Taylor Swift - '1989 (Taylor's Version)'

Popboi.

The streaming debut for this will be absolutely monstrous, I would think even Midnights' is in danger in that regard dddd :deadbanana4:

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• LiamVillain

• SpeakNowTv

8 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

It's really never that deep then don't listen to those songs. Not you trying to gatekeep the artist because you feel entitled to experiencing them your certain way. 

I think she can use the next 2 Taylor versions to bridge the gap and continue to have content until we get her next and latest release for sure. After we get Lover and Reputation Taylor's Version, I can definitely see us getting a new album which would probably be like by Q3 2024. After that releasing every 2 years or so is more than earned and warranted for sure. And lmfao at you basically manifesting a general success and popularity decline because being a fan of hers is making you broke 🤣 that sound like a you problem 

I dont see her dropping an album in 2024. She dropped so many back-to-back and is all being supported by this huge era tour and multiple TikTok resurgence for her old catalogue + not ending until late 2024 of all these things. I feel like she's going to need a year break even if she's writing while rerecording and touring. 2025 maybe, but idk if she will want a bigger break if she has to tour that album too. A 2/3-year hiatus might do wonders for her even though she doesn't feel too overexposed yet. 

• Like 1

Not BTR "not having emotion". Y'all think a 16 year old screeching=emotion:rip: I even saw someone say dear John didn't have emotion which is ridiculous since we know she still feels some type of way about it. 

But diff opinions and all that. 

Does anyone know if they're still tracking her numbers?

Edited by Starchild
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Pre-orders update :clap3:

(Very accurate info in case someone doubts it)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bonicap said:

A shame they did not stock more special CDs, but these numbers are truly insane. 

1 hour ago, Klein said:

A shame they did not stock more special CDs, but these numbers are truly insane. 

they dont want to, special vinyl are coming

3 hours ago, Bonicap said:

These numbers should remove any last doubts of 1989 clearing 1M first week
Speak Now did 507k pure and around 210k streaming units.
1989 is now at 444k pure with just 1 week of preorder and will certainly do more streaming units than Speak Now, lets say 300k streaming for 1989 = it already pretty much sold a guaranteed 744k first week atleast
if they stock 240k vinyl variants, which will sell out for sure as well, it'd be at 984k... and this is with 2 more months of preorders, digital sales, target release etc still left to be added :ghostface:

Edited by TaylenaStan

Ahhhh I'm soooo excited for this, 1989 is my favourite Taylor's album. I love the new cover and the whole aesthetic. She's really gonna serve!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TaylenaStan said:

These numbers should remove any last doubts of 1989 clearing 1M first week

I will consider it locked when the pure sales get close to 750k. For now let's say the chances are very very high.

43 minutes ago, Bonicap said:

I will consider it locked when the pure sales get close to 750k. For now let's say the chances are very very high.

How many pre-orders did Speak Now TV had? 

1 hour ago, Klein said:

How many pre-orders did Speak Now TV had? 

Around 200k from her webstore.

4 minutes ago, Bonicap said:

Around 200k from her webstore.

So the 1M debut for 1989 TV is completely on lock. Especially since other variants are coming. :clap3:

27 minutes ago, Klein said:

So the 1M debut for 1989 TV is completely on lock. Especially since other variants are coming. :clap3:

Vinyl variants don't do a lot unless they have a different cover. Special CDs seemed to have different covers so I hope it's the same for the vinyls. If the difference between variants is only the color of the disc, like it happened with Speak Now TV, it will barely add 10-15k sales.

11 minutes ago, Bonicap said:

Vinyl variants don't do a lot unless they have a different cover. Special CDs seemed to have different covers so I hope it's the same for the vinyls. If the difference between variants is only the color of the disc, like it happened with Speak Now TV, it will barely add 10-15k sales.

But the thing is she doesn't even need those variants to cross 1M, it will just be a bonus. She's generally selling as much during her first week from retailers as her total pre-orders. So that's something like 800k pure sales and 1989 TV will EASILY do more than 200k SEA. 

Now it's time to see if 1989 TV can beat 1989 OG's debut. :eli:

Edited by Klein

1 hour ago, Klein said:

But the thing is she doesn't even need those variants to cross 1M, it will just be a bonus. She's generally selling as much during her first week from retailers as her total pre-orders. So that's something like 800k pure sales and 1989 TV will EASILY do more than 200k SEA. 

Now it's time to see if 1989 TV can beat 1989 OG's debut. :eli:

The absolute kii if she outdoes her biggest Big Machine debut week AGAIN with the re-recording of it :dies: eat your heart out Borchetta, I hope she pulls out all the tricks

58 minutes ago, Kyle-x said:

The absolute kii if she outdoes her biggest Big Machine debut week AGAIN with the re-recording of it :dies: eat your heart out Borchetta, I hope she pulls out all the tricks

If she pulls out all the tricks she will do +1.3M for sure. We are talking about signed copies (Midnights had like 130k of them), restock of the special CDs, vinyl variants with different covers, a "gift" for retailers (bonus track, more polaroids...). I don't know how many of these things she will do, though.

Edited by Bonicap

IM IN LOVE WITH THE NEW COVER 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.