Will I get in trouble?

Whis

My landlord told me that, according to my contract, I’m allowed to have a pet but she would hate it. I told her I wanted to adopt a cat and she told me no, that she doesn’t want that.

I just adopted 2 kittens. I’m riddled with anxiety :'(

• Haha 1

I hate these landlords that provide a proper contract for the renter but then have issues themselves with something that's contractual. I had this once where my contract stated I can have people over, but then the landlady constantly had issues with it and complained, like just friends visiting for one night while traveling etc. It was so annoying.

• Like 1

Since you've already notified them, they can't force you to give notice and move, but they will probably force you to pay a pet security deposit and monthly rent for each animal.

You shouldn’t have even told her tbh…

if it’s in your contract then you are allowed, end of. no need to ask permission.

• Like 2

If it's in your contract then you have the right to have it. Her problems are not your problems. 

• Like 1

well, it’s not technically against your lease agreement. all she can do is be upset :michael:

If it’s allowed in the contract, keep them (actually bring a few more and keep her fuming). 

Edited by airplane
  • Like 1

Yes, but it is worth it because the kittens will be there to comfort you when you get kicked out.

Yes but you better take incredible care of them.  Two pets is a lot unless you rarely ever travel.

If she didn't want them then she should've excluded them in the agreement. :giraffe:

I'm reporting you to the tenant board immediately

Weren't u the same renter that had a horrible landlord in a previous thread :rip:

2 hours ago, Smarticle said:

Weren't u the same renter that had a horrible landlord in a previous thread :rip:

Wait what? That wasn’t me no :skull: 

Uhm make sure to get everything she says to you in writing sis, if she's already openly telling you that she would like to ignore your rights and tenancy contract. 

I would simply not discuss this topic verbally with her tbh

If its not in the contract you should be allowed too.

I hate rentals that allows no Pets :biblio:  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.