Kelly Clarkson - 'chemistry (deluxe)'

KevinKDC

• ATRL Moderator

I like all the bonus tracks :alexz: She could have left those River Rose vocals off, but whatever, we can forgive her.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Legend E

• KevinKDC

• Ampersand13

• HEAVYONIT

Now WHY did miss clarkson give me a jump scare at the beginning of did you know? I actually like the production outside of that though.

I won’t give up is okay. I like the vibe but the chorus sucks and the production/mixed is muddled.

AND ANOTHER JUMP SCARE WITH YOU DONT MAKE ME CRY? Kelly, sis you ain’t Michael Myers

18 hours ago, Bloo said:

Honestly, I'm not feeling any of the deluxe tracks and I'm skeptical about that changing. They all seem pretty generic and redundant when you pair them up with the standard tracks. While chemistry as an album works, it suffers from being redundant thematically and I think a lot of this is because she isn't wanting to go into the detail of the fallout to protect her children. Totally fair and understandable. But, it does make some of the lyrical content feel rehashed.

Ditto. 

River Rose seems to take after her father vocally as well :coffee:

• Haha 1

Goodbye made me teary

On 9/21/2023 at 8:02 PM, If U Seek Amy said:

After hearing this album and the deluxe I really hope Kelly can grow more as an artist after this album. This is such a subpar effort overall. It has its moments but we've heard this sound and there is a lot of filler. I really hoped this was going to be this amazing powerful divorce album but it really is so weak. It feels like she didn't even really want to make this and had to do something because its been so long and it is very generic. She should work with new people 

I don't think she cares about growing as an artist anymore tbh. I guess we'll have to see with the next album. I agree with everything you said though.

Also its interesting how she made very generic songs (some gems though)  to protect her kids but chose to put river on a song thats dissing her father. Very strange

2 minutes ago, Maybe said:

I don't think she cares about growing as an artist anymore tbh. I guess we'll have to see with the next album. I agree with everything you said though.

Also its interesting how she made very generic songs (some gems though)  to protect her kids but chose to put river on a song thats dissing her father. Very strange

You're probably right honestly.

And I agree. It seems odd

For anyone who owns the CD, how does the booklet compare to the standard edition? Is it the same with lyrics for the bonus tracks? Are there any new photos? etc.. Please post HQ pics if possible! Thanks! :hug: :heart:

• ATRL Moderator

"goodbye" is one of the best songs on the entire album, WHEW!!! :WAP:

The rest of the bonus track are meh, I can see why they're not in the standard version.

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

Did You Know being the grower :jamming: Roses and Goodbye are still top notch obviously :heart:

The deluxe tracks are better than some standard tracks and shoudve replaced them and goodbye shoudve been the closer on both editions

I can see why the bonus tracks were left off the original version but I'm glad we have them nonetheless.

15 hours ago, Maybe said:

I agree that she sort of had to put this album out and I still have a theory that we will be getting a follow up sooner than usual. That said some of these songs do show clear maturity in sonically, they just suffer from a few poor production choices (I do think she needs to try someone else other than Jason lol). Goodbye, Roses, Down to You, Lighthouse, skip this part, Magic are pretty strong songs in her catalogue

• Like 1

I can't believe they gave the best playlisting to the worst new song :rip: 

• ATRL Moderator
4 hours ago, SeeingStars1515 said:

I agree that she sort of had to put this album out and I still have a theory that we will be getting a follow up sooner than usual. That said some of these songs do show clear maturity in sonically, they just suffer from a few poor production choices (I do think she needs to try someone else other than Jason lol). Goodbye, Roses, Down to You, Lighthouse, skip this part, Magic are pretty strong songs in her catalogue

The absolute truth and taste here :jamming: 

I like all of the songs (maybe except the one that features her daughter, sorry Kelly) but I can understand why they were originally left out, almost all of the tracks on the standard edition are better.

Also the deluxe album cover >>> the original

I hope this gives the album some new life, it's so good it deserves better

• ATRL Moderator

I am doing a short survivor only with the deluxe tracks. Please participate if you are interested!

D5p1sSa.jpg

I can't at how badly this album bombed outside of the US :rip: not even the German-speaking countries gave her cute debut positions. Atlantic is doing such a bad job worldwide and the lack of visuals ain't helping either...

after this kind of flop she'll probably rather stick to her hosting job :weeps:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fancyhoodlum said:

I don't ever hear of this album in Europe. Total non event 

unfortunately, and i dont understand why this is happening... this is her best album 

well, it's not surprising that without any promo over here you'll sell no records...

Germany's taste in music sucks in general though

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.