3) Fearless + Fearless TV

4) Red + Red TV

5) Lover

6) Reputation

7) Folklore

8) Speak Now + Speak Now TV

9) Taylor Swift + Taylor Swift TV

10) Evermore :(

I’ve been thinking about what the ranking may look like by 2030.  I think it might be.

1) 1989+TV (obviously this will remain her biggest album)

2) RED + TV (this will slowly pass fearless given the status it has in the fandom)

3) Fearless + TV (LS and YBWM are two of her many signature classics and will keep propelling this album)

4) Lover (as much as it pains me, this album will continue to be her biggest post 1989 album by 2030 with longevity from CS, L, and album tracks like PR)

5) Midnights (the only thing holding back midnights is the fact that it will only have one tent pole single.  If MR however gets a moment in the future, I can see this ahead of lover)

6) Reputation + TV (I think the TV can keep this just slightly ahead of folklore)

7) folklore (this album will continue to have great longevity especially with August resurrecting every year.

8) Speak Now + TV (there is nothing sad about an album that may still cross 20m EAS being 8th.

9) Taylor Swift + TV (deserves better)

10) Evermore (most successful B side Grammy campaign of all time) 

6 minutes ago, byzantium said:

I’ve been thinking about what the ranking may look like by 2030.  I think it might be.

1) 1989+TV (obviously this will remain her biggest album)

2) RED + TV (this will slowly pass fearless given the status it has in the fandom)

3) Fearless + TV (LS and YBWM are two of her many signature classics and will keep propelling this album)

4) Lover (as much as it pains me, this album will continue to be her biggest post 1989 album by 2030 with longevity from CS, L, and album tracks like PR)

5) Midnights (the only thing holding back midnights is the fact that it will only have one tent pole single.  If MR however gets a moment in the future, I can see this ahead of lover)

6) Reputation + TV (I think the TV can keep this just slightly ahead of folklore)

7) folklore (this album will continue to have great longevity especially with August resurrecting every year.

8) Speak Now + TV (there is nothing sad about an album that may still cross 20m EAS being 8th.

9) Taylor Swift + TV (deserves better)

10) Evermore (most successful B side Grammy campaign of all time) 

This is actually a great analysis too! Although I would still put Midnights ahead of Lover.

Not you dissing Evermore :skull:

Folklore + Evemore is definitely bigger than Reputation. Maybe we should start counting them as one era since they were released very close to each other, plus they have similar aesthetic (both are being in the woods/forestry). Similar to how the Little Monsters would always combine The Fame + The Fame Monster. :giraffe:

It's not too late for Midnight Rain to the pushed as Midnights' final single. It would also be the perfect next single after Cruel Summer. Quite sad that Midnights didn't have its own full era like her first seven albums. :(

37 minutes ago, BtDecember said:

This is actually a great analysis too! Although I would still put Midnights ahead of Lover.

Not you dissing Evermore :skull:

Folklore + Evemore is definitely bigger than Reputation. Maybe we should start counting them as one era since they were released very close to each other, plus they have similar aesthetic (both are being in the woods/forestry). Similar to how the Little Monsters would always combine The Fame + The Fame Monster. :giraffe:

I agree.  Folklore and Evermore are sister albums part of the same artistic era.  One is a spring & summer album, the other is a fall & winter album.  Personally when I rank my favorite Taylor albums, I rank them as one album because artistically that is how they fit together.  

• Like 1

Midnights will go Diamond before Red despite the latter moving ~8M units in the US so that one :deadbanana4:

Midnights slightly

Red has better individual songs, but Midnights is a much better album with an expertly put together track list 

• Like 1

Midnights is bigger and better, I find Red to be incredibly overrated 

not the vote is very 50:50

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.