Maui Fires: Only 5 ID'd of the 115 dead, 850 still missing, damage estimate at $8-10B

Espresso

Devastating destruction. :sosad:

The Earth is so angry. wildfires left and right, torrential downpours, shark attacks in NYC, sea lions attacking people, the air quality is an Instagram filter. just insane.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 50thStateofMind said:

PLEASE DONATE if you can:

Maui Strong Fund:

bit.ly/kokuamaui

Kākoʻo Maui Fund:

hawaiiancouncil.org/maui

Maui Mutual Aid Fund:

bit.ly.mauimutualaid

These are VETTED community partners. The funds go directly to on-the-ground relief work with trusted community leaders:

Thanks for these. I've added to OP.

• Thanks 1

I'm surprised we haven't had a lot more of fires and similar events this 2023 northern summer.

F3AdClbbkAA3Fge.jpg
https://climatereanalyzer.org/clim/t2_daily/

The current streak of 36 consecutive days with global 2-meter temperatures exceeding previous records appears to have come to an end for the time being.

Spoiler

Oh my GOD

@Espresso This could be his Katrina moment, easily. :skull: 

24 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Oh my GOD

Sis, out of all the sources you use to show his (objectively bad) comment you use….that? You could at least use a normal journalist and not RNC Research (haven’t you used QAnon Twitter sources in the past in comments dragging Biden too?)

5 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

Sis, out of all the sources you use to show his (objectively bad) comment you use….that? You could at least use a normal journalist and not RNC Research (haven’t you used QAnon Twitter sources in the past in comments dragging Biden too?)

It was literally the first thing that came up. You complaining about the source doesn't change the fact that his revealing, senior moment comments are objectively bad.

It's not like the RNC even editorialized on what he said. It was the quote itself. End of.

And frankly, at this point, even QAnon seems to have more human empathy than the sociopathic moron that we currently have an office.

EDIT: I searched it again and ONLY right wing commentators are even acknowledging that this happened. Democrat-friendly publications are sweeping it under the rug as they always do.

Edited by ClashAndBurn

4 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

It was literally the first thing that came up. You complaining about the source doesn't change the fact that his revealing, senior moment comments are objectively bad.

It's not like the RNC even editorialized on what he said. It was the quote itself. End of.

And frankly, at this point, even QAnon seems to have more human empathy than the sociopathic moron that we currently have an office.

EDIT: I searched it again and ONLY right wing commentators are even acknowledging that this happened. Democrat-friendly publications are sweeping it under the rug as they always do.

I seen Yashar Ali post the video (but he somehow deleted it) yesterday, that’s why I said something. 

Now sis I agree it was a horrible comment, but we don’t need to use Q and GOP sources :rip:

4 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

I seen Yashar Ali post the video (but he somehow deleted it) yesterday, that’s why I said something. 

Now sis I agree it was a horrible comment, but we don’t need to use Q and GOP sources :rip:

so... what so what sources am I supposed to use if the non-GOP sources get bullied into deleting it and covering it up??? :celestial5:

41 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Oh my GOD

I saw that. As the ultimate cynic I'm not sure how far to break this down.

Like literally my mind went to the number of electoral delegates in Hawaii.

Anyone for whom this is a make or break weren't planning on voting for either Biden or Trump already.

Unless we're talking about cancelling out some small fraction of the tens of millions that never vote, but there's little way to quantify that.

I was there earlier this year. I kept thinking what a peaceful paradise it is. A perfect tourist town and a former kingdom capital with historical heritage. Heartbreaking that this happened, and so many lives, homes, businesses were totally wiped out :cries: I can’t believe it

2 minutes ago, Espresso said:

I saw that. As the ultimate cynic I'm not sure how far to break this down.

Like literally my mind went to the number of electoral delegates in Hawaii.

Anyone for whom this is a make or break weren't planning on voting for either Biden or Trump already.

Unless we're talking about cancelling out some small fraction of the tens of millions that never vote, but there's little way to quantify that.

Yeah, Democrat voters on the mainland don't give two shits about Hawai'i. Even here, the fact that "the source" gets attacked rather than the substance when there are no better sources and no Democrats even want to discuss what a heartless bastard Joe Biden is because "AT LEAST HE IS NOT TRUMP" when it didn't have to be this way. We didn't have to have a senior with a melted brain and zero empathy remaining in his body as president. But the DNC and South Carolinians forced this choice on us.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.