• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• LiamVillain

• SpeakNowTv

I have a feeling she may not use Christopher Rowe for 1989’s main pop hits, since he worked with her for mainly the country stuff. But if he did, I hope sis doesn’t botch the main ones, especially style 

55 minutes ago, mael said:

These CANNOT be replicated

Just heard New Romantics instrumentals and yeah, good luck to Christopher Rowe

f3IzDaK.gif

WDTV sounds very much like the og actually

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

Honestly the vocal production alone on Wildest Dreams TV > 

I remember randomly listening to the stolen version a while ago and was shocked at how lifeless the vocals on the refrain sounded. It was like they were compressed so heavily and lacked a sort of emotional pull if that makes any sense. Still love that song but I genuinely think the re-recorded version is a step above :jamming: that and This Love (TV) absolutely demolishing its original version gives me all the hope I need for 1989TV :wanda:

• Like 1

Forgive me swifties it took me until now to give clean a proper shot but it’s now tugging at my top 3 :jonny4:

28 minutes ago, Theluckyone said:

I have a feeling she may not use Christopher Rowe for 1989’s main pop hits, since he worked with her for mainly the country stuff. But if he did, I hope sis doesn’t botch the main ones, especially style 

She has shellback on board right? Idk, i feel like him and Jack can really recreate this album well.

WD and TL were genuinely great and TL was actually elevated.

I don't see her just throwing her biggest album out there like that, SN was amazing and the best so far so I don't have much doubts this will be good.

I’ve said this a bunch and I’ll say it again; I think Chris Rowe is a fine country producer, but she keeps handing the vocals for the Max pop songs to him (IKYWT, WANEGBT, 22, WD, etc…) when either Elvira or even Jack are right there. I don’t think they butchered any of the instrumentals so far for the pop singles, even WDTV which I’m hyper critical of, as it’s one of my fave songs. But the vocal mixing for all the pop songs IMO just sounds off, too forward in the mix and like how her vocals should be mixed for country songs.

People do way too much because that’s really the only big difference between the Max Martin OGs and TVs, and it could be easily fixed if she’d just hand the vocal work to a proper POP producer. Elvira did a perfect job on MIAB, so… she could do a great job on all the 1989 songs, I’m sure.

• Like 5

I just want Imogen Heap back for Clean :jonny:. Good thing she teased like 2 years ago that she was working on it, so I’m hopeful. No one can do it like her.

I will NOT be ready for You Are in Love (Taylor's Version). If she and her team do the track right, I will sob uncontrollably. 

• Like 1

I just know HYGTGTV will be the best track :katie2:

8 hours ago, Taylor fanboy said:

Sis they have! :WAP:

One is a sister-ish to Clean but with a poppy/shouty chorus.

It has lyrics of “Say say say”.

If that French thief didn’t go to jail in France, we could have had received more info from them.

umm he was literally caught lying in the midnight thread 💀

Edited by ugo

When she elevates clean by extending the bridge like she did on the 1989 tour, how will we survive???? 4:51 :jonnycat:

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Christopher Rowe won't be working on the pop tracks alone; in Red (Taylor's Version), Shellback also came back for WANEGBT, IKYWT, and 22. Then Elvira produced Message In a Bottle. And if you look at Wildest Dreams, Shellback's also there.

I actually have a hunch that Rowe is more like a producer for the more "labor" parts

9 hours ago, ~Start The Music said:

:ahh:

Came to post this mess

I better not hear anyone wanting him on the song or the album ever again :coffee2:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Holiest Dreams said:

I’ve said this a bunch and I’ll say it again; I think Chris Rowe is a fine country producer, but she keeps handing the vocals for the Max pop songs to him (IKYWT, WANEGBT, 22, WD, etc…) when either Elvira or even Jack are right there. I don’t think they butchered any of the instrumentals so far for the pop singles, even WDTV which I’m hyper critical of, as it’s one of my fave songs. But the vocal mixing for all the pop songs IMO just sounds off, too forward in the mix and like how her vocals should be mixed for country songs.

People do way too much because that’s really the only big difference between the Max Martin OGs and TVs, and it could be easily fixed if she’d just hand the vocal work to a proper POP producer. Elvira did a perfect job on MIAB, so… she could do a great job on all the 1989 songs, I’m sure.

The WANEGBT and IKYWT instrumentals sound like karaoke tracks on YouTube, let’s be real. 

As long as the Max Tracks are more like WDTV than the atrocious InbRed pop versions it’s OK. 

Still think she has a lot more surprises planned for this. The OG 1989 is not going to go down without a fight :toofunny3:

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, SinnerCity said:

That is not real or is it?

No lol

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, SinnerCity said:

That is not real or is it?

The fact that you even had to ask this
:bibliahh:

Realistically, the three collabs we're getting are Dionne Warwick, HAIM and Dua Lipa

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.