Rank these Björk producers

sunbathinganimal

Rank these Björk producers  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Best?

2. 2. Worst?

Björk has worked with many different producers across her prolific multi-decade career, which of the following produced her best and worst work?

Nellee Hooper

Mark Bell

Björk solo

Timbaland

Arca

arca > bjork herself > mark bell > matmos (hi hi :flower:) >  nelle hooper > timbaland in that order :cm: 

• Like 1

STOP THE VOLTA SLANDER IMMEDIATELY

• Thanks 2

Timbaland is a great producer but his work with B was not the best. She worked with him at the wrong time I think when he went all pop..

Björk is the best producer

Best - Bjork

Worst - Mark Bell

46 minutes ago, Pendulum said:

STOP THE VOLTA SLANDER IMMEDIATELY

Volta has many good songs, I never got the hate... Wanderlust, Dull Flame, Pneumonia, I See Who You Are, Vertebrae, Declare are all great. She should have added Trance and Softly and removed some others

Edited by Shimenawa

33 minutes ago, sunbathinganimal said:

Björk > Mark Bell > Nellee Hooper > Timbaland > Arca :coffee2:

Yeah probably this. I love Arca, but Utopia was NOT it and everyone else has an almost perfect track record (well Timbaland's was either really good or pretty bad nn).

• Like 1

First of all, it's important to note that Björk has produced / co-produced virtually her entire solo discography. I saw a member mentioning Matmos, when Björk has defended her work on Vespertine since release, commenting that Matmos did additional work two weeks prior to her deadline. It also happened with Volta; Timbaland worked on two and only two songs on that album, but it's usually thought as Björk's Timbaland-produced project. Also on Vulnicura people came to the conclusion that it was all Arca when Arca herself stated that Vulnicura is like 70% B, 20% Arca. The OP lists Stonemilker as an Arca work, when actually Björk did the production. Not to the same extent, but a similar situation happens with Fossora; easily one of Björk's best productions, but the addition of Kasimyn (who's great btw) kind of made people think he did everything on the album.

Ultimately, I feel like Björk herself is her best producer. Her most stellar solo work is arguably All Is Full Of Love. It's absolutely beautiful yet hard-hitting, emotional, has an astonishing climax and it sounds fresh as hell even 25 years later. Hidden Place, It's Not Up to You, Undo, Aurora, Unison... Vespertine is one of the best produced albums of all time. Also Medúlla; some highlights being Pleasure Is All Mine and Who Is It. Working with only vocal sounds must've been a challenge. Let's not forget about Selmasongs and Overture. Wanderlust, Thunderbolt, Virus... and her newer stuff of course, like Sorrowful Soil and Ancestress.

Personally, I'd put Arca as her second best producer. She brought depth and texture to the table. Lionsong, Black Lake, Notget, Mouth Mantra, The Gate... their music together is multi-dimensional and euphoric, and also she let Björk become more emotive and confessional. Also I feel like Björk took a lot from her, as we can notice in Fossora.

Nellee Hooper and Björk marked an era in music; their sound was forward-thinking yet trend-setting. Venus as a Boy, Come to Me, Aeroplane, Isobel, Possibly Maybe, and of course Hyperballad -- all these songs still stand strong. His production was vibrant and eclectic. They do have some songs that sound straight of the 90s, like Violently Happy and Big Time Sensuality, but that's natural. Big Time Sensuality Remix is the superior version.

Mark Bell well he was the ultimate legend producer from Björk's catalogue. Together, they made Hunter, Jóga, All Neon Like, Oceania... that's enough to say. Out of all her producers he's the one who had the most timeless sounds. Hunter, I can't believe it was released in the 90s, it still sounds from the future. The bass, the beats, her voice. It's incredible.

Timbaland sucked. Innocence is one of her worst songs.

3 minutes ago, Kevin Parker said:

First of all, it's important to note that Björk has produced / co-produced virtually her entire solo discography. I saw a member mentioning Matmos, when Björk has defended her work on Vespertine since release, commenting that Matmos did additional work two weeks prior to her deadline. It also happened with Volta; Timbaland worked on two and only two songs on that album, but it's usually thought as Björk's Timbaland-produced project. Also on Vulnicura people came to the conclusion that it was all Arca when Arca herself stated that Vulnicura is like 70% B, 20% Arca. The OP lists Stonemilker as an Arca work, when actually Björk did the production. Not to the same extent, but a similar situation happens with Fossora; easily one of Björk's best productions, but the addition of Kasimyn (who's great btw) kind of made people think he did everything on the album.

Ultimately, I feel like Björk herself is her best producer. Her most stellar solo work is arguably All Is Full Of Love. It's absolutely beautiful yet hard-hitting, emotional, has an astonishing climax and it sounds fresh as hell even 25 years later. Hidden Place, It's Not Up to You, Undo, Aurora, Unison... Vespertine is one of the best produced albums of all time. Also Medúlla; some highlights being Pleasure Is All Mine and Who Is It. Working with only vocal sounds must've been a challenge. Let's not forget about Selmasongs and Overture. Wanderlust, Thunderbolt, Virus... and her newer stuff of course, like Sorrowful Soil and Ancestress.

Personally, I'd put Arca as her second best producer. She brought depth and texture to the table. Lionsong, Black Lake, Notget, Mouth Mantra, The Gate... their music together is multi-dimensional and euphoric, and also she let Björk become more emotive and confessional. Also I feel like Björk took a lot from her, as we can notice in Fossora.

Nellee Hooper and Björk marked an era in music; their sound was forward-thinking yet trend-setting. Venus as a Boy, Come to Me, Aeroplane, Isobel, Possibly Maybe, and of course Hyperballad -- all these songs still stand strong. His production was vibrant and eclectic. They do have some songs that sound straight of the 90s, like Violently Happy and Big Time Sensuality, but that's natural. Big Time Sensuality Remix is the superior version.

Mark Bell well he was the ultimate legend producer from Björk's catalogue. Together, they made Hunter, Jóga, All Neon Like, Oceania... that's enough to say. Out of all her producers he's the one who had the most timeless sounds. Hunter, I can't believe it was released in the 90s, it still sounds from the future. The bass, the beats, her voice. It's incredible.

Timbaland sucked. Innocence is one of her worst songs.

I was going by the production credits listed on Wikipedia 🤷

Innocence is one of her worst songs.

:biblio:

surprised Timbaland is leading worst and not Arca, the two songs above are both bangers. are people assuming he produced the whole album?

Edited by sunbathinganimal

31 minutes ago, Kevin Parker said:

Innocence is one of her worst songs.

what the **** is this 

356232570_928134564943928_24737762807191

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, shookspeare said:

also Earth Intruders is a top tier B song 

finally some taste in this thread

Bjork solo is obviously better but tbh it shouldnt be a pool option, so i voted for Mark Bell.

Timbalad's only good Bjork production is Innocence.

I find it hard to rank but timberland is deffo worse for me than arca. Vulnicura is so good and Utopia hads grown on me a lot.

Bjork solo clearly the best. Vespertine :heart:

Edited by flower moon

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.