Doja Cat doing better after dissing fans. Surprised?

Green

Surprised?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Surprised?

• Yes
    • No

- Attention flopped

- Doja has meltdown and insults fans on twitter

- People thinks she will be cancelled for this and she's over

- Paint The Town Red predicted to go top 10 soon after debuting at #15. Serving organic hit

Great airplay increases

#8 on Apple Music (new peak)

#5 on Spotify (new peak)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's true what they say: no bad is bad press. She made headlines with her controversy and that led people to check out her material.

110843_original.gif

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AbeHicks said:

no bad is bad press

Definitely not true

ot:

She makes good music :cm:

Might as well change the title to “Tik Tok FODDER is smashing - surprised?” 

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, AbeHicks said:

It's true what they say: no bad is bad press. She made headlines with her controversy and that led people to check out her material.

But ain't the bad press good?

The disrespect's real, how this Patek look?

Pull out the checkbook, now why yo' neck crook?

I never learn to "superstar" from a textbook

Talkin' 'bout, "She fallin' off, why she get booked?"

Man, I been humble, I'm tired of all the deprecation

Just let me flex, bruh, just let me pop ****

"Why she think she Nicki M? She think she hot ****"

Huh, I never gave a F, go stir the pot, *****

I got y'all head all in the dirt just like an ostrich

Of course you ******* comparin' Doja to who the hottest

• Thanks 2

Attention was always a promo single 

• Confused 1

no. who love gays these days?
GP are tired of them that's why republicans are toping the charts with cuntry music

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

She deserves it. Half the streams from pain the town red is from my Spotify account. She had me SHOOK this era! :coffee:

• Like 1

she’s getting illuminati payola from satan 

at least attention added a new layer to her sound (probably what turned people off) but the new single sounds like a standard album track from five years ago which is ironic cause isn’t this supposedly her anti-mainstream era? 

Edited by Jjang

I am surprised tbh, after Attention flopping I thought this era would go downhill. I'm happy for her, but I hope this album sounds more like 'Attention' and less like this song 

"fans" are like 5% of who listen to an artist as big as Doja and care about press about her.

The GP just want bops to blast. 

• Like 4

lowkey yes

i was expecting her to bomb :emofish:

Edited by hallucinate
  • Haha 2

i am surprised cause attention is a million times better than whatever PTTR is

• Like 1

Shes dropping quality music that's why :clap3:

Wait attention is like one of her best songs after streets? I still don't understand how it flopped but both songs are great either way.

lol you can’t take the hitmaker out of DOJA CAT. ATRL needs to wake up and smell the flowers because she’s not going anywhere anytime soon. :laugh:

15 minutes ago, Tropical said:

"fans" are like 5% of who listen to an artist as big as Doja and care about press about her.

The GP just want bops to blast. 

this! once the GP disposes of doja, her career will be over because she doesn’t have a fanbase anymore unfortunately… but until then we still have all her bops :smiley:

im surprised just because i prefer planet her's sound

Go up to anyone on the street and ask them about “the Doja Cat controversy.” Maybe 10% would even know what you’re referring to, and 2% of people would know particulars about the tweets. No one cares :skull: The weighted importance ATRL applies to Twitter and TikTok “scandals” of the week is radically exaggerated. They just use popstars for their bops, that’s their job description.

• Like 3

Not that we needed more proof of this, but this is yet another example that hyper-online fanbases don’t actually matter :toofunny2: The only artist I can think of whose dedicated fanbase actually makes a consistent long-term impact on the artist’s commercial performance is Taylor, but that’s because her fanbase is so huge it might as well be the GP itself :rip:

I still think Doja’s comments were unnecessary and mean-spirited, but she knew she could make them because she knows her online fans ultimately don’t make much of a difference in terms of how commercially successful she is. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shelven said:

Not that we needed more proof of this, but this is yet another example that hyper-online fanbases don’t actually matter :toofunny2: The only artist I can think of whose dedicated fanbase actually makes a consistent long-term impact on the artist’s commercial performance is Taylor, but that’s because her fanbase is so huge it might as well be the GP itself :rip:

Or Nicki/BTS for…other reasons :chick1:

Just now, Rotunda said:

Or Nicki/BTS for…other reasons :chick1:

Yeah, the reference fo “long-term” was meant to eliminate #1 debuts that ultimately don’t really become actual hits :eli:

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.