The National - 'Laugh Track'

RideOrDie

was the whole of Frankenstein good? I stanned The Alcott and the first two singles but didn’t get around to the rest…

Edited by JoeAg

21 minutes ago, JoeAg said:

was the whole of Frankenstein good? I stanned The Alcott and the first two singles but didn’t get around to the rest…

umm no it was really bad. It's like a Coldplay album.

6 hours ago, Scandalous said:

is this still happening? they haven’t announced anything and it’s supposed to be out in like a week :rip: 

i- don't know :redface:  the album's ready to go... maybe they will pull a beybey and do a surprise release :rip: 

15 hours ago, ugo said:

umm no it was really bad. It's like a Coldplay album.

oh lordy lol

I love Trouble Will Find Me by them

On 9/10/2023 at 4:41 PM, JoeAg said:

oh lordy lol

I love Trouble Will Find Me by them

messy as an album but it has some real masterpieces on it like Tropic Morning News, The Alcott, & New Order T-shirt

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Scandalous said:

messy as an album but it has some real masterpieces on it like Tropic Morning News, The Alcott, & New Order T-shirt

yeah i love those ones!!

no idea if the album is still coming on the 18th, but the title track should come on that day. cover art... well... a little improvement? :swan:

Amazon is already selling it:

https://www.amazon.com/Laugh-Track-National/dp/B0CHNY328T/

TRACKLIST

1    Alphabet City
2    Deep End (Paul's in Pieces)
3    Weird Goodbyes (feat. Bon Iver)
4    Turn off the House
5    Dreaming
6    Laugh Track (feat. Phoebe Bridgers)

1    Space Invader
2    Hornets
3    Coat on a Hook
4    Tour Manager
5    Crumble (feat. Rosanne Cash)
6    Smoke Detector

spacer.png

Listening to it right now, it's more upbeat than Frankenstein and I am enjoying it so far. Evermore tease. They're great live so far, i'm not surprised they aren't adding an LA date on the second leg since they just did 2 Greek shows, but a little Shrine Auditorium show would be nice.

On 9/10/2023 at 4:31 AM, RideOrDie said:

i- don't know :redface:  the album's ready to go... maybe they will pull a beybey and do a surprise release :rip: 

it's out now, so I guess that is what they did. 

Not feeling it at first two listens :skull:

Listened to it a couple of times and it's pretty good! Not the band's best by any means, but it’s better than Frankenstein.

I have been listening for hours now. I really like what I'm hearing. Turn Off The House is my favorite for now. 

I really have to dig into their discography cause I have enjoyed most of what I have heard from them + their adjacent projects. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.