Is Call Me Maybe the biggest mpg song this century?

VioletsandRoses

The only mpg songs that outsold it are Poker Face and Someone Like You/Rolling in the Deep 

It smashed in every continent, including Asia where most mpg’s struggle. 

Is Call Me Maybe the biggest mpg song this century?

5 minutes ago, VioletsandRoses said:

The only mpg songs that outsold it are Poker Face and Someone Like You/Rolling in the Deep 

I mean you answered your own question in the OP

Edited by Saintlor
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

:rip:

5 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

Besides those songs obviously. English isn’t my first language 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LiamVillain said:

carly is a mpg now?

On atrl yes 

smoore95GAGA

1. Carly isn’t a MPG

2. No :cm:

How can it be if there are multiple songs that outsold it? 

it certainly is one of the biggest hits of all time that is undeniable. 

2 hours ago, VioletsandRoses said:

It smashed in every continent, including Asia where most mpg’s struggle. 

where do you get this information cuz i swear i read somewhere that Dark Horse is the biggest female song?  And isn't Firework ahead of Poker Face?

:deadbanana4:Not even close to being the biggest song of the 2010’s from a main pop girl. 

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

42 minutes ago, spree said:

where do you get this information cuz i swear i read somewhere that Dark Horse is the biggest female song?  And isn't Firework ahead of Poker Face?

Dark Horse and Firework are one of the biggest hits in the US but not WW which is the topic of the thread. Dark Horse is at 9.5m digital sales WW and Firework is at 12.8m digital sales WW. Nowhere near the 18+m that Call Me Maybe did. Firework isn’t above Poker Face either especially WW. It sold over 20 million and has much better streams. I got these sales from Chartmasters BTW. Plus certifications can prove those sales. 

2 hours ago, naval23 said:

Hello, Bleeding Love, Hips Don't Lie

Eh Hello had a massive start but all three of those songs sold “only” 12 million each. CMM sold 18m. Hips don’t lie wasn’t a big hit in Asia either, which has big music markets like South Korea and Japan where singles sell a lot. 

21 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

:deadbanana4:Not even close to being the biggest song of the 2010’s from a main pop girl. 

What other 2010 MPG sold 18m and was #1 ifpi? It’s also very remembered. Over 1b on Spotify and 1.5b on YouTube. 

Chartmasters isn't a legit source tho.  I thought this has been discussed dozens of times. 

3 minutes ago, spree said:

Chartmasters isn't a legit source tho.  I thought this has been discussed dozens of times. 

You can believe what you want to believe, but certifications are right there. Poker Face and CMM outsold Firework/Dark Horse in every market. They’re all about similar sized hits in the Us too. Diamond with around 12m units. 

I'd say it's top 5

Someone Like You, Rolling In The Deep and Sweet But Psycho are above it

yea i wont argue WW.  I didn't realize that.  Where is Hello?  Where is We Found Love?

Edited by spree

It’s the biggest MPG pure pop hit of the 21st century. 

I don’t know but i know for sure it’s paying her bills till this day :bird:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.