πŸ‘‘ The Ultimate TABS S2 is...... (results at page 339)

Yvess

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yvess

• Kern

• Year of Shadow

• khalyan

Top Posters In This Topic

At first I wanted to send the ABBA sample for "dull".Β 

Β 

In this track, Madonna chose not to express creativity. Instead, she sampled ABBA. Thus, this is creativly speaking, a dull track since sonically it isn't an original instrumental.Β 

• ATRL Moderator
5 hours ago, stupidjock said:

I absolutely don't wanna see any more quitsΒ q-words before the elimination ruining my favorite event of the game. I want messy votings, tiara usage, treason

If you want people to use tiaras, then you are going to have to give people tiaras!Β 

2 hours ago, Invisibility said:

Where are @lacyΒ and @fountain at tbh?

fountain sent his scores so it means he might not post crits

we're just waiting on lacy now hihih

8 hours ago, stupidjock said:

I absolutely don't wanna see any more quitsΒ q-words before the elimination ruining my favorite event of the game. I want messy votings, tiara usage, treason

Β 

Β 

16 minutes ago, stupidjock said:

@lacyΒ being like - it’s coming tonight but it’s notΒ 

drag ha!!!!

ummm im gonna be busy tomorrow so i kinda wanna move on to the next phase of the game.

so i will just be on standby for @lacy's scores and crits but ultimately, we will have our results today at 9AM EDT

Β 

thank you!

Β 

@InvisibilityΒ @Queen.

@blackoutbabyΒ @Jai

@OverprotectedΒ @khalyan

@Julia FoxΒ @Dessy

@Hey DudeΒ @Psycho

@Legend EΒ @fiercE

@ZORBITΒ @Kylie Verzosa

Β 

@stupidjockΒ @fountainΒ @MusicLoverDudeΒ @CBCΒ @lacy

Β 

Edited by Yvess

1 minute ago, stupidjock said:

no pressure but it's been like 84 years

yes let's get to the messy elimination phase asap :duca:Β 

8 hours ago, Invisibility said:

Where are @lacyΒ and @fountain at tbh?

I didn’t have time to write comments this round I’m afraid, it aligned with work days, but I sent scores a while ago and of course gave you a great one Β 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, stupidjock said:

at least I know my favorite round is coming nowΒ :jonny:

ugh my mind, where's my reward bb

Β Β 

spacer.png

Β 

STOP YELLING AT ME

Β 

Hello sweeties, Miss Livvyboo here, a little late because I'm sick. But I've just sent in my rankings and I'm here to drop my notes!

Β 

I was really impressed this week by how much the assignment was understood by so many of you, I've handed out so many 10s this week it's crazy.

Β 

Even if not strictly what this round was about I've enjoyed looking for colour imagery in the submissions that tie back to the desired theme.

Β 

Anyways, enough rambles, thank you for having me, apologies for the lateness, let me hurry up and post this before I get attacked.

Β 

GREEN

Spoiler

Nicki:

Β 

Prosperity has been FOUND and DELIVERED. The short but simple β€œI win, Thrive.” says it all.

I’d have loved to hear about some personal growth from Nicki but on this track she’s more sort of feeling herself and hyping herself up rather than growing as a person. We’re seeing the after effects of the growth, not the growth itself.

This final point has nothing to do with your ranking but it’s a kii you sent in a song from an album called β€œPink Friday” to represent green nn

Β 

FKA Twigs:

Β 

β€œStop playing with those other girls” you have taken the subject matter and ran with it from the instant the song started

I love how the possessiveness went both ways. She’s both possessive and actively trying to be possessed by her partner

Even the details of this song translate back to the theme, β€œlook into my eyes, my eyes”, she is DEMANDING that attention and making sure no one else has his gaze.

RED

Spoiler

Rihanna:

Β 

There isn’t all that much to be said that you have not included within your description. You needed a song on love and you picked a song that zips around in many different directions but is always perfectly centred on love.

I must say I like the irony of the line β€œit beats me black and blue” considering we're going for red nn

The track also makes several references to fire, fire being associated with the colour red also

Overall a great selection perfectly on theme and a pleasure to listen to

Β 

SZA:

Β 

The perfect Yang to Rih’s Yin.

I love how you can really feel the love in this song, but just that little disconnect spirals that same emotion into such a negative light.

β€œStick around cuz’ I want to” is such a simple line but really summarises the message imo

ORANGE

Spoiler

Mariah Carey:

Β 

You have SNATCHED confidence with β€œMe and my girls on the floor like what” alone

The imagery behind β€œCaution, it’s so explosive” is also perfectly orange

I love how many of the emotions tied to orange you’ve managed to fit into one song, great submission

Β 

Jessica Simpson:

Β 

I feel like you were lowkey set up with the emotions you had to try and find, so I’m especially impressed at you delivering here

I love the yin and yang of you and Mariah here, both songs incorporating spending time with your girls, with Mariah’s being the fun time together, and yours being the emotional support you need from your besties.

GRAY

Spoiler

Ciara:

Β 

An excellent and well thought out submission perfectly on theme

β€œWhen this life tries to wreck you, I protect you” encapsulates everything so well

The β€œhey, hey, I got you”’s are so calming

There isn’t much to say that wasn’t already covered in your description but this is a perfect submission

Β 

Shakira:

Β 

She literally sings β€œmy days without you are so dark, so long, so grey”

There’s other colour imagery including β€œmy days without you are like a sky, without silvery moons”

Perfect teamwork imo, with Ciara’s being about her sticking by her child, making sure he’s never alone, and yours being about loneliness

TAN

Spoiler

Kylie Minogue:

Β 

This is one of those songs I didn’t know that I knew until it got to the hook, which brings another layer to the dependable section to me, why? Because what makes tan dependable? I think it has to do with tan as a colour choice in decoration, it may not be the flashiest but it’ll never look bad and it’ll always stand the test of time. I feel like that’s what I experienced today pressing play on this song. It’s an older song compared to what I usually listen to, yet it’s aged gracefully, still sounds beautiful, and is still an ear worm all this time later, as a song, it itself is dependable.

Your description has done the rest of my job for me, the calming and repetitive β€œI believe in you” does perfectly serve that trust and reliability, another great choice imo

Β 

Madonna:

Β 

I’m putting as much work into my notes for you as you put into your song choice.

Β 

No.

BLUE

Spoiler

P!nk:

Β 

At first glance I was disappointed your description was so short but I quickly realised why, the song speaks for itself, literally a song comparing love to a trust fall, perfectly capturing the love, trust, and security elements

At this point I know I’m reaching but β€œP!nk” covering the colour blue, then β€œIt’s a trust fall, baby” - what colours to babies wear? Pink or blue, I love when things line up like that omg

There’s more general colour imagery in here imo with the β€œWhat if we just fall?” Because when imagining falling I tend to imagine falling either through the sky or into water, both of which are blue

Even with my reaching aside, a very solid submission perfectly on theme, assignment understood!

Β 

Kelly Clarkson:

Β 

The intro perfectly taps into the blue theme, β€œAre you watching me?” Is giving fear/paranoia whilst β€œAs I lie here on the floor” can tie into the coldness, as the floors, particularly bathroom floors, tend to be chilly.

β€œCan you feel how cold I am?” - very blatant tie in to theme here

I also like the mentions of crying, crying is also heavily associated with sadness and the colour blue

PURPLE

Spoiler

Tinashe:

Β 

I don’t see the vision here, this track is supposed to paint the image of luxury but instead I’m hearing β€œI can’t cop the coupe”, β€œMobbing through the hills”, - we’d have been better off hearing about how she copped the coupe and no longer needs to be mobbing

We do however have ambition present, such as the line β€œBad as I wanna, only chasing commas”

Bop of a track, but I don’t think this taps into the purple themes enough sadly

Β 

ROSALIA:

Β 

Lyrically, you’ve not given us much to work with here

Sound wise though, this is incredibly moody and mysterious, so many of the sounds feel out of left field you never really know what’s coming next as the track progresses but it’s giving such moody, angry, and powerful vibes that to me the purple theme is still unmistakably present, not the strongest entry, but still very enjoyable.

And with that, I look forward to you all describing how you would like to quit because you got a 9/10 not a 10/10, see you next week mwah mwah

Β 

@InvisibilityΒ @Queen.

@blackoutbabyΒ @Jai

@OverprotectedΒ @khalyan

@Julia FoxΒ @Dessy

@Hey DudeΒ @Psycho

@Legend EΒ @fiercE

@ZORBITΒ @Kylie Verzosa

Β 

@stupidjockΒ @fountainΒ @MusicLoverDudeΒ @CBCΒ @lacy

@Yvess

spacer.png