👑 The Ultimate TABS S2 is...... (results at page 339)

Yvess

BAep2K0.png

MZudJfy(1).thumb.gif.018912544cc5638eccd

TRRk4os.png

ENG2Hgm_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium&fbclid=IwAR1f-ElfAe6fiDhMuRIqo_ufR9PB9FFGa6Wvpdb9x7WpWPdIWIBOJlxwHGo

gzQU2A6.png      56sMz7f.png     

sXkqyKi.png      faTZKdx.png     

@Julia Fox @khalyan @D e v o n @fiercE

Shakira - Inevitable
Pull thru Miss Shaki Shaki! This is a great sad song to emote to especially if you're into pop rock elements. I can see that you really ticked the boxes in finding a sad song for this round. The lyrical content is also strong esp when you read the translated lyrics. Strong round, Miss Shaki Shaki! 

Jessica Simpson - Particles
You got me with the first line of this song. Successica really knows how to use her vocal pipes in making this cover of an already great song turn into another powerful ballad. Whenever she sings the parts of the pre-chorus up to the chorus, I feel like I am being torn into pieces in a great way. I love emoting to sad songs and this is definitely a sure-fire addition to that playlist of mine. I wanted more from her and this song, this is absolute perfection. SLAY MY PARTICLES, DADDY SUCCESSICA!!!!

Katy Perry - The One That Got Away (Acoustic)
I will applaud you for having the GUTS (out now worldwide) in sending the same song again. This may be a polarizing choice for others but I will judge this song fair and square - this song will always give me the feels. The acoustic version is a good choice because I love Katy's unplugged vocals tbh. Songs like this will always be immortal so I can't blame you for sending this because it is a strong entry tbh. But of course, try to be diverse in your entry picks but that doesn't mean you sending in tracks from Smile or Witness (lmao jk)

Pink - I Don't Believe You 
This round is the round for pop rock chicks to eclipse the competition tbh. Having said that, did you get to deliver this round? Of course! I am not so sure if Pink got other sadder songs aside from Who Knewsus but this is definitely a grower. What I like most about this track is we got a break from Pink's belting vocals, I love the vocal restraint she showcased here, some girls might oversing some parts of a sad song but thankfully she didn't need to do that to convey what this round needs. A great round for you!

CGG1JDu_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium&fbclid=IwAR3o_BdFbAnbbnAw0FwEd-3MSadPa8hrbnp8g8UuNWDc_FQSL_AOu-_lmRE

36w3XsQ.png      qZkFpdv.png     HHyBFh6.png 

1I9bdLb.png      wjBRCep.png     LuAQ1Hw.png 

@Dessy @ZORBIT @Queen. @PoKiTaurus @blackoutbaby @Legend E

Ciara - I Bet
I think this is not the template sad song you will expect to see from this round but lemme just say that her vocals here is such a winner. The lyrical content is cute and I can see why you picked it. I love the hook of this song, it is like she is in love with him still but is pretending to be ok without him. Cute!

Tinashe - Know Better
Yes, vocals. Yes, melody. Yes, power storytelling! Tinashe is the one to look out for, she is not just your dancing r&b pop girlie, she can also belt out. That vocal moment when she first sang the line - "I AM AFRAID" lives rent free in my mind. The progression of this song is a great ride esp the latter parts, total slayage!

Nicki Minaj - Grand Piano
Nicki, you surprised me in this round in a very great way. You deserve to get your long-awaited flowers in this game with this great entry you picked. The first note you held in this song, I already know I am in for an emotional ride, almost made me question if it was really from you. That just shows how blown away I am. Standing ovation for proving us wrong because we all thought that...

5ZTK.gif

YOU DID THAT!

Madonna - Drowned World / Substitute for Love
Not totally moved by this song yet with first listen. But it is a grower deffo! Not my most favorite entry from you but it is not a bad entry at all.

Rihanna - Stay
Ooffff, you have no business making me feel sad errr I take it back, you have all the right to make me sad esp if this song is what you play. Strong pick Riri! Slay me!!!

Kelly Clarkson - Maybe 
I will be seething if you don't pick a song from this emotional album. Just like Pink, pop rock chics have an edge in this round and you delivered and did what you had to do. Stunning vocals and I love some sad guitar.

xK4cqUE_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

YivJzmV.png      vTW1FQM.png     XaYbkFE.png 

qdGLMhV.png      AgkxZF1.png     AVSzFxJ.png 

@Jai @Invisibility @Psycho @Overprotected @Kylie Verzosa @dejmieeen

SZA - Special
A cute track and the more I listen to it, the more I feel sad - which is a good sign for this round, right? SZA really makes songs like this feel more genuine with her heartfelt vocals. The instrumental in the beginning is wonderful.

FKA twigs - Cellophane
I love the storytelling I get from the vocal changes/acrobatics. The lyrics are so strong, what more can I ask for?

Kylie Minogue - Bittersweet Goodbye
I love when Disco Goddesses deliver great lullabies, that's what I get from this track. This song shined more in this round thanks to the sad instrumentations. Great pick!

Mariah Carey - Outside
Mimi, you have a lot of choices for this round and going with this surprised me. I am not saying that in a bad way tho because I feel like Mimi delivered in the vocals department in this song so I can say I am pleased. Decent pick!

Rosalia - Lo Vas A Olvidar
So nice of you to include your fallen tabsistren this round. Interesting choice because I never thought the both of them can collaborate and make a great song like this. KUDOS!

Natalia Nykiel - The Lovers
Oh English song, wow oh wow. I like her vocals here but I am looking for extra oomph to find this song to make it my rubrics for this round. Maybe I am looking for more ooomph in this song to make it more emotional methinks. 

iZ9c8Sj.png

@stupidjock @fountain @CBC @MusicLoverDude@Not Like The Movies@lacy

Edited by Yvess
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yvess

• Kern

• Year of Shadow

• khalyan

Top Posters In This Topic

such a strong round :clap3: 

This is by far the most hardest round to judge because everyone delivered

DESERVING OF SINGLE ELIMINATION ONLY

(double was originally planned but changed bcs of the ratings from the previous round results)

giphy.gif

Edited by Yvess
  • Like 2

Will this ranking change after round 5?

Let's see!

AxaDa0i.png

D92BIAE.png

2OOwARB.png

5bRCOQK.png

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Psycho said:

Renaissance

i will put u back to reneigh on the next combined leaderboard hihi

• ATRL Moderator

I don’t understand, if the song was allowed to be entered this round then why are judges saying they dislike the entry due to it being entered already?  You don’t get to make that call tbh judges!  If it’s eligible it’s eligible and you should judge it like everyone else!

12 minutes ago, khalyan said:

Thank you @Yvess for the critiques :heart:

you're welcome Miss Particles Chanteuse

28 minutes ago, khalyan said:

I don’t understand, if the song was allowed to be entered this round then why are judges saying they dislike the entry due to it being entered already?  You don’t get to make that call tbh judges!  If it’s eligible it’s eligible and you should judge it like everyone else!

it is allowed to send in TOTGA this round since it was only used in the Music Video round. I wont accept it if it violated the rules. Maybe MLD just wanted to see ToY or other ballad from Katy lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

this round was really hard, my bottom 4 were really great entries for the round, that's really saying something on how you girls slayed hard :jonny3:

8 hours ago, MusicLoverDude said:

@Dessy - Ciara - I Bet 

I've always liked this song, but this wasn't a sad song at all. The song expresses different emotions - more like HA HA I GOT THE LAST LAUGH type of emotions. Like, she's giving him the middle finger lyrically and just calling out all his crap. If anything, this song is more angry than sad. So yeah, complete misfire

I'm sorry but hard disagree. The song has a complexity of emotions. Anger is definitely there but the sadness, disappointment, and regret are also there in the verses and outro. Not to mention the production itself having a melancholic sound. I respect whatever score you give me but I refuse to accept that there isn't sadness present in the song

• Like 1

ty for your critiques judges :heart: i hope my team could take a breathe but it seems impossible atp

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Julia Fox said:

ty for your critiques judges :heart: i hope my team could take a breathe but it seems impossible atp

Never say never :lakitu:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Yvess said:

Katy Perry - The One That Got Away (Acoustic)
(...) This may be a polarizing choice for others but I will judge this song fair and square - (...)

@fountain@CBC @MusicLoverDude@Not Like The Movies@lacy

So was Daddy @MusicLoverDude NOT fair and square?

spacer.png

Spoiler

:coffee:

• ATRL Moderator
4 minutes ago, fiercE said:

Everyone expecting Who Knew :coffee2:

Reveal hidden contents

:lakitu:

Tumblr: Image

Who Knew is too upbeat for me to truly consider it a sad song :lakitu: