Is it wrong to speculate what work celebrities have had done?

St. Charles

Is it?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Is it wrong to speculate?

I think it's fine as long as you're

1. not claiming to be some authority on it and 

2. regarding it as what it is - speculation

• Like 1

As Kathy Griffin once so wisely said, "If you see a pretty lady over 30 in Hollywood, she's had some work done."

I think it's fine to discuss the fact that most celebrities have had work done. If you are casting judgement and shaming them, that's different. Until your face is photographed hundreds of time and plastered over the world in extreme high definition to be subject to ridicule, scorn and judgement, then you have no business discussing the actions of those who are in this position and choose to amend how they look.

• Like 2

is it wrong to literally have a pair of eyes and being able to observe changes? nein

• Like 5

The reason it's usually wrong is because it's usually done in bad faith. "Speculation" is oftentimes used as a veil for people's blatant misogyny and need to attack certain people. 

it's none of our business. mind y'all uglee faces i fear :gaycat:

• Thumbs Down 1

It's also wrong to lie about it and saying 'just drink water and sleep well' when they've obviously had work done. Lol when Kylie J said she didn't fill up her lips 

Edited by Wooper
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wooper said:

It's also wrong to lie about it and saying 'just drink water and sleep well' when they've obviously had work done. Lol when Kylie J said she didn't fill up her lips 

this. it's important to be transparent rather than giving impressionable young people false hopes ESPECIALLY as a public figure who relies on their visuals to sell.

No, because Hollywood’s beauty trends and standards have implications that ultimately affect society at large. Which is why I’m especially in favor of pointing out how **** random trends like buccal fat removal look and establishing how unnecessary they are. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

These folks do this **** for a living. 

Id speculate on an every day person so what makes a celebrity special? 

• Like 1

No, these people are public figures. Say it with me, P U B L I C F I G U R E S.

If anything they should feel morally obligated to disclose the work they've had done since they set our beauty standards.

• Like 1

Celebrities are the ones who are wrong for creating impossible expectations

It's important to point out that is not real 

No these are public figures. They choose to go out and get photohraphed....

I draw the line at commeting at someones instagram

I keep it to a minimum online but it's pretty obvious who has had work done, not really worth further discussion unless they're lying and setting unrealistic expectations for young people. 

Celebrities do have a right to privacy, so we don't want people stalking celebrities outside their front door, or when they are with non-celebrity friends, and no one should be setting up cameras and microphones in places where they should expect privacy and people shouldn't hack into hospital records or anything like that.

But the things public figures present to the public, when they know they are in the public eye are different. If your fave turns up on SNL with a new dress, or a new face, or a new race, it's only natural that people will speculate on where it came from.

This is especially true for the ones promoting diet/beauty products. People have a right to question whether their appearance is due to the use of those products or due to other reasons.

• Like 1

IDGI. If you're a public figure, I don't think you get to pick and choose what is/isn't discussed about you? There are instances where I would PERSONALLY draw the line (e.g. drastic weight loss could be an underlining health issue [Traci Braxton, Chadwick, etc.] so I personally don't speculate on that), but at the end of the day it's the name of the game of being in the public eye

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.