen of electro :clap3:I love her debut and this song was a hit (nie umiem być sukoa). Her look is interesting and she is going hard vocally while being obviously nervous. I will be biased with her and praise everything she does :gaycat2:

LuAQ1Hw.png @Legend E

I like the sass here :clap3:And the whole performance not being focused just on the main singer but the whole band. It's giving.

DAMN, y'all kinda powerful team:celestial3:Randomizer did y'all good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ub1p8i5.png @Moonlightbae

Y'all won't be getting easy points from me for vocals :sorry: I like a show, don't care for "amazing voice". But that doesn't mean I didn't like this performance. Ariana has something magnetic about her, it's her presence itself that makes her a star and that shows here. 

YivJzmV.png @Jai

aww, that was actually so sweet. Just a chill, cute vibe and intimate home performance. It's not easy to get me with a ballad but this video did that :clap3:

vTW1FQM.png @Invisibility

I'm sooo glad someone went with FKA twigs. She is such a special, interesting and creative artist. This performance is truly something special, from the song itself to the place where it was shot. I'm stanning HARD, whew this moved me :cries:

qdGLMhV.png @Overprotected

The song, her stage presence, energy, everything... You don't debut like that and then dissapear. She went there and showed that she is here to stay.

XaYbkFE.png @Psycho 

The way even horrible quality can't ruin the way she is serving. I know some stans don't like her first albums because they are typical 80s cheese but what's the most important here is her charisma here - she's bursting with positive energy and let's notice how she's still giving this today. 

AgkxZF1.png @Kylie Verzosa

I like the theatrics here, and the quitar and her presence too. They are both so passionate in this video, it feels contagious.

mOyBU8s.png @thecptz

A serve tbh :clap3:And that look is a slay. This pefromance felt like a fun party that everyone is invited to and I love this vibe.

Get-i-get-an-amen GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Edited by stupidjock
  • Like 1

Please continue.

kordeilogy_-_1692283744965804447.gif?wid

we can get a SLAY up in here

4 minutes ago, thecptz said:

we can get a SLAY up in here

that rupaul video is the perfect closer of this round imho xoxo