reputation's defining hit: Look What You Made Me Do vs Delicate vs Don't Blame Me

GiftFromGod

reputation's defining hit: Look What You Made Me Do vs Delicate vs Don't Blame Me  

143 members have voted

1. 1. reputation's defining hit: Look What You Made Me Do vs Delicate vs Don't Blame Me

• Look What You Made Me Do
    • Delicate
    • Don't Blame Me

Is it the hype-driven Look What You Made Me Do?

Is it the radio-driven Delicate?

Or is it the streaming-driven Don't Blame Me?

Dancing With Our Hands Tied :heart:

• Like 9

It's still LWYMMD, but it should've been

2 minutes ago, vuelve88 said:

• Like 2

They all suck but it'd easily Look What You Made Me Do, the first 3 weeks was such a collapse 

19 minutes ago, vuelve88 said:

I’d have to agree with this I fear 

No but seriously it’s LWYMMD. That music video was a global event. 

Edited by WeFoundTrouble

It's still Look What You Made Me Do

I would say Don't Blame is 2nd and Delicate is 3rd. DMB is def tugging at LWYMMD a bit w/ doubling its daily current streams on Spotify rn (1.4M vs 700K for LWYMMD), but w/ LWYMMD having a super iconic video while DBM has none, LWYMMD easily still wins.

Delicate, if we consider the GP's point of view regarding these songs. LWYMMD is good, but not lead single worthy and I think people back then weren't resonating with it a lot. Everyone with taste loved Delicate and the MV resonated more with the GP.

Edit: now what the hell is Don't Blame Me doing here? yuck.

Edited by Sombre
  • Thumbs Down 1

31 minutes ago, vuelve88 said:

There is an alternative universe where this was the lead single.  It was a 12 week number one hit and Society uncanceled her causing reputation to debut with 4m in its first week.  

• Like 4

LWYMMD was the perfect lead and defines the rep era. Delicate could've been competition had it been given another video. 

• Like 4

LWYMMD defined the era, for better or for worse. Everybody was tuned in (and tuned out shortly after, leading to those infamous negative radio bullets)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AndThenTheCocaine said:

infamous negative radio bullets

REP's radio stats are still to this day more shocking than anything else about the era. :deadbanana:

Was it two or three records she broke with radio drops?

Look What You Made Me Do (and its video) were a cultural reset. It also perfectly conveyed Taylor's comeback message.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biggie said:

REP's radio stats are still to this day more shocking than anything else about the era. :deadbanana:

Was it two or three records she broke with radio drops?

Top 5 largest spin drop as of end of 2017:
-4986: Look What You Made Me Do
-4604: End Game
-4602: No (Meghan Trainor)
-4432: ...Ready For It?
-4199: Die Young (Ke$ha)

It was bad for us :rip:

the one that got over 40 million views in its first day

it should've been the best song in her discography, Don't Blame Me and the career highlight, DWOHT

DWOHT is literally the preview for what would've been the likes of Blinding Lights, Cry About It Later and Can't Tame Her

• Like 2

LWYMMD was a moment. And it was a nice switch up for Taylor, especially leading from her biggest era ever. She doesn’t get enough credit for how deliciously poppy and weird the song was for her standards. Everything screamed iconic during its arrival.

Delicate really ended up setting the tone for her current stuff. Poppy, atmospheric, melancholic. It’s a fave, so it takes #2.

DBM is shaping up to be the CS/Enchanted of the record. Not mad at all, but I’d rather see songs like DWOHT and Dress getting this love treatment

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

How did this happen? The songs were amazing. LWYMMD made me a Taylor Swift fan. The era suddenly plummeting after LWYMMD is incredibly unusual. reputation is honestly her best album and deserves justice. Maybe that will happen with the album rerecording, which I presume will release next year

Her reputation’s never been worse.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.