Taylor Swift - '1989 (Taylor's Version)'

Popboi.

4 hours ago, Taylor fanboy said:

If there’s a male collab here, @Finny and I DEMAND The Vampire Weekend! 

Ew, Ezra’s creepy ass can stay far away from Taylor, we don’t need a redux Matty situation :biblio:

although I do agree their first three albums are god-tier 

• Like 1

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• LiamVillain

• SpeakNowTv

4 minutes ago, SpeakNowTv said:

then where is the more Speak Now TV chapter? 

I don’t think there is any more Speak Now. There also wasn’t a “More Fearless” until she retconned ITWAM. :gaycat6:

12 minutes ago, 1989 said:

It’s pretty obvious that she’ll be doing some of the “More” chapters again in the future, no? I imagine Sweeter Than Fiction and the BB Remix will be on a “More 1989” chapter after the album’s release. It’s clear she wants to own (or re-record) all of her work; she didn’t have to re-record S&S and Eyes Open but she did, so I think it’s safe to say we’ll get all the extras somewhere down the line. Same goes for IDWLF and TIWYCF—if they don’t make it as Rep vault tracks, they’ll get a “More Reputation” release, too. 

is it worth the money to pay kendrick lamar for a random one-off that's not on an actual album?

3 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

is it worth the money to pay kendrick lamar for a random one-off that's not on an actual album?

Maybe not, but like I said, it seems like she’s wanting to (re)do everything. She did it for The Civil Wars (or Joy and John) on S&S. 

The "More" tracks are annoying because they get lost in the shuffle of her unwieldy streaming discography :deadbanana2:not to mention the wasted album units if they do numbers like AOTGYLB.

• Like 1

it's 1989, collaborations will be big, not Troye Sivan.

Phoebe was ok for red cause it's her chanteuse album now. She's giving to the "new" albums a specific identity. While red in 2012 was basically sold as mainstream pop album like 1989 now she made ATW 10 minutes, song with phoebe etc.. she sold it as her singer songwriter album this time.

Speak now back in 2010 was sold like a country kind of fearless 2 (mine aka the copy of love story, back to december, sparks fly). Now she sold it like an early 10s rock pop album (see the collaborators) and Enchanted as main pop old song.

1989 is her mainstream big pop album. Why she should choose Troye Sivan or some indie band for 1989? It's not its narrative. Names are gonna be Selena Gomez, Katy Perry, Madonna, Dua Lipa etc.. i'm not saying these exact names, but this genre of big maisntream pop stars. 

Edited by vale9001

1 minute ago, 1989 said:

Maybe not, but like I said, it seems like she’s wanting to (re)do everything. She did it for The Civil Wars (or Joy and John) on S&S. 

the civil wars are 1% as famous as kendrick; she can pay them with with change

Maybe we'll get that Drake feature no one wants anymore and fulfill the prophecy of the Apple Music commercial where she listens to the Drake & Future song.

22 minutes ago, Headlock said:

Ew, Ezra’s creepy ass can stay far away from Taylor, we don’t need a redux Matty situation :biblio:

although I do agree their first three albums are god-tier 

What‘s the tea on Ezra? :biblionny:

Meanwhile reputation in the live versions is very rock. Seems like in the live version we can hear what the album could have been if the label didn't want a 1989 2.0. 

So she should sell It this time like a sort of rock-r'n'b album with collaborations from rappers or more electronic acts- rock bands. 

Edited by vale9001

what are the theories for the new scheduled post? my guess its just the LA show post but u never know with her

45 minutes ago, SpeakNowTv said:

what are the theories for the new scheduled post? my guess its just the LA show post but u never know with her

My theory (and @Klein's prophecy) is that the LA show post will come with the boxscores tomorrow. And, for what it's worth, the 'new' scheduled post is just the archived LH explainer video :gaycat4:

HOT TAKE:
Sweeter Than Fiction is not good. It did what it needed to do to prep for 1989, but it can remain on a "More EP/Chapter/Etc".\

IMG_7374.thumb.gif.c2b671d4e9a1b087446f1

8 hours ago, PopA911 said:

The Vault collabs are obviously HAIM and Selena, you girlies are just ignoring this fact atp :fan:

Please no, anyone but her :rip:

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, Enrique523 said:

Please no, anyone but her :rip:

I mean, the post with the polaroids of her, Selena and HAIM was not innocent imo 

1 hour ago, PopA911 said:

I mean, the post with the polaroids of her, Selena and HAIM was not innocent imo 

We'll see i guess. I like their friendship but i REALLY don't like Selena as an artist/singer, she's extremely below Taylor and doesn't deserve to share a song with her imo. I'd rather see Taylor collaborate with more talented artists.

• Thumbs Down 1

Just now, Enrique523 said:

We'll see i guess. I like their friendship but i REALLY don't like Selena as an artist/singer, she's extremely below Taylor and doesn't deserve to share a song with her imo. I'd rather see Taylor collaborate with more talented artists.

I like Selena so I’d be happy with a collab between the two. But these guesses are all fun and games, my bet are those two :giraffe:

1 hour ago, PopA911 said:

I like Selena so I’d be happy with a collab between the two. But these guesses are all fun and games, my bet are those two :giraffe:

Yeah, it's not the end of the world if they do collaborate i guess. I still hope it's not gonna happen but if the song is good, so be it :giraffe:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vale9001 said:

Meanwhile reputation in the live versions is very rock. Seems like in the live version we can hear what the album could have been if the label didn't want a 1989 2.0. 

So she should sell It this time like a sort of rock-r'n'b album with collaborations from rappers or more electronic acts- rock bands. 

I disagree. Rep was all her. No label interference. First time she chose singles without help. No one even at the label heard it when she turned it in. The reason songs sound rockier live is because that’s what translates best in a stadium. She marketed rep as her bad girl era at first and pushed the more hip hop influenced songs as singles and nothing really connected with the GP, until delicate was released later on. I think this time around she will really push that it’s an album about love and focus more on the tropical dance / edm/ house / dance sound of the album for the vault tracks… but the album might have a lot of vault tracks so we could still get another revenge anthem/ hip hop infused song/ bad girl tay song.I def think she will serve looks in the photo shoot tho. Probably look hotter than the first album shoot. This time around, sexy tay could actually connect with the GP.

• Like 4

I still think she’s going to pull a 3 am edition with 1989 tv and give us more vault tracks. The only vault collab im seriously believing so far is Dua. Seems the most obvious. I could also see either Harry, Selena, Haim, Madonna, or Katy appearing as well. Especially if we do get more vault tracks.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

I could also see her releasing all the vault songs as solo songs so at least one of the TVs has no collabs and then releasing remixes of each song with different artists. With the way she is performing, maybe she should release singles ahead of release. Songs like style tv, New Romantics tv, DBM tv would have serious shots at #1

14 minutes ago, 19SLAYty9 said:

I still think she’s going to pull a 3 am edition with 1989 tv and give us more vault tracks. The only vault collab im seriously believing so far is Dua. Seems the most obvious. I could also see either Harry, Selena, Haim, Madonna, or Katy appearing as well. Especially if we do get more vault tracks.

i have the same feeling. there’s no way she’s only releasing 5 songs for her most successful album 

Honestly i would KILL for a Madonna/Taylor collaboration, it'd be such a collapse :duca:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.