Kelly Clarkson - 'chemistry (deluxe)'

KevinKDC

Glad we are getting 5 brand new tracks and a new cover that is so much better than the standard edition

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Legend E

• KevinKDC

• Ampersand13

• HEAVYONIT

I wish she'd put the whole belasco show out as a live album, we know the whole thing was recorded

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Roses!! the verses are giving more grown-up Chivas :jonny4:

chorus is stunning as well, damn I'm so glad almost every song this era has been fantastic!

this is her best album she ever released! no bad songs, but when it was released i thought is her worst, then deluxe is coming and 19 masterpieces :heart:

I’m surprised at how many of y’all prefer the deluxe album cover to the standard . I’m literally a massive standard lover and thus the opposite

also, KCE saying Kelly is going to perform an “new anthem” in October. I wonder if “I won’t give up” is the “anthem” and the single given its title (I hope from the outside it’s not the cover me in sunshine song) 

Not this being released tomorrow and it being on page 6...where's the hype y'all?

• ATRL Moderator

Deluxe tracks are alright.

- I Won't Give Up - I really can't get behind the chorus, it just isn't clicking. The verses are great though!

- Did You Know - That intro sound was a jump scare :dies: This is fun to hear some specificity in the lyrics on this one. I like the concept of Kelly listing all these details of her favorite things/who she is juxtaposed with the conflict of a partner not truly knowing her

- You Don't Make Me Cry - I... the intros on these deluxe tracks :rip: A cute concept to start with River singing (and echoing in the chorus) but not sure it translated well. This one is not really doing anything for me. She has better sassy/breakup songs in her discography and on the standard, this isn't really adding much.

- Goodbye - I really really like the vibe of this one, the production adds some nice atmospheric elements. Vocals are top notch, and I love the structure. It's a more interesting listen than most of the songs on Chemistry tbh. This tugs on Roses' wig a biT, might overtake as my favorite from the deluxe.

- Roses - Current favorite of the bunch, just mixes all the things I like most about Kelly together :jamming:

• Like 1

goodbye and roses could've easily made the standart edition cut

i get why the other songs didn't make it though. they don't really stand out 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• ATRL Moderator

Honestly, I'm not feeling any of the deluxe tracks and I'm skeptical about that changing. They all seem pretty generic and redundant when you pair them up with the standard tracks. While chemistry as an album works, it suffers from being redundant thematically and I think a lot of this is because she isn't wanting to go into the detail of the fallout to protect her children. Totally fair and understandable. But, it does make some of the lyrical content feel rehashed.

Disn't really feel 'won't give up' and 'did you know'. 

'You don't make me cry' is very cute! 

She kinda ate with 'goodbye' didn't she? Wow. Stunning! I'll never get tired of getting shocked by bmher voice. Is any one else getting 'My December' vibes from this song? Should have replaced 'my mistake' or 'down to you' on the standard edition.

Goodbye should’ve been the album closer (on the standard ). Just gorgeous!

After hearing this album and the deluxe I really hope Kelly can grow more as an artist after this album. This is such a subpar effort overall. It has its moments but we've heard this sound and there is a lot of filler. I really hoped this was going to be this amazing powerful divorce album but it really is so weak. It feels like she didn't even really want to make this and had to do something because its been so long and it is very generic. She should work with new people 

Roses is by far the best of the deluxe for me. It’s a great earworm!

did you know is my next fave despite the sudden jolt start (and somewhat cringe lyrics), that melody is infectious. They should’ve worked through this one more cos that melody has a lot of potential.

genuinely couldn’t care less about the rest of them. Goodbye doesn’t do it for me (maybe cos it’s 3am and I’m too tired to appreciate it). The less said about the other two the better. You don’t make me cry being the focus track and subsequently getting tragic playlisting positions sums up how badly her team since being with Atlantic don’t know how to play the game 

Edited by BravoTangoWhiskey

Loving the deluxe tracks but DAMN....

Goodbye is THAT song!:clap3:

Love that vibe. Sounds like a classic

• Like 1

The deluxe tracks are fine. I just really wish this album had more standout singles.

Goodbye is the best song she's ever released omg. I need more of this sounds from her. The vocals, background whew. So amazing this album have so many songs.

The songs are fine but jesus... she cannot make a cohesive album to save her life. I usually like her eclectic mix but Chemistry was THE perfect album to make something cohesive and heartbreaking. 

Holy shh, she snapped in "goodbye". A slay.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.