Xscape Still Kickin It 30 Years Later!

jdmc219

Every man wants a woman...

xscape-2000-060287513fb64dfaa155852e8d35f16b.jpg

30 years ago today, four young girls who weren’t like anyone else, didn’t dress like anyone, who “escaped” the sexy stereotype, came on to the scene with their debut single.

61zRLM5ZHYL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

As the First Ladies of So So Def with Jermaine Dupri, Kandi, Tiny, LaTocha, and Tamika jumped straight up the charts with Just Kickin’ It and became their first Top 10 hit of their career, peaking at #2 on the Hot 100 and #1 on the R&B/Hip Hop charts for four weeks.

Multiple hits and three albums later, Xscape became one of the most popular R&B Girl Groups of all time, selling 9M records Worldwide.

9b9f474bc0c895586a7f7200bc3e6d30d2e42cfb

Show some appreciation for Just Kickin’ It or any other memorable Xscape moments! :clap3:

"You're my little secret, and that's how we should keep it"

I shoulda seen it comiiiiiiiinng,

felt my heart beating MUCH too weaaak,

Can’t control, I can’t let go? Of you baby you baby YOUUUUUUUU OOOOOOOOHHHHHH!!!!! 

Tasha is awful but she did that on Do You Want Too :jonny6:

Keep on, Keepin on

Doin it right...right...riiiiiiiiight

But technically, TLC started the baggy clothes trendsetting for females via Pebbles vision.

SWV and Xscape came out afterwards.

Xscape has classics: Just kicking it, Understanding, Who can I run to? and My little secret.

cult hits: Feel so good, keep on keeping on, The arms of the one you love, Tonight, softest place on earth.

'Do You Want To' is by far my favorite XSCAPE song.

Tiny was singing her ass off on that song. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, slw84 said:

Keep on, Keepin on

Doin it right...right...riiiiiiiiight

But technically, TLC started the baggy clothes trendsetting for females via Pebbles vision.

SWV and Xscape came out afterwards.

Xscape has classics: Just kicking it, Understanding, Who can I run to? and My little secret.

cult hits: Feel so good, keep on keeping on, The arms of the one you love, Tonight, softest place on earth.

Hey, I'm just quoting what LaTaco and Other One said. Lol But I know. I think they were saying they were more hard street style whereas TLC was more fun and colorful.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jdmc219 said:

Hey, I'm just quoting what LaTaco and Other One said. Lol But I know. I think they were saying they were more hard street style whereas TLC was more fun and colorful.

Hmm GIF

:ahh:

Edited by LesFleur

I love them...but Kandi saying Xscape could beat Destiny's Child in a Verzus was a new level of delulu 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, naval23 said:

I love them...but Kandi saying Xscape could beat Destiny's Child in a Verzus was a new level of delulu 

Did you see how Krybaby was acting towards SWV on Queens of R&B? She needs her notches taken down sometimes. 

On 8/13/2023 at 9:51 AM, mons†er said:

'Do You Want To' is by far my favorite XSCAPE song.

Tiny was singing her ass off on that song. 

It still puzzles me how people thought she was the worst in the group. Trust, they all can sing, but I have my opinion who is the worst, and it's not 4'11".

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jdmc219 said:

It still puzzles me how people thought she was the worst in the group. Trust, they all can sing, but I have my opinion who is the worst, and it's not 4'11".

b/c people think being the loudest means you're the best or being heard so much on the music makes you the best. people don't know singing or what goes into using your instrument properly.

Edited by mons†er

On 8/13/2023 at 12:52 PM, naval23 said:

mind you, Kandi's whole claim to fame is writing 'Bills, Bills, Bills' and 'Say My Name'. both are bigger than all of Xscapes music. 

2 minutes ago, mons†er said:

mind you, Kandi's whole claim to fame is writing 'Bills, Bills, Bills' and 'Say My Name'. both are bigger than all of Xscapes music. 

the royalty coins from "No Scrubs" and those must be insane 

3 minutes ago, naval23 said:

the royalty coins from "No Scrubs" and those must be insane 

oh absolutely, but when you minimize your career to 3 songs instead of the group that actually put you on, and you have the mindset to believe you can beat DC in a Versuz... girl... go back to Bravo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.